OR New Oregon State Park Fees - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 06:14 PM   #41

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Add Arkansas to the list. Florida offers a 50% senior discount, to Florida residents only. So as a senior from North Carolina I pay full rate.

TN gives all state residents a discount so non-residents pay more.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:53 PM   #42
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
States Where Non-Residents Pay More To Camp in State Parks

Thanks Thrifty!

Adding to the list of states that charge non-residents extra fees at state campgrounds:

Arkansas
Florida (50% senior discount to Florida residents only)
Michigan
Montana
New York
Oregon
Tennessee (All state residents get a discount, non-residents pay full price)
Washington
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Old 09-20-2020, 06:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
This new "tax" would have cost me an additional $560 for the month of November. I had planned on staying in four different state parks for 14 nights each. multiply that times 10 bucks and that equals $560 extra.
Well I just made other plans I am going to totally bypass Oregon, a state which I've always considered my second home with my family ties there. I'm not going to standby and let them charge me to come spend my money in their state. I've given them enough money over the years. I left California (my home state) recently do to overtaxing and the Poliitical climate. Sad to say Oregon is now in the same boat.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 09-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #44

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
If you don't like State Parks charging more for non-residents don't stay in them. It's been years several since I've stayed in a State Park. There's too many other choices to obsess abut State Park fees. You might try US FOREST SERVICE, COE, BLM parks. A few county parks are cheaper.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:54 AM   #45

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
FWIW in New Mexico, out of state residents pay $225 and get free admittance, plus free dry camping, and only $4 a day for electric and water. It is $180 for residents and only $100 for residents over 62. Currently, New Mexico State Parks are closed to all non-residents.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #46

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Just one more quick thought here...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Enjoy IMG_1648.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	137643

...said no one ever.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:22 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I've never said i enjoy paying taxes, but I've never complained either. I like having roads to drive on, hospitals, school for my kid.
I also have never thought that politicians are only in it for themselves. As a news photographer, I earned a lot of overtime covering politicians who had to sit through meetings to the early hours listening to stupid people, with stupid ideas, talk on and on. And, then early the next morning, they had to attend a breakfast prayer group meeting. At least I was earning overtime.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:24 PM   #48

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
[QUOTE=gretchens;790406]Just made a reservation at an Oregon state park. Normal price $17.00. Out of state + $5.00, reservation fee +$8.00, total $30.00. Still less expensive than camping in a Washington state park.[/QUOTE

It varies for camping fees in WA state. For instance as a senior retired with an income below 40k for a single person, more generous for married couples. I get a 50% discount on the camping fees but not on the reservation fees.

On September 16th the rates for camping price rates dropped down as it became what they call the Shoulder Season. On October 1st the rates go down even loser until the spring shoulder season begins.

In the off season which begins in just a couple of days on Octorber 1st with my senior lower income pass I can camp all winter for a one time fee of $75.00 with a maximum stay of 20 days out of that month in each place I visit. If I want electric it is an additional $10.00 a day. However I do still have to pay the full fees for the online reservation system.

There are a few of the most popular WA state parks which stick with the shoulder season rates for the whole winter.

Not all the WA state parks stay open in the winter. Some that do stay open close off the sections of the campground that tend to get too muddy. Most of the time the water will be shut off by November 1st for the winter but often you can get water at the main area. So basically the sites will either have no utilities or only partial utilities meaning very likely only electric in the winter months at the sites that are rated as having utilities.

But this coming last week of September 2020 is supposed to be a sunny one in much of WA state so get out there and enjoy it!!!
Old 12-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #49
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New information on oregon state parks -open for public comment

PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD OPENS FOR PROPOSAL TO UPDATE RULES AFFECTING RESERVATIONS FOR OREGON STATE PARKS

News Release from Oregon Parks and Recreation Dept.
Posted on FlashAlert: December 1st, 2020 3:33 PM
Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) is accepting public comments on a proposed change to the Oregon Administrative Rule guiding reservations for Oregon State Parks. The proposed changes would affect transaction fees and the reservation window.

The unprecedented process of closing all parks and canceling reservations in response to COVID-19 exposed a need for increased flexibility in reservation rules to enable the agency to respond nimbly to changing conditions. OPRD closed all parks March 23, 2020, and reopened in phases, with many campgrounds reopening June 9, 2020.

Deb

The proposed change to OAR 736-015-0015 includes implementing a flexible range of $0-$15 for transaction fees to make, change or cancel a reservation. Currently, customers are charged an $8 transaction fee for each reservation.

The proposal would also add flexibility to the reservation window, allowing the agency to vary the window from same-day reservations up to 18 months in advance. Not all sites would be open during the entire window, and neither the maximum nor the minimum ends of the range would necessarily be made available at any given time. Currently the window is set from one day to nine months in advance across the system.

OPRD will accept public comments on the proposed change through 5 p.m. Jan. 15, 2021. Comments can be made online, in writing or via email:

Online: oregon.gov/oprd/PRP/Pages/PRP-rulemaking
In writing: Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, attn. Katie Gauthier, 725 Summer St NE, Suite C, Salem OR 97301
Email: OPRD.publiccomment@oregon.gov
At a virtual hearing set for 6 p.m. Jan. 7, 2021. Registration required at zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_l9v4YG05Q1-GeS9n_0nS9Q. Individuals who require special accommodations to view the meetings should contact Katie Gauthier at least three days in advance of the meeting at 503-510-9678 or katie.gauthier@oregon.gov.
The full text of the proposed change is available online at oregon.gov/oprd/PRP/Pages/PRP-rulemaking. After reviewing public comments, OPRD staff plan to present a final recommended rule for consideration by the Oregon State Parks and Recreation Commission at its February 2021 business meeting.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:16 PM   #50

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
If you don't like State Parks charging more for non-residents don't stay in them. It's been years several since I've stayed in a State Park. There's too many other choices to obsess abut State Park fees. You might try US FOREST SERVICE, COE, BLM parks. A few county parks are cheaper.
I’m with Byron / Wisconsin raised the cost of camping in a State Park to the point where our local KOA with full hookups is actually cheaper
We can camp for 4 nights in an Iowa State park for the same cost as one night in a Wisconsin SP
This Spring if the pandemic is under control we will be spending a week camping in Iowa . Iowa wants our business , Wisconsin doesn’t !!
Closed Thread