NH 2024, May 18-21: Springfling New England 2024 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2023, 10:34 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
2024, May 18-21: Springfling New England 2024

Another rally on the books and we have our dates for 2024 https://springflingne.org/registration there are a couple of waterfront sites open but they won’t last long …. So please call Chocorua KOA soon [emoji3]
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 10:46 AM   #2
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
Hi, link says 2023. Or do I just click into KOA and tell them the 2024 date? Wife gonna question me while dining tonight before going to the Vatican and Almafi coast tomorrow. But I’m itching to get ready for tripping next year. Thanks
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:22 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Hi, link says 2023. Or do I just click into KOA and tell them the 2024 date? Wife gonna question me while dining tonight before going to the Vatican and Almafi coast tomorrow. But I’m itching to get ready for tripping next year. Thanks


Hi David ,
Yes Alan will update the website later but if you call KOA it would be a perfect time I would not wait long, you can always cancel.

Thanks!
NHBoomers
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 03:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Posts: 108
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Hi David ,
Yes Alan will update the website later but if you call KOA it would be a perfect time I would not wait long, you can always cancel.

Thanks!
NHBoomers
You can also email and get it started (that is how I did it). Info@chocoruacamping.com. They will want to do the credit card part by phone. But you can set a convenient time (given the time difference).
Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
You can also email and get it started (that is how I did it). Info@chocoruacamping.com. They will want to do the credit card part by phone. But you can set a convenient time (given the time difference).
Turns out site 30 was open, so we booked it for next year! Not that B3 was bad, but we wanted to be on the water and closer to the action.

Thanks to NH-Boomers and everyone for a fine time at the Fling this past weekend.
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
Rally 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Turns out site 30 was open, so we booked it for next year! Not that B3 was bad, but we wanted to be on the water and closer to the action.

Thanks to NH-Boomers and everyone for a fine time at the Fling this past weekend.

Oh good! so glad you got a better location, the way they let everyone book a site in advance is a big help-thanks for helping us make this rally a success it takes a village as they say
See you next year


NHBoomers- Jane and John co-hosts with Alan and Lorraine
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
You can also email and get it started (that is how I did it). Info@chocoruacamping.com. They will want to do the credit card part by phone. But you can set a convenient time (given the time difference).

Thanks Sharon for that tip makes sense-see you next time!!


NHBoomers
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:03 AM   #8
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
Sitting in the train going into NYC I’m reading this thread. Suddenly I realize that I need to join!
Just registered and got my confirm!
Sound like I got the last water site.
Just don’t see the site # on the email.
I’ll check again and call.
Now to really research tow vehicle and get ready for next year! Coming up Friday - Sunday.
Appreciate all of your sharing tips.
David
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:11 AM   #9
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
Site 32!
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
Springfling 34

Hi David,
Oh thats great!!!! we are in site 36 look for the white bucket on the tree that says Springfling in big green letters-it even has a light lol. We look forward to meeting you!!


Jane and John "NHBoomers" co hosts with Alan and Lorraine in site 34
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 09:41 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
Springfling 34

Hi David,


Oh thats great!!!! we are in site 36 look for the white bucket on the tree that says Springfling in big green letters-it even has a light lol. We look forward to meeting you!! updates will be posted here and on: http://www.springflingne.org

Jane and John "NHBoomers" co hosts with Alan and Lorraine in site 34
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 01:29 PM   #12
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
Thanks J and J.
A bit of Deja Vu. Around 2005 I joined a hiking group and my first winter camp out was in NH Barnes Field.
Now my first egg gathering is once again in NH.

Our European trip was exhausting with our sons magical wedding near Barcelona. I did peek at some campers along the way and you tubed some Italy travel trailer camping.

Gas was app $1.70 a liter and that had me thinking about backpacking. Haha.

I sent the KOA camp map to my wife and family getting excited to begin our next chapter next year.
My wife replied back. “ what car are we using?” Hmmm, guess she hasn’t been listening to me the past 6 months about a pick up truck. All good.
Best to all.
David.
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:25 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Posts: 2,041
HI all, I can save you a step and give the contact info here for making reservations:
Can call the office at : 603-323-8536
Or KOA at: 888-237-8642
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:39 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
NH-Boomers's Avatar
 
Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
Posts: 112
Europe trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Thanks J and J.
A bit of Deja Vu. Around 2005 I joined a hiking group and my first winter camp out was in NH Barnes Field.
Now my first egg gathering is once again in NH.

