WA 2023, June 2-4: Washington State Gathering Taidnapam June 2-4 2023 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2022, 09:50 PM   #1

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
2023, June 2-4: Washington State Gathering Taidnapam June 2-4 2023

Washington State Gathering (WAG) will again be happening June 2-4 2023
Sign up when you can and as the date grows closer, more information will be coming. Now is the time to be on the lookout for red and black buffalo plaid attire as that is the official dress code for this gathering. Also, be thinking about unique name tags as it's important to know who you are and where you hail from. Again, more to come but in the meantime, be safe and keep healthy.
We generally school up in the newer campground section Sites 200-288.

Possum
Old 01-02-2023, 11:48 AM   #2

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 2002 Scamp 13' Std, Honda CRV
Washington
I have a reservation in site 203. This will be my first time attending this event or this park. Looking forward.
Shannon Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 03:16 PM   #3

Washington
Registry
Great, Shannon!! Pretty relaxed gathering and we always enjoy newcomers with their experiences and travel knowledge. Welcome.....
Old 01-02-2023, 09:09 PM   #4

Washington
How many people typically attend this event?
Old 01-03-2023, 08:07 AM   #5

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Booked Site #280, Thursday June 1 - Monday June 5. See you there!
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:10 AM   #6

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Thompson View Post
How many people typically attend this event?
"Ballpark figure," around 40 or so. Could be more, could be fewer, but around that many in years past.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:39 AM   #7

Name: Pam
Trailer: Escape
Washington
1st Timers-Tony & Pam site 245, June 1-4. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
PamR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 07:18 AM   #8

Name: Chris & Maureen
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
Maureen and I have booked site 277 Friday through Sunday. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new friends.
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:45 PM   #9

Washington
Registry
Update

Just bringing this back up to the top with some thoughts about the gathering the first weekend in June. I think we're probably ready to get back to the potluck event on Saturday evening and my thought was instead of leaving it totally up to chance we'd try the odd/even way......odd numbered campsites for a salad or main dish and even numbered campsites a dessert. Then when I looked at the signup sheet so far, there is only one (Greg) in an even site so I may have to re-think that method. That and the fact that I only have 5 campers on my list so far so our numbers are a little thin. As before, a campfire/hotdog roast on Friday night. There is still time to be looking around for buffalo plaid clothing to wear around the campground and to the campfires. Buffalo plaid is the official garb for this gathering so hats, shirts, jackets, socks etc. are encouraged. Also, don't forget your name tags this year. It's always helpful to know who you're talking to and where're you're from. Be creative. As always, your thoughts and ideas are always welcome.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:18 AM   #10

Washington
Registry
Looks like I'm gonna have to stop at the store in Morton and buy several cakes and pies unless we get some more "even" numbered site campers...

I'm thinking that there are some others out there who may have already booked for the event, but haven't posted here yet to let anyone know.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:02 PM   #11

Washington
For first timers -- can you post a schedule? It sounds like there are planned gathering nights/potlucks, and themes. Looking forward. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:42 AM   #12

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Thompson View Post
For first timers -- can you post a schedule? It sounds like there are planned gathering nights/potlucks, and themes. Looking forward. Thanks.
For those who arrive before the weekend, you're on your own to get set up, unwind and relax. Meals will be whatever you wish to make. You can still feel free to wander around the park, sight-see, and mingle with other "Buffalo Plaid" folks that arrive early. (Heck, even if they aren't a part of our group, most other campers don't bite either, so you can still talk with them if you wish.)

Well, except for the monsoon-like rainout we had almost the entire time we were there last year, (not the normal nice weather we usually enjoy,) we generally don't really have much of a schedule, per se. We were also on the tail end of the Covid crap last year, so there really wasn't a lot of our normal interactions going on. Hopefully, this year, with Covid in the rear view mirror, (and if we're lucky we'll have sunshine and warmer weather again for this year.) we shoudld have a lot more fun!

In years past, (and we will again this year,) have a Friday night group campfire "weenie roast" and a "beer exchange," {Craft Beer, not Crap Beer please!} Bring a "six pack" of some of your local craft brewer's beer to trade bottles with others and strike up a conversation. It's a fun event. Basically, it's an "ice breaker" mix and mingle, especially to welcome and meet new participants, and make them feel a bit easier if they've never been to the WAG before. Get to meet some old friends again who've done the WAG before, and also meet your new friends that you'll make while you're there.

On Saturday, we generally have a camp fire going again and a group "pot luck dinner" table set up. Again, we eat, drink and mingle, (bring a lawn chair too, as seating is usually quite limited around the fire pit,) which we'll also have again this year. Those with some musical talent usually bring an instrument to entertain, (or annoy,) depending on the level of their musical skills. (Face it, its just folks having fun around the campfire, but I'll just say that I doubt any of us will ever wind up on stage.) It's just campfire entertainment.

Other than that, most folks just wander around the park during the day with a water bottle, beer, or cocktail, and mingle with other members of the "Buffalo Plaid Brigade." Many that come to the WAG love to "tour" other trailers while walking or biking around the park. Sharing trailer tours, and talking about changes and mods they've done, etc. You might even find several changes or additions you may want to do to your own trailer.

Looking forward to meeting everyone again, old timers and newbies, and don't forget your "Buffalo Plaid" regalia, to readily show that you're a part of our group, and not just another camper that's not a part of our group. And don't forget to make yourself a name tag. Name tags are a big help, especially for us older folks.

All you need to put on your name tag is just your name, (or just your first name if you don't want to share too much personal info,) Your trailer, (make/model/year,) and where you hail from. You'll have fun!
Old 04-18-2023, 10:10 AM   #13

Washington
Registry
Thanks Greg, great review. This has always been more of a "gathering" rather than a "rally" and structure is limited with not a whole lot of rules. Just enjoy the down time in your homes away from home. I think we will attempt a gift exchange this year, sort of on the white elephant format with the camping theme in mind for the type of gift you should bring. Doesn't have to be fancy wrap job, a paper bag will suffice. Of course we are always at the mercy of the weather and as the date gets closer, plan on large tarps or pop-up shelters if you have them and it looks like they might be needed. We usually have enough firewood for the campfires but if you some extra lying around, bring it.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:12 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Taidnapam

We are going to come if health allows. Probably Thursday through Monday.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:13 PM   #15

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Taidnapam

Barb and Alan will be there in site 249 from the 29th to the 6th. We’d be happy to bring desserts (even though we’re “odd”) or whatever is needed. We missed the great flood of aught ’22 and can’t wait to see everyone! You’ll know us by our buffalo plaid.
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 10:23 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Attendance

Looks like there is going to be a very sparse attendance this year.

There also may be more here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=taid...org&bshm=ncc/1

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:10 AM   #17

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Looks like there is going to be a very sparse attendance this year.

There also may be more here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=taid...org&bshm=ncc/1
Besides being a link to a bunch of old outdated threads, it is mostly irrelevant crap. Who cares about "human poop bags", which have nothing to do with our event.
Old 05-21-2023, 10:08 AM   #18

Washington
Registry
I have 10 trailers on my list with 17 happy campers signed up so I think we'll do just fine and won't have to have two rows of chairs around the campfire! I have been re-thinking the odd even scenario for the potluck and think it would be best for everyone to bring "real food" of some sort whether it be a main dish or a salad. Desserts usually seem to appear out of nowhere and are rarely lacking in attendance so bring something simple to pass around. We'll take a look once everyone is settled in to see which site works best for the campfires and who volunteers as host. Keep in mind that we are always in need of a few extra sticks of firewood so if you have some, bring it along. Also, don't forget your name tags and buffalo plaid attire. Not to jinx things, but in looking ahead a little, the weather looks to be promising. Any suggestions for making this a great gathering are welcome so don't be shy. Looking forward to seeing you all.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:12 PM   #19

Name: Stephanie
Trailer: 2003 Casita
Washington
Hi everyone, being brand new to the site and our camper I am not real savvy on how to participate. The WAG gathering sounds like a fun way to dive into the fgrv experience. How can we sign up for the event? Thanks for the help.
Steph and Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 12:41 PM   #20

Washington
Registry
Great!! Get signed up at Tacoma Power https://tacomapower.goingtocamp.com/

We try to stay in the 200-288 part of the campground which is the newer section. I just checked and there are several sites still available. Some arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday but others get there early and stay until Monday avoiding weekend traffic. I guarantee you will find this group friendly and helpful to get you well on your way to successful camping experiences in the future. When you get signed up, let me know which site you're in so I can add you to the list.