NH 2024, May 18-21: Springfling New England 2024 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2023, 10:34 AM   #1

Name: Jane and John
Trailer: 2024 Escape 21C
New Hampshire
2024, May 18-21: Springfling New England 2024

Another rally on the books and we have our dates for 2024 https://springflingne.org/registration there are a couple of waterfront sites open but they won’t last long …. So please call Chocorua KOA soon [emoji3]
Old 05-21-2023, 10:46 AM   #2

Name: David NY
Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
New York
Hi, link says 2023. Or do I just click into KOA and tell them the 2024 date? Wife gonna question me while dining tonight before going to the Vatican and Almafi coast tomorrow. But I’m itching to get ready for tripping next year. Thanks
David NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 11:22 AM   #3

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by David NY View Post
Hi, link says 2023. Or do I just click into KOA and tell them the 2024 date? Wife gonna question me while dining tonight before going to the Vatican and Almafi coast tomorrow. But I’m itching to get ready for tripping next year. Thanks

Hi David ,
Yes Alan will update the website later but if you call KOA it would be a perfect time I would not wait long, you can always cancel.

Thanks!
NHBoomers
Old 05-21-2023, 03:59 PM   #4

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH-Boomers View Post
Hi David ,
Yes Alan will update the website later but if you call KOA it would be a perfect time I would not wait long, you can always cancel.

Thanks!
NHBoomers
You can also email and get it started (that is how I did it). Info@chocoruacamping.com. They will want to do the credit card part by phone. But you can set a convenient time (given the time difference).
Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:46 PM   #5

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
You can also email and get it started (that is how I did it). Info@chocoruacamping.com. They will want to do the credit card part by phone. But you can set a convenient time (given the time difference).
Turns out site 30 was open, so we booked it for next year! Not that B3 was bad, but we wanted to be on the water and closer to the action.

Thanks to NH-Boomers and everyone for a fine time at the Fling this past weekend.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 03:46 AM   #6

New Hampshire
Rally 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
Turns out site 30 was open, so we booked it for next year! Not that B3 was bad, but we wanted to be on the water and closer to the action.

Thanks to NH-Boomers and everyone for a fine time at the Fling this past weekend.

Oh good! so glad you got a better location, the way they let everyone book a site in advance is a big help-thanks for helping us make this rally a success it takes a village as they say
See you next year

NHBoomers- Jane and John co-hosts with Alan and Lorraine
Old 05-23-2023, 03:48 AM   #7

New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post

Thanks Sharon for that tip makes sense-see you next time!!

NHBoomers
Old 06-04-2023, 09:03 AM   #8

New York
Sitting in the train going into NYC I’m reading this thread. Suddenly I realize that I need to join!
Just registered and got my confirm!
Sound like I got the last water site.
Just don’t see the site # on the email.
I’ll check again and call.
Now to really research tow vehicle and get ready for next year! Coming up Friday - Sunday.
Appreciate all of your sharing tips.
David
Old 06-04-2023, 09:11 AM   #9

New York
Site 32!
Old 06-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #10

New Hampshire
Springfling 34

Hi David,
Oh thats great!!!! we are in site 36 look for the white bucket on the tree that says Springfling in big green letters-it even has a light lol. We look forward to meeting you!!

Jane and John "NHBoomers" co hosts with Alan and Lorraine in site 34
Old 06-04-2023, 09:41 AM   #11

New Hampshire
Springfling 34

Hi David,

Oh thats great!!!! we are in site 36 look for the white bucket on the tree that says Springfling in big green letters-it even has a light lol. We look forward to meeting you!! updates will be posted here and on: http://www.springflingne.org

Jane and John "NHBoomers" co hosts with Alan and Lorraine in site 34
Old 06-04-2023, 01:29 PM   #12

New York
Thanks J and J.
A bit of Deja Vu. Around 2005 I joined a hiking group and my first winter camp out was in NH Barnes Field.
Now my first egg gathering is once again in NH.

Our European trip was exhausting with our sons magical wedding near Barcelona. I did peek at some campers along the way and you tubed some Italy travel trailer camping.

Gas was app $1.70 a liter and that had me thinking about backpacking. Haha.

I sent the KOA camp map to my wife and family getting excited to begin our next chapter next year.
My wife replied back. “ what car are we using?” Hmmm, guess she hasn’t been listening to me the past 6 months about a pick up truck. All good.
Best to all.
David.
Old 06-05-2023, 04:25 AM   #13

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
HI all, I can save you a step and give the contact info here for making reservations:
Can call the office at : 603-323-8536
Or KOA at: 888-237-8642
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:39 AM   #14

New Hampshire
Europe trip

Quote:
Thanks J and J.
A bit of Deja Vu. Around 2005 I joined a hiking group and my first winter camp out was in NH Barnes Field.
Now my first egg gathering is once again in NH.

Our European trip was exhausting with our sons magical wedding near Barcelona. I did peek at some campers along the way and you tubed some Italy travel trailer camping.

Gas was app $1.70 a liter and that had me thinking about backpacking. Haha.

I sent the KOA camp map to my wife and family getting excited to begin our next chapter next year.
My wife replied back. “ what car are we using?” Hmmm, guess she hasn’t been listening to me the past 6 months about a pick up truck. All good.
Best to all.
David.

David the trip to Spain sounds wonderful, we went there in 2016 and walked on part of the Camino it was amazing. You have plenty of time to get ready for Springfling 2024 I am happy you got a water site.

We love NH and I have lived here in the same county all of my life so far and after traveling all over the US I have not found another place I would want to live-have a great day!

Jane C -NHBoomers
Old 06-29-2023, 01:58 PM   #15

New York
Hi Jane, wedding was magical. Just south of Barcelona. Before that we visited Italy I think for about 12 days. Jammed in almost everything that we could possibly handle. I was curious about RV’s out there and saw a lot full of them I think in the Florence area.
Silly me for looking at tow vehicles a few weeks ago. I keep saying to myself to stick with the plan. Start really looking around November. Enjoy the summer. David
Oh yea, I bought a Clam shelter. It’s on back order. But no rush. Just picking up some nik nacks and dreaming.
Old 11-04-2023, 01:30 PM   #16

New York
I finally picked up a tow vehicle, 2020 Ford f150 3.5 this week.
I'm totally nervous when the engine stops at the traffic lights and starts back up.
I know I can disable it but I'm overwhelmed right now with the dashboard, gps and my phone, and yes it's white, just like my wife wanted. Looking forward to meeting up, chatting and seeing our beautiful country.
Old 11-04-2023, 01:31 PM   #17

New York
Forgot to add, next step is researching the connection between both vehicles.
Old 11-14-2023, 12:55 AM   #18

Name: LouAnn
Trailer: 1972 American Boler
NY
We’re definitely going!
Loubec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 05:04 AM   #19

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Quote:
I finally picked up a tow vehicle, 2020 Ford f150 3.5 this week.
I'm totally nervous when the engine stops at the traffic lights and starts back up.
I know I can disable it but I'm overwhelmed right now with the dashboard, gps and my phone, and yes it's white, just like my wife wanted. Looking forward to meeting up, chatting and seeing our beautiful country.
Nothing to worry about. Auto Stop does save a small amount of fuel. I have had an F-150 with this feature for years and it has functioned perfectly, no starter failures. However, if it annoys you, for $100 you can purchase a