KS 2022, Sep 12-18: Kansas Eggstravaganza 2022 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2021, 03:44 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
2022, Sep 12-18: Kansas Eggstravaganza 2022

Save the dates for number for 15:
2022 Dates
9/12 - 13 pre-rally
9/14 - 18 Eggstravaganza XV (15)
Location to be determined later
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:11 PM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Plan to be there

We are new Scamp 19 owners and plan to be there. Please let us know where
Michael
MHinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:53 AM   #3

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Casita
NE
Also interested when location is decided!
Mich H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 12:15 PM   #4

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape Trailer Industries 5.0TA
Missouri
Has the location been set yet?

Thanks
skipperclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #5

2022 Eggstravaganza Reservations open

9/12 - 13 pre-rally

9/14 - 18 Eggstravaganza XV (15)

We are returning to Farnum Creek (COE) Campground.

Reservations open this week at Recreation.gov. Check your calendar and pick your arrival date in September then you can make your reservation on that day in March. (6 months to the day prior to your arrival). Reservations open at 10 am Eastern time.

After 15 years Joyce and I are stepping aside as hosts at the end of this year’s rally. We do hope that a new host or hosts will take the reins and continue the rally.

If not, it could change from a rally to a Get Together (No host, no agenda, no preplanned activities just doing what we do best, eat and talk).
Old 03-12-2022, 02:06 PM   #6

Name: Brian&Christy
Trailer: Escape 21C
Kansas
We will be in site #45
ADVCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #7

Kansas Eggstravaganza June update

Not a lot to report. 11 have told me that they have reservations. There are about 14 sites still available.

I haven’t heard from anyone who would like to take over as host and with so few signed up I guess it is just time.

This year’s agenda will be about the same as the past, We will do our “let’s Do Lunch”, but not sure yet where it will be.

Tom
Old 08-19-2022, 06:39 PM   #8

Kansas Eggstravaganza August Update

Hard to believe but it is under a month until the rally. Do not have much to report. It looks like there are 5 sites available.

We just returned from a short camping trip. Our first outing of the season. We checked out a campground that we might use for next year’s no host get-to-gather if no one takes over as host. We are going to check on a few others. If someone steps up to be the new host, then everything will be up to them.

Due to some nagging dental issues I have not deployed with the Red Cross since spending Christmas and New Years in Kentucky for the tornado response. The problems have also kept us close to home.

We are going to go out for lunch this year. We have not done so for the last 2 years due to Covid concerns. (I am fully vaccinated, double boosted and recovered). However, there are not a lot of sit down restaurants in JC to choose from. Joyce and I will be checking them out prior to the rally. The Mexican restaurant we went to several times has changed ownership, name and location. Stacy’s is always a possibility.

The list of those (who let me know that they are) attending and the agenda was sent to people on my mailing list.

Tom
Old 08-20-2022, 06:33 AM   #9

Name: Don
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Missouri
Don and Peggy from St. Louis will be on Site 40 from Wednesday to Sunday morning.
Donald E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:54 PM   #10

Name: Gary & Kan-Mui
Trailer: Scamp 13 ("Eggspats")/ Jeep Liberty
Michigan
Registry
2022 Eggstravaganza

What a pleasant surprise!

After returning from 30+ years in China in 2012, my wife Kan-Mui and I bought a new Scamp (dubbed "Eggspats") and began exploring the US, spending a month in each state. So far, we've completed 36. This Sep-Oct, we decided to eggsplore Kansas and Oklahoma. What a pleasant surprise to discover a rally in KS. We've booked A29 in Farnum Creek COE campground Sep 14-18. We hope we're in the right place for the Eggstravaganza.
oldchinahands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:19 PM   #11

Name: Galen
Trailer: Scamp 16
Kansas
Registry
From Wichita, we are considering coming for Fri-Sat, probably a one nighter. Is there a registration process?
fastdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:00 AM   #12

Name: Brian&Christy
Trailer: Escape 21C
Kansas
You need to go to Recreation.gov and look up Farnum creek. Then you can find a spot that is open and reserve it.
ADVCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:35 AM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdixie View Post
From Wichita, we are considering coming for Fri-Sat, probably a one nighter. Is there a registration process?

No real registration process. Just make a reservation and show u with a smile.

