CA April Fools Rally April 8th - 12th, 2021 Bodega Bay, California - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2021, 03:14 PM   #21

Name: Royce
Trailer: Casita
Santa Rosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
anyone going to this know how to fix propane fridges? the big dometic in my Escape 21 is acting up and won't start on gas (it has an automatic starter), its working fine on 120VAC. gotta move all our food into a big cooler and ice it
I've not yet had to fuss my my 6cu ft Dometic yet, but I've read that the burner orifice will frequently get clogged and a good cleaning may fix this problem.

Also, though you probably know this already, if the trailer has been stored for a while, it may take a few (up to 5?) for the gas lines to purge themselves of air.

Do you hear the telltale clicking of the igniter as it tries to light? Have you confirmed gas in the lines by lighting the stove?

Good luck!

Royce
Juggledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
i ran the furnace, which is right next ot the fridge, for 10 minutes or so. I hear a single 'click' that sounds more like a solenoid than an igniter.

when I get to Bodega I'll see if I can take the burner cover off and see whats going on. all our food fit in our big cooler w/ 20 lbs of ice, so we're good to go, now im just waiting for my wife, 2 hours later tan I wanted to leave a the latest (target was noon, slop time was 1am).
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #23

Name: Royce
Trailer: Casita
Santa Rosa
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
i ran the furnace, which is right next ot the fridge, for 10 minutes or so. I hear a single 'click' that sounds more like a solenoid than an igniter.

when I get to Bodega I'll see if I can take the burner cover off and see whats going on. all our food fit in our big cooler w/ 20 lbs of ice, so we're good to go, now im just waiting for my wife, 2 hours later tan I wanted to leave a the latest (target was noon, slop time was 1am).
Still waiting for my wife too! (to get off work in about an hour) That said, we only have a 45 min drive ;-)

Royce
Juggledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:50 AM   #24

Mid Left Coast
Well, I took the cover off, had my wife pushing the reset button, and saw spark. But no flame. Didn't see any curst on the orifice
Old 04-09-2021, 09:36 PM   #25

Name: becca
Trailer: 1972 trail mite
California
bummer I'm hitting westside in a few weeks! was hoping to hook up with a few egg owners close in N Ca..;(
tinkandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #26

Mid Left Coast
FYI we're here at Westside and it has been windy as hell since we got here Thursday evening.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:20 AM   #27

California
ah yes Jenner is very windy this time of year. button down the hatches!
Sept Oct is calmer with afternoon fog to help cool off very different from Santa Cruz
Old 04-10-2021, 03:32 PM   #28

Mid Left Coast
Jenner is up the coast. Westside Campground is on Bodega Head, across the harbor from the townlet of Bodega Bay.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:20 PM   #29

California
yes thank you was looking at my travel map, Bodega is so close.I traveled to Sonoma today and saw two what looked like bolers traveling east on hiway37 was that anyone on this site?
Old 04-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #30
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
April Fools Gathering, Bodega Bay, California pictures

For all those who attended, thank you!
We had a great time!

Photos are posted on RVillage

https://www.rvillage.com/group/2775/...t-casita-scamp

Enjoy!
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:03 PM   #31

California
really bummed out I missed this meet up, I live so close and headed out to westside 25th ;(. new to the group AND my little trial mite
still staying close to home until I get more courage!
love the posts thank you all!
Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 PM   #32
tua

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkandi View Post
yes thank you was looking at my travel map, Bodega is so close.I traveled to Sonoma today and saw two what looked like bolers traveling east on hiway37 was that anyone on this site?
Probably. Several of us were in a row coming in.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:20 PM   #33
tua

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkandi View Post
really bummed out I missed this meet up, I live so close and headed out to westside 25th ;(. new to the group AND my little trial mite
still staying close to home until I get more courage!
love the posts thank you all!
There is always next year!
Old 04-17-2021, 10:52 PM   #34

Mid Left Coast
Geez, I was there Thursday-Monday, and I don't even remember seeing a Boler. Bunch of Casitas, Bunch of Scamps, a number of Escapes, and one Happier Camper. But we were way down in the north end of the campground, surrounded by Sun Blockers who ran their generators 12 hours a day, eeeek, and I didn't do the rounds socializing that much, the afternoon winds, especially on Friday, just took the fun out of it.

Tags
rally