AL 2024, March 11-18: Cracked eggs and Spam Gunter Hill gathering in March - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2024, 03:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
2024, March 11-18: Cracked eggs and Spam Gunter Hill gathering in March

Anyone that wants to come to the gathering the week ending with St Patricks day seems as good as any.
I don't see that anyone created a post for the annual gathering that "Shorty" started about 12 years ago. It used to be called the "Green Eggs and Ham" rally, but since nobody has taken over the reins of hosting, it is now simply a gathering of fiberglass friends each March that includes St Patrick's day.

It appears several folks have mentioned on last years 2023 post that they are coming this year, and I know that I have reservations from 11-18 March.

Catoma loop is the most modernized, with concrete drives and full hookups. It was also the preferred loop during rally days as most of the events happened at the pavilion.

Antioch loop is more "rustic" and requires either driving to the Catoma loop, or a good bike ride/walk.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:47 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We'll be there, as well as a bunch more. Looking forward to it, for sure. Thanks for the update.
Jimmy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:28 AM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
LA
We'll be in site number 13 in Catoma Loop March 13-16.

It was really enjoyable last year, we made a day trip to historic Prattville and did some bike riding around the park on our tandem bicycle including a short lap on the stock car racetrack nearby ( we got caught and run out!)

We met so many new fiberglass friends over there.
Attached Thumbnails
gunterhill.jpg   IMG_3152 (002).jpg  

daveandalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:34 PM   #4

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
ng Monday, March 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandalice View Post
We'll be in site number 13 in Catoma Loop March 13-16.

It was really enjoyable last year, we made a day trip to historic Prattville and did some bike riding around the park on our tandem bicycle including a short lap on the stock car racetrack nearby ( we got caught and run out!)

We met so many new fiberglass friends over there.
A couple of folks have posted entries to the end of the 2023 rally for the 2024 rally.

I will be on site 45 arriving on Thursday, March 14; departing Monday, March 18.

No trip to Prattville is complete without lunch at Uncle Mick's Cajun Cafe!!
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 01:11 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita
Alabama
Coming up from Dothan .Looking fwd to seeing you guys.
StevenMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 02:27 PM   #6

Name: Matt
Trailer: 2015 Casita Independence -Sold- Escape 5.0 TA -Deluxe
Texas
We have not attended this rally, but would love to, and will be traveling from Palacios, TX. Are there any tips about experienced folks can impart on us? Thanks, Pat and Matt
steveanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 12:38 PM   #7

Name: Ray
Trailer: Yellow Winnebago
Kentucky
We don't get around like we used to but plan to be on 74 in the school bus. (yellow Winnebago) Don't have a Casita anymore.
RGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:26 AM   #8

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveanson View Post
We have not attended this rally, but would love to, and will be traveling from Palacios, TX. Are there any tips about experienced folks can impart on us? Thanks, Pat and Matt
Not really a rally anymore, but more of a gathering of friends and newcomers. Impromptu events as we go along. Lots of people bring musical instruments and gather for jam sessions if you like doing that.
Downtown Montgomery and Prattville are nearby for any shopping and/or eating.
If you prefer the backroads, we have taken the backroads North of Houston often to stay off I-10. When you cross at Natchez, MS, you can jump on the Natchez Trace parkway. There is even a free NPS campground (Rocky Springs) on the Natchez Trace that we have stayed at, very basic. Nice relaxing drive.
Coincidentally, when I leave Gunter Hill, I'll be passing just North of Palacios on hwy 59 on my way to South Texas.
Attached Thumbnails
rocky springs.JPG   TX.JPG  

radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:44 AM   #9

Just a bump. time is getting close.
Old 03-02-2024, 03:23 PM   #10

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveanson View Post

Take your time and drive safely.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:39 PM   #11

Name: Philip
Louisiana
Something unexpected has forced my cancelation. Site 027 in the Catoma Loop is now available.
Old 03-03-2024, 12:57 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg White View Post
Something unexpected has forced my cancelation. Site 027 in the Catoma Loop is now available.
Wow. It went fast. Had a friend try for it 10 minutes after your post, and it was gone.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:35 PM   #13

Name: Philip
Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy J View Post
Wow. It went fast. Had a friend try for it 10 minutes after your post, and it was gone.
Jimmy,
I’m sorry it did not work out for your friend, but am glad I cancelled early enough for someone else to be able to enjoy the site.

Philip
Old 03-04-2024, 09:24 PM   #14

Name: Dave
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Ontario
Escape Trailers at Gunter Hill

Hi everyone!

We were hoping our timing would have worked out to join the rally; unfortunately we are on our way south for other reservations. Our stay at Gunter Hill CG (march 3-6) is awesome! What a great campground. We are on lot 40 in Catoma Loop. We hope to join a rally in the future.

We travel with a 19’ Escape Trailer (shown in the picture). Luckily my parents are meeting us in the south. They will be here on the 11/12 with their Escape 21c!

If anyone is interested we started a little YouTube channel with tours of 4 fiberglass trailers that have been in the family as well as our travels.

http://https://www.youtube.com/@md.adventures

Before our Escape we had a 2022 Casita 17’ Independence Deluxe that we purchased new last year and before that we had a 1976 Trillium 1300.

We already see 3 casitas in the park. There is a 13’ Casita I am particularly fond of!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2703.jpg  
DavePeterL is offline   Reply With Quote