NH 2023, May 18-21: 2023 Spring Fling in New England - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-22-2023, 04:49 AM   #41

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodentoy View Post
I just heard back from Steve and he's put me on site B10, looks like a nice spot from looking at the map. I'm looking forward to attending with my wife,Julie and our Lab, Odin.
That's great Steve got back to you, you can't find a more helpful bloke then my good buddy Steve.
I will be heading down to the campground in the next few weeks just to visit with some friends who are wintering in the cabins I had built there in years past.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 05:57 AM   #42

Name: William
Trailer: Escape 19
Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
That's great Steve got back to you, you can't find a more helpful bloke then my good buddy Steve.
I will be heading down to the campground in the next few weeks just to visit with some friends who are wintering in the cabins I had built there in years past.
Gerry
Was this previously your campground?
woodentoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:27 AM   #43

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
Gerry and Barb were more like a 'ring masters'. It was Gerry's show for the Spring Fling weekend even if it wasn't his name on the side of the circus tent. The Spring Fling appears to me to have had a second 'raison d'etre' as a soft-opening so that Gerry could make sure his work at de-winterizing the campground was up to snuff prior to peak camping.

Alan and Lorraine have graciously stepped in as hosts (hall monitors?) for the Spring Fling weekend as Gerry has stepped back from event hosting.
Old 01-23-2023, 05:11 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodentoy View Post
Was this previously your campground?
Oh no, it wasn't mine. I worked there as there resident builder and plumber and all around go too guy.
When I say I "had built" I meant physically built from digging the footings (y hand) and mixing the cement for the foundation right up to the steel on the roof. Back in my younger days!!!
Old 02-03-2023, 07:59 PM   #45

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Current Weather Conditions (2023-02-03)

Just saw this on the news: 100⁰ (F) wind chill on (nearby) Mt. Washington, NH.

I'm glad that I took the train ride on the Cog Railway when I was at the rally last year!!

And I hope that the weather in Tamworth improves SIGNIFICANTLY for this year's rally.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:56 PM   #46

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Temp here in eastern MA just dropped to -2ºF, and that's before the strong wind a-blowin'. Furnace in the house is having trouble keeping up. I don't reckon they're runnin' the cog rail in this kind of weather.

May will be warmer.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 05:04 AM   #47

Took a drive to the base of the mountain just on Thursday and they were running the snow cats with tourists up the mountain then.
The wind chill temp last night up there was reported on local news at -106 ( coldest ever recorded)
right now at 6:00 the wind is still howling and wind chill is -42 out there.
wife and I did go for our walk yesterday with temps down to 5 above with no wind but I think today we may not go.
I do have a boiler with baseboard along the walls but I don't use it. I burn wood in a wood furnace and blow the hot air up to the living space, but walking on the floor on the north side of house was scary so I did turn the boiler on just to makes sure the pipes didn't freeze.
All was OK.
Warmer days ahead ....
Gerry
Old 02-04-2023, 05:08 AM   #48

Just heard that there are only a few sites that still can be reserved for the Rally so anyone wanting to go Call ASAP.
Reservations are done through Chocorua Camping Village (603) 323-8536. Or Call KOA direct at (888) 237- 8642. Registration through the KOA online system does not guarantee you site near our group.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:46 AM   #49

Massachusetts
-14F (-25C) actual temperature this morning here. I spent it working on a recently bought 'toy' in the attached, but unheated, garage. Temp in the garage was +1F (-17C). Multiple layers and no wind made it tolerable.
For a while.

We did over-ride the overnight heat set-back to keep the interior a bit warmer and baseboard water circulating more often. Also opened the kitchen cabinets to permit more of that warm air to reach the north wall where the heating pipes run up to the 2nd floor. Will do the same tonight.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:18 AM   #50

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
2023 Springfling NH Rally update

Greetings,
Just checking in to let folks know we are pretty full or will be soon so if you have not reserved a site I would not wait you can go to https://springflingne.org/registration for all the details.we have a full schedule this year and have added a few new activities-so after you find your site please come to site #36 (Jane and John) or site#38 (Alan and Lorraine) and check in and get your welcome pkt. Let us know if you have questions or you can email me direct at nhboomers@gmail.com

thanks everyone

John and Jane (Nhboomers)
Old 02-19-2023, 05:39 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Greetings,
Just checking in to let folks know we are pretty full or will be soon so if you have not reserved a site I would not wait you can go to https://springflingne.org/registration for all the details.we have a full schedule this year and have added a few new activities-so after you find your site please come to site #36 (Jane and John) or site#38 (Alan and Lorraine) and check in and get your welcome pkt. Let us know if you have questions or you can email me direct at nhboomers@gmail.com

thanks everyone

John and Jane (Nhboomers)
Thanks John and Jane for posting this link to the Spring Fling site and the updates for the 2023 Rally sound good. Won't be long now. I am just looking at the snow banks, still quite high, start to dwindle. Hope to be able to get my trailer into the front yard by mid April without too much snow removal.
We still going to have the dinner a Pot Luck affair?
Gerry
Old 02-23-2023, 09:21 AM   #52

Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Newbi here, just signed up today. We picked up a Casita LD a few months ago and are still deciding on a tow vehicle. I was lurking and saw this post months ago. Really wanted to go and walk around checking out mods, TV and talking.

But we will have to wait for another gathering our son is getting married the next weekend and we will be a little occupied.

Being from NYC area i had no ida about NH, well did I get a lesson. Winter camping at Barnes Field around 2005 then backpacking some of the Presidentials with my nephew turned me on. Bad knees has changed that a bit.

I'll keep my eyes open for other gatherings and get togethers. For now, I keep picking up some goodies for our unnamed Casita. I think once we start travelling the name will come to us. My hiking name is coldfeet, yep.
Best to all, David
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:06 AM   #53

New Hampshire
Springflingne Rally Update

Greetings,

So I just heard from Bob the GM at the campground and we now have 52 sites book!! a record for the rally but we may not be able to take any other reservations due to lack of space so I want to thank you all for signing up. I will be positing the updated schedule soon both here and it will be updated on our website soon at http://www.springflingne.org Let me know if you have questions you can email me nhboomers (at) gmail.com

thanks!!!

Jane and John-Nhboomers
Old 02-23-2023, 10:09 AM   #54

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Newbi here, just signed up today. We picked up a Casita LD a few months ago and are still deciding on a tow vehicle. I was lurking and saw this post months ago. Really wanted to go and walk around checking out mods, TV and talking.

But we will have to wait for another gathering our son is getting married the next weekend and we will be a little occupied.

Being from NYC area i had no ida about NH, well did I get a lesson. Winter camping at Barnes Field around 2005 then backpacking some of the Presidentials with my nephew turned me on. Bad knees has changed that a bit.

I'll keep my eyes open for other gatherings and get togethers. For now, I keep picking up some goodies for our unnamed Casita. I think once we start travelling the name will come to us. My hiking name is coldfeet, yep.
Best to all, David

welcome to the hobby David, have fun with you yet to be named Casita, you will meet allot of great new friends...enjoy
Old 02-23-2023, 11:07 AM   #55

New York
Thanks NH-Boomers,

Wow 52 sites!
This is feeling tough already. Hmmmm, maybe?
I wonder if I could sneak away for a bit without my wife noticing I’m gone. 🤔
I think it will be tough to catch a plane without her finding out.
I just scrolled through pictures from previous years.
Looking forward to seeing the 2023 batch and hope to be included in the 2024 batch.

Side question, are there any Foliage gatherings going on in the NE October times?
Best health to all
David
Old 02-23-2023, 06:37 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Thanks NH-Boomers,

Wow 52 sites!
This is feeling tough already. Hmmmm, maybe?
I wonder if I could sneak away for a bit without my wife noticing I’m gone. 🤔
I think it will be tough to catch a plane without her finding out.
I just scrolled through pictures from previous years.
Looking forward to seeing the 2023 batch and hope to be included in the 2024 batch.

Side question, are there any Foliage gatherings going on in the NE October times?
Best health to all
David
hi Dave, welcome to the group... I just sent you a private message and you can write back with any questions.
Hope to see you
Gerry
Old 02-23-2023, 07:34 PM   #57

New York
Thank you Gerry, I just wrote a HUGE story back to you but because I'm a newbi it won't go through until I pass the audition! Hahah, I think Ringo said that after their song.

Basically it was about paddling third Roach this past summer, third Machias was to windy. Paddled Moose river, no moose but HUGE logging trucks showing us they were in charge.

Love your state but I'll stay away during your Black Fly time of year,, ouch!

Best wishes, David
Old 02-24-2023, 07:38 AM   #58

Massachusetts
I might be tempting fate, but I don't have recollection of the "Maine State Bird" having been any issue during these early spring events.
Old 02-24-2023, 06:27 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon MB View Post
I might be tempting fate, but I don't have recollection of the "Maine State Bird" having been any issue during these early spring events.
Your right Jon, it is a little early for Black Fly season when the rally is going on. Dave was responding to a private message I had sent to him. He is a newbie and maybe he hasn't figured out how to message me back.

To early for Black flies in May!!!
Old 02-25-2023, 11:37 AM   #60

New York
Sorry folks, tried to send private message but since I'm a newbi the system won't allow me until I'm up in good standings with others.

Side note, still looking at tow vehicles, Costco parking lot has an array of different vehicles. I was parked near a Ford Ranger, not to sure of the year but it was tiny, then a hugh F150 Double Duty (?) passed me with canoe racks on top, that caught my eye. Plus a GMC Canyon, boy did I hear a ton of complaints about how the seats feel in the Colorado, my gosh it's making something easy difficult. I'm still a year away for now anyway but have that itch.

Be safe with the weather everyone.
David