NH 2021, May 13-16: Spring Fling in New England for 2021 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2021, 10:11 AM   #81

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
The Spring Fling was great! Wonderful people, perfect weather, and lots of doggies for my Zoe to meet. Thanks so much Gerry for all the work you do to organize this event. It's really nice to have a rally up here in N.E. so we can see other fiberglass trailers and trade tips and tricks. I won window awnings for my Casita! Thank you so much for that!. They're beautiful. Now I just have to install them.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:25 AM   #82

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
So sorry we missed Spring Fling this year we are in Arizona spending time with family. We have already booked our site for 2022, glad you all had a great time. See you next year God willing ����
Old 05-19-2021, 05:27 PM   #83

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Nothing but great feedback from all you Spring Flingers and already thinking on 2022.
Some of you missed this year but we'll be seeing you next year.
Let's hope we can get back to the standard Pot-Luck dinner as I think some of the people didn't attend the dinner due to the food selection.
At least with Pot-Luck you can cook what you know you will eat.
Glad you all had a great time.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #84

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
So nice to meet everyone and thanks for all the hard work Jerry and Co!
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:27 AM   #85

It was nice to see you at the Rally Linda, wish things were more normal and we all could have had supper and the shine and show but all in all it was a good time.
Gerry
Old 05-21-2021, 08:31 AM   #86

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
It was awesome thanks for all your hard work.
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 06:05 PM   #87

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Got it!

Well, got "her". See post #73 in this thread for background.
The Casita is parked in the driveway between trips. The lawn tractor was parked next to it while I remedied a breakdown. This morning I smelled the distinct odor of rodent as I worked on the tractor. There was no odor when I worked on it yesterday afternoon. That's not a surprise as we have many critters around. After about 1/2 hour it dawned on me that the smell might be from the Casita less than 3 feet away.
In the same under seat storage in which I found the beginnings of that food cache or nest was the mouse in the jaws of death I had left set.
Now, I'm hoping it's the same critter both times, but recognize that the trace odor from weeks ago, weak enough that I couldn't detect, might well have enticed a more attuned member of that same species in. So I'm leaving the traps re-baited and at the ready.
Jon MB
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:03 AM   #88

hey Bonnie, hears hoping that you got the invader but maybe finding how they got in there, in the first place may be a good idea.
they make that "Great Stuff" that is rodent proof now and a mouse can fit through a hole about as big as your finger so get all little spots and fill them.
I found this job is easiest by crawling under the camper and looking up to see any holes around pipes.
Gerry
Old 07-22-2021, 07:19 AM   #89

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
two users, one shared account

I (Jon MB ) am quite confident that the entry point had been the electric cable outlet cover. The clearance between the 30 amp shore power cable and the pivoting 'dog door' within the larger cord access cover has, again, been closed off with painter's tape while the camper is plugged while parked at home. This had not been re-sealed between our last return until the demise of the intruder.
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:54 PM   #90

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie RB View Post
I (Jon MB ) am quite confident that the entry point had been the electric cable outlet cover. The clearance between the 30 amp shore power cable and the pivoting 'dog door' within the larger cord access cover has, again, been closed off with painter's tape while the camper is plugged while parked at home. This had not been re-sealed between our last return until the demise of the intruder.
I see you have a Casita, do you have the rubber seal that goes on the power cord to seal it to the hatch door. I've heard these may not fit the newer Casitas, but does fit our '96. You could make one from a piece of rubber. AP Products 008-644 Bugshield Hatch Door Seal. I think this hatch door is what you are referring to ??
Attached Thumbnails
054B854C-CB7D-4960-A0D1-579CAA5A00EF.jpg   545110E9-479B-48E9-9A6A-B487255A47AA.jpg  

mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #91

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Bug & Critter Guard for Electric Hatch Door

Hello Bonnie,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie RB View Post
I (Jon MB ) am quite confident that the entry point had been the electric cable outlet cover. The clearance between the 30 amp shore power cable and the pivoting 'dog door' within the larger cord access cover has, again, been closed off with painter's tape while the camper is plugged while parked at home. ...
I see you have a Casita, do you have the rubber seal that goes on the power cord to seal it to the hatch door. I've heard these may not fit the newer Casitas, but does fit our '96. You could make one from a piece of rubber. AP Products 008-644 Bugshield Hatch Door Seal. ...
Last year when I was departing a campground and getting ready to stow my electric cord, a mud dauber flew out of the compartment when I opened the door.

After I returned home, investigating for a solution to "close the gap" around the cord, I found the "Shore Power Bug Guard" on Little House Customs which appears to be the same item as the AP Products 008-644 Bugshield Hatch Door Seal.

Noting the caution on Little House Customs that the bug guard only fits cord openings that are 1¼" in width and that it doesn't fit cord openings that are 1½", I had to look for something else for my 2007 Casita Spirit Deluxe. Coming up short, I had to make my own.

After pivoting the hatch door shield up/away, I slip the my home made guard into place on the hatch door, position the cord in the opening and close the hatch door.
Attached Thumbnails
Electric Bug & Critter Guard.jpg  
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote