CA 2023 April 13-17, Bodega Bay Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2022, 11:59 AM   #1

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape
California
Registry
2023 April 13-17, Bodega Bay Gathering

Dear Fiberglass Friends,

I am minimally organizing a Bodega Bay gathering next year, April 13-17, 2023, at Westside Regional Park.
Sonoma County Parks lets you reserve your arrival date 1 year in advance so, for example, if you want to arrive April 13, 2023 you can make your reservation on April 13, 2022 and then reserve as many days as you want.
To make a reservation visit https://reserve.sonomacountycamping....tside/camping/
Once you make your reservation please message me your
names
hometown
dates
site#
rig make, model, size, year hatched
and I will do my best to compile the list to share with everyone.
Pat and I will arrive April 11 and depart April 17. Maybe we will call it a tax day gathering (although Google says tax day is the 18th next year) but be sure to do your taxes before you come.

Doug Olson
DougOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #2

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Currently shopping
CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougOlson View Post
Dear Fiberglass Friends,

I am minimally organizing a Bodega Bay gathering next year, April 13-17, 2023, at Westside Regional Park.
Sonoma County Parks lets you reserve your arrival date 1 year in advance so, for example, if you want to arrive April 13, 2023 you can make your reservation on April 13, 2022 and then reserve as many days as you want.
To make a reservation visit https://reserve.sonomacountycamping....tside/camping/
Once you make your reservation please message me your
names
hometown
dates
site#
rig make, model, size, year hatched
and I will do my best to compile the list to share with everyone.
Pat and I will arrive April 11 and depart April 17. Maybe we will call it a tax day gathering (although Google says tax day is the 18th next year) but be sure to do your taxes before you come.

Doug Olson
Hi Doug. I am booked for site 16. I have a 2014
Casita spirit deluxe. New to me. My reservation is for 4/13 to 4/17/2023. I am looking forward to it. Thank you. Nicole
Ndubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:22 PM   #3

CA
I am coming up from santa cruz ca
Old 08-25-2022, 09:44 PM   #4

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Escape 21
Tennessee
Susan and Jeff will be there
2017 Escape 21.
April 13-17
Site 22.
jking1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 12:19 AM   #5

California
Registry
Bodega Bay Update

Just a quick update and reminder. As of today there are 11 rigs reserved and 9 sites open for those dates, Apr 13-17, 2023.
Old 12-21-2022, 06:15 PM   #6

Name: Philip
Trailer: Bigfoot 1995 B17CB
California
Would love to join everyone on this get together, but I'm a CPA and it's the filing deadline. If only a week later?
Have fun!
Phil
Fullbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 12:06 PM   #7

California
I'll join you!

Hi, Due to flooding, etc., the IRS has extended the April filing deadline to May 15th in my area. I'll be there Friday through Sunday in site #7. My trailer is a 1995 Bigfoot B17CB. Tow vehicle is white 2006 Toyota Tundra. Look forward to a glass of wine and oysters with you all.
Phil
(from Auburn, CA)
Old 02-08-2023, 05:58 PM   #8

CA
Hi Doug, any updates on the Bodega Bay gathering in April? Thanks, Nicole
Old 03-02-2023, 11:27 PM   #9

California
Registry
Bodega Bay Update

Hi folks,
A little over a month away and when I checked yesterday there were no open sites for that weekend. Below is the list of people in the 20 rigs I know about.
As a special treat Earl Arrants is planning to come (staying in a motel) and is work on some buttons for us.

If anyone is coming and not on the list below please let me know so I can update it. I plan to have the list with site numbers to hand out at the gathering.
See you there,
Doug

Apr 13-17, Calvin & Audrey Shiraishi, South SF, Casita / Spirit Deluxe / 17 / 2021
Apr 14-16, Phil, Auburn, CA, Bigfoot B17CB, 1995
Apr 13-16, Jan & John King, Felton, Escape 21'
Apr 13-16, Kundalini & Angela Byatt, Richmond, 2021 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Apr 13-17, Dan & Chris Alberbtsons, Sacramento, Bigfoot
Apr 13-17, Nicole, Santa Cruz, Casita Spirit Deluxe, 2014
Apr 13-17, Robin Primavera, Carmichael, Escape 17
Apr 12-17, Bill & Beverly Sollars, Scamp 16, 2012
Apr 13-17, Connie Zupan, Sacramento, Scamp 16 Deluxe. 2015
Apr 13-17, Susan & Jeff, Escape 21, 2017
Apr 12-17, Alan & Jeannie Ashby, Casita 17', 2008
Apr 14-16, Doug & Hollis Hepper, Sacramento
Apr 11-17, Pat & Doug Olson, El Dorado Hills, Escape 19, 2022
Apr 13-19, Mike & Patti Chastain, Doyle, CA, Scamp 16 Deluxe, 2015
Apr 10-17, Pat & Milo, San Jose, Escape 21
Apr 12-17, Charlie Janiel &Charlotte Manchester, Clovis, CA, Casita 17 SD, 2010
Jeanie & Tom Pearson, Roadtrek
Apr 10-18, Paula Chavez, Ventura, Oliver Legacy Elite, 18.5', 2015
Apr 11-16, Doug & Mary Will, Redding, CA, Escape 21, 2016
Apr 10-17, Bill & Gisela McKeag, Somewhere USA, Escape 21, 2014
Old 03-27-2023, 12:15 PM   #10

California
Registry
I heard from someone that they won't make it to the gathering and are cancelling their site 26 for Apr 13-17, today (Mar 27).
So if you know anyone interested in coming today would be a good day to check.
Old 03-27-2023, 01:07 PM   #11

Name: Dan
Trailer: In the market
California
In my back yard - I might stop by and check out the Bigfoots since I’m in the market. Any 25 footer Bigfoots coming?

Otherwise I’d recommend taking a short (< half hour) drive up to Ft Ross State Park and enjoy the history and landscape. If you’re into hiking you can go up the coast there, make sure you bring your hiking boots and expect water, mud and cows (and be careful on the cliffs), or just go down the beach after checking out the Fort.

On the way up just past Jenner is the new Jenner Headlands Regional Park. Depending on your fitness it’s a great hike up the hill that gives spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, and for something milder past that stop at the … oh I forget the exact name of it, “Outlook” something, yeah “Vista Point Sonoma County Park” by Myers Grade Road. Warning the next section of 1 is windy, narrow and there’s a 1 way stoplight as they’ve been doing a big road upgrade over the winter.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 12:42 AM   #12

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
In my back yard - I might stop by and check out the Bigfoots since I’m in the market. Any 25 footer Bigfoots coming?

Otherwise I’d recommend taking a short (< half hour) drive up to Ft Ross State Park and enjoy the history and landscape. If you’re into hiking you can go up the coast there, make sure you bring your hiking boots and expect water, mud and cows (and be careful on the cliffs), or just go down the beach after checking out the Fort.

On the way up just past Jenner is the new Jenner Headlands Regional Park. Depending on your fitness it’s a great hike up the hill that gives spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, and for something milder past that stop at the … oh I forget the exact name of it, “Outlook” something, yeah “Vista Point Sonoma County Park” by Myers Grade Road. Warning the next section of 1 is windy, narrow and there’s a 1 way stoplight as they’ve been doing a big road upgrade over the winter.
Thanks for the info BigDan. We enjoyed a visit to Fort Ross a couple years ago. There will be one 25' Bigfoot there, and a 17'.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:55 AM   #13

California
Smile Bigfoot Available

Hi all,
I recently purchased a 2005 Bigfoot 21RB but haven't taken delivery yet. So will be offering my 1995 Bigfoot B17CB for sale. I'll have the B17CB at the Bodega Bay rally, site 7, so, if interested, I would be happy to show it to you.
Thanks,
Phil
(530)320-8471
Old 03-29-2023, 02:46 PM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13
California
i just reserved site 27, 4/14-4/16. looks like there is at least one other site open for those days.
John LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 02:56 PM   #15

Name: John
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post

further to BigDan's post about interesting sights in the neighborhood:
North on hwy 101 before the bridge over the russian river take a left on goat rock rd. just before the road goes down to goat rock beach there's a place to park. if you look down a couple hundred yards there are a couple of tall rocks (labelled "sunset boulders" on google maps). on these rough rocks there are a lot of smooth spots that stop after 14' up. the hypothesis is those smooth spots are made by wholly mammoths, bison and other megafauna rubbing on them. (adult wholly mammoths' shoulders were approximately 14' high)
https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23566
John LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 05:36 PM   #16

Name: Tom
California
We made reservations last April but just remembered to join the group. We'll be in site 25 from April 13-17 with our 2019 Escape 5.0 TA.

My sister is Charlotte Manchester, attending with Charlie Janiel. This will be our first time camping together since we were kids--apart from a trip to the desert with our dune buggy. But that's another story.
Sonoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:52 PM   #17

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonoman View Post
We made reservations last April but just remembered to join the group. We'll be in site 25 from April 13-17 with our 2019 Escape 5.0 TA.

My sister is Charlotte Manchester, attending with Charlie Janiel. This will be our first time camping together since we were kids--apart from a trip to the desert with our dune buggy. But that's another story.

Great, I’ll add you to the list. We’ve enjoyed camping with Charlie & Charlotte a couple times. See you there.
Old 04-12-2023, 01:56 PM   #18

CA
WI dy this coming weekend

Forecasts have it as windy this weekend. Those who have been, how windy is too windy? Thanks, Nicole
Old 04-12-2023, 06:15 PM   #19

Name: Dutch
Trailer: Casita
California
Bodega Bay

Hiya,
A couple last minute additions! This is our first gathering. We thought we’d slip in incognito and observe before joining in. I guess it’s hard to be incognito in a Casita at an eggshell gathering. Paula spotted me in a jiffy.
My name’s Dutch, and my wife’s Weslynn. This is our backyard, as we live in Santa Rosa. We’re in the ‘03 Casita SD in site 38.
By the time we booked, we could only get the 12th and 13th (leaving the 14th) so we’ll probably miss some of you.

Cheers!
wesdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 07:56 PM   #20

Name: Dan
Trailer: In the market
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndubus View Post
Forecasts have it as windy this weekend. Those who have been, how windy is too windy? Thanks, Nicole
It can get very windy out there, as to this weekend who knows? The forecasts aren’t always that reliable here. I always check right before I go out if I care. But it should be clear and warm if conditions hold as they appear to, personally I find it boring when it’s perfectly still and idyllic.

Even then usually/often it’ll be still in the morning and start picking up more towards the afternoon.
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote