IL 4B’s Illinois - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #1

Name: the menace
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
4B’s Illinois

Just spoke to the COE office at Lake Shelbyville. They said that the COE campgrounds on Lake Shelbyville are ready when given the word. Gate keepers are present maintenance is done they’re ready to open but not yet. Hopefully will be open for our rally. If they do not open you will automatically get your refund with no fees. If you cancel before there will be a small fee involved. So let’s wait and see what happens. Hope to see you then, Judy and Dennis.
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:33 AM   #2

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
We are planning on being there starting Monday 6/1 when things are opening again. Driving straight through from VA to get there. We actually have a 5/31 reservation as well for there but will skip that day to avoid travel before 6/1. REALLY looking forward to it!!!! Social distance with masks or not! Gotta get out of the house as we are going stir crazy.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:32 PM   #3

Central Virginia
Recreation.gov sent me an email today cancelling my 5/31 reservation day. The email went on to say the park is closed through 5/31 and will be OPEN 6/1. My reservation for 6/1 still stands as well as 6/2,3,4,5,6,7 per Recreation.gov. That works perfectly for my current plan - I did not have to call and cancel the 5/31 as they gave a full refund. Things are LOOKING UP!!! I can hardly wait!
Old 05-19-2020, 02:53 PM   #4

We cancelled our reservation today via the Bo Woods office without any cancellation fees. The person I spoke to said they are ready to go but still didn't have any idea if or when the campgrounds would open.

Hopefully we will see you all next year! Be safe and be well!
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:56 AM   #5

Central Virginia
Things are still looking up! I went to the website and it shows sites available still in the rally camping loop area starting on June 1 and they are able to be reserved. We got the trailer all loaded up, hitched up, state inspected, checked and will be dewinterizing tomorrow, filling the fresh tank, water heater tank, etc... I got this email this morning further indicating everything is a GO for June 1 and beyond ---------" We hope the anticipation is building as you prepare for your trip to FORREST W. BO WOOD on Mon, Jun 1, 2020 and thought we'd reach out with a friendly reminder and some tips for your upcoming reservation.

As you're going through final preparations, please take a moment to ensure you pack a few must have items - your reservation confirmation and any permits, passes, or tickets for your trip. It is important that you have all necessary entry documents and the details from your reservation confirmation at the ready when you arrive.

If you haven't done so already, we also encourage you to review the need to know information and change or cancellation policies in you reservation confirmation email and on the FORREST W. BO WOOD page on Recreation.gov. This will provide you with helpful tips and details to get the most out of your experience. "
Old 05-25-2020, 07:28 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Sounds promising! Looking forward to a safe first trip of the summer.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 07:25 AM   #7

Illinois
Looks like our campground will be open for our rally next week. Let’s all be safe and practice social distances around the campfire and at meals and please, everyone wear a mask not so much to protect you but to protect everyone else. Be safe and let’s have some fun next weekend that’s the sixth seventh of June.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:31 AM   #8

Central Virginia
WOOT! WOOT! We will be there on JUNE 1 site 66 at 8PM! through the following weekend. I will bring extra masks. SOOOO excited! Cannot wait! I REALLY need to get out as we have been holed up for months.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:46 AM   #9

Indiana
Registry
Looks like Sister and I will be there after all. We should have been going to Agility Nationals that weekend but that was rescheduled, so we get to come camping. Site 54
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #10

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen K. View Post
Looks like Sister and I will be there after all. We should have been going to Agility Nationals that weekend but that was rescheduled, so we get to come camping. Site 54
Just knowing that you two will be there has me thinking?

Well and everyone else too,it has been too long!

And I can't believe that Sharon lets you talk about her in the Agility Trials so openly like that!?
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #11

Central Virginia
Ed - are you bringing the Fiberstream? I really want to see it! - B
Old 05-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #12

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Ed - are you bringing the Fiberstream? I really want to see it! - B
Sorry not a chance at this time.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:54 AM   #13

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
Bo Woods

Hi everyone, this is Maureen. It's looking pretty good for the rally. Come on Illinois give us the go ahead!

I am booked on Site 52 with arrival Thursday June 4th, till Monday. Looks like Karen and sister will close neighbors.

Ed Harris, if you are going to be there in person I will thank you for your thoughtful words. They were really appreciated. If not, thank you again. Rich is missed around the campfire and of course it goes the same for Steve.

Hope we will see each other next week. Safe travels
Rich Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:32 AM   #14

Indiana
Registry
Ed, Ed, Ed...... Dog Agility!!! We would love to see you.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0863.jpg  
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:17 AM   #15

Minor logistics question...the campground website says check-in is 5 p.m. That seems late for setup. Are we able to arrive and check-in earlier? We were hoping to get there around 3 p.m. so we're setup before dinner.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:38 AM   #16

Illinois
Campground is open! Already lots of campers. Looking forward to our get together next weekend. Bring your mask and practice 6 feet distance and let’s have some fun!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	135058Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	415.1 KB
ID:	135058
Old 05-30-2020, 07:01 AM   #17

In a nutshell, what's the basic schedule of possible events still on for next weekend? Thanks!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #18

Illinois
Because of the virus there’s no real schedule as the little theater has canceled the season and the Amish are reluctant to have outsiders in their homes. We will have campfires and potlucks and practice social distancing and hopefully wearing masks. Definitely good to see everybody and all that great food!
Old 06-01-2020, 05:57 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Menace View Post
We will have campfires and potlucks and practice social distancing and hopefully wearing masks.

I guess you haven't seen the video demonstrating how food and utensils are contaminated in minutes during a small dinner party. They used a black light to show the problem visually.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #20

Central Virginia
We got here 6pm. Park is open. Bath house is open. Very nice park. Site 66. Come early and say hi. Lots of open sites.