Fri, Sept 16

8:00 – 9:00Coffee and visiting

Free to explore, play games or just visit.

3:00 – 5:00Ladder ball tournament

6:00Pizza Party (bring your own soft drinks, beer or wine). A donation will be collected to cover the cost of the pizza.

Sat, Sept 17

8:00 – 9:00Coffee and visiting

9:00 – 10:00 Breakfast potluck. Bring one or two of your favorite breakfast items to share.

Day free to explore or play games.

6:00 – 7:00Bring your own dinner. We will eat together and visit

7:00 Campfire and Chat. Saturday Night Sundaes, ice cream sundaes, Ice cream, toppings, bowls and spoons furnished

7:30 or soOpening of the Rally Bags*

Sun, Sept 18

8:00 - 9:30 Breakfast served by your hosts. Biscuits and Gravy. Everything furnished so you only need to bring your appetite.

8:00 - 10:00Saying our farewells and breaking camp.

10:00Post Rally Stay Together: Visiting and impromptu activities

*Rally Bags

Let’s share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. There will be a bag for each Rig so you can add something to each bag if you wish. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Hint: Dollar Store). It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. (Continued on back page)

The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover our “treasures”.It should not be a burden so remember to keep it simple and fun.
Jimmy J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 06:24 PM   #14

Last Kansas Eggstravanganza update.

21 rigs have notified me that they are coming. The campground has only 4 of its 46 sites that are open for all or part of the rally so I will guess that we will have our usual 32 +/-. That is my best guess for those asking for a number for the Rally Bags.

Because my high school class has scheduled the 60 year reunion for the exact same time as our rally, I will be absent for short periods of time to pop in on the reunion. I have not attended the last few and this may be the last chance to see many of my classmates. We have lost several in the last couple of years.

Jim Phillips has agreed once again to lead a hike through the Konzo Prairie Preserve in the scenic Flint Hills.

I will contact Stacy’s in Grandview Plaza about lunch on Thursday. Unless they are unable to accommodate us, we will plan to have lunch there. For those who do not know Stacy’s is a local institution in the Junction City area. Prior to the construction of I-70 it was a truck stop. When it was bypassed by the Interstate it became a iocal “go to” place instead of failing.

For those of you coming from the Southeast you may need to know that highway 177 is closed from Council Grove to I-70. You will need to use US 75 through Topeka or US 77 through Junction City.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

I am still hoping that someone will take over as hosts and keep our gathering going as a rally. If someone takes over they will choose the dates and place. If no one takes over we will gather September 13 – 17, 2023 at a campground to be determined. (It will NOT be Farnum Creek because I want to show off other parts of the state).
Old 09-07-2022, 06:27 PM   #15

Last Kansas Eggstravanganza update.

21 rigs have notified me that they are coming. The campground has only 4 of its 46 sites that are open for all or part of the rally so I will guess that we will have our usual 32 +/-. That is my best guess for those asking for a number for the Rally Bags.

Because my high school class has scheduled the 60 year reunion for the exact same time as our rally, I will be absent for short periods of time to pop in on the reunion. I have not attended the last few and this may be the last chance to see many of my classmates. We have lost several in the last couple of years.

Jim Phillips has agreed once again to lead a hike through the Konzo Prairie Preserve in the scenic Flint Hills.

I will contact Stacy’s in Grandview Plaza about lunch on Thursday. Unless they are unable to accommodate us, we will plan to have lunch there. For those who do not know Stacy’s is a local institution in the Junction City area. Prior to the construction of I-70 it was a truck stop. When it was bypassed by the Interstate it became a local “go to” place instead of failing.

For those of you coming from the Southeast you may need to know that highway 177 is closed from Council Grove to I-70. You will need to use US 75 through Topeka or US 77 through Junction City.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

I am still hoping that someone will take over as hosts and keep our gathering going as a rally. If someone takes over they will choose the dates and place. If no one takes over we will gather September 13 – 17, 2023 at a campground to be determined. (It will NOT be Farnum Creek because I want to show off other parts of the state).
Old 09-12-2022, 06:48 PM   #16

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
We will arrive Saturday sept 17 site #34
Randy and Susan Johnson from Wichita 17’ casita
RandySusanCasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:20 PM   #17

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Play-mor II
Kansas