Our European trip was exhausting with our sons magical wedding near Barcelona. I did peek at some campers along the way and you tubed some Italy travel trailer camping.

Gas was app $1.70 a liter and that had me thinking about backpacking. Haha.

I sent the KOA camp map to my wife and family getting excited to begin our next chapter next year.
My wife replied back. “ what car are we using?” Hmmm, guess she hasn’t been listening to me the past 6 months about a pick up truck. All good.
Best to all.
David.

David the trip to Spain sounds wonderful, we went there in 2016 and walked on part of the Camino it was amazing. You have plenty of time to get ready for Springfling 2024 I am happy you got a water site.


We love NH and I have lived here in the same county all of my life so far and after traveling all over the US I have not found another place I would want to live-have a great day!


Jane C -NHBoomers
__________________
NHBoomers Charlestown NH
Currently own 2024 Escape 21C
2017 Oliver Elite 2 twin
NH-Boomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 01:58 PM   #15
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
Hi Jane, wedding was magical. Just south of Barcelona. Before that we visited Italy I think for about 12 days. Jammed in almost everything that we could possibly handle. I was curious about RV’s out there and saw a lot full of them I think in the Florence area.
Silly me for looking at tow vehicles a few weeks ago. I keep saying to myself to stick with the plan. Start really looking around November. Enjoy the summer. David
Oh yea, I bought a Clam shelter. It’s on back order. But no rush. Just picking up some nik nacks and dreaming.
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:30 PM   #16
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
I finally picked up a tow vehicle, 2020 Ford f150 3.5 this week.
I'm totally nervous when the engine stops at the traffic lights and starts back up.
I know I can disable it but I'm overwhelmed right now with the dashboard, gps and my phone, and yes it's white, just like my wife wanted. Looking forward to meeting up, chatting and seeing our beautiful country.
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 01:31 PM   #17
Member
 
Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Posts: 53
Forgot to add, next step is researching the connection between both vehicles.
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 12:55 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Name: LouAnn
Trailer: 1972 American Boler
NY
Posts: 26
We’re definitely going!
Loubec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 05:04 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Posts: 1,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
I finally picked up a tow vehicle, 2020 Ford f150 3.5 this week.
I'm totally nervous when the engine stops at the traffic lights and starts back up.
I know I can disable it but I'm overwhelmed right now with the dashboard, gps and my phone, and yes it's white, just like my wife wanted. Looking forward to meeting up, chatting and seeing our beautiful country.
Nothing to worry about. Auto Stop does save a small amount of fuel. I have had an F-150 with this feature for years and it has functioned perfectly, no starter failures. However, if it annoys you, for $100 you can purchase a module online that remembers the on-off switch’s last position and keeps it as the default at startup. It plugs into the OBD-2 port.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 05:38 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Mr Lynn's Avatar
 
Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Nothing to worry about. Auto Stop does save a small amount of fuel. I have had an F-150 with this feature for years and it has functioned perfectly, no starter failures. However, if it annoys you, for $100 you can purchase a module online that remembers the on-off switch’s last position and keeps it as the default at startup. It plugs into the OBD-2 port.
The 2023 Subaru Outback we just got to replace my wife's 2007 has a button on the display screen that enables you to turn off the auto-stop/start function when you start your trip—or whenever you remember. Or you can get the mizmo that Carl recommends and not have to remember anything.
__________________
"The Molded Fiberglass Obsession"—From a Pickup Cap to a Casita

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FL | 2024, Jan 12-15: Florida Rally 2024 Sherritini Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) 0 01-17-2023 05:43 AM
NH | 2020, May 14-17: Spring Fling in New England for 2020 Gerry Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 207 09-09-2020 05:39 PM
NH | 2019, May 16-20: 2019 Spring Fling in New England Gerry Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 127 05-20-2019 03:31 AM
NH | 2018, May 17-20: Spring Fling in New England, in Chocorua NH Gerry Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 116 06-24-2018 05:17 PM
NH | 2017, May 11-14: Spring Fling New England Rally Gerry Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 127 05-19-2017 06:28 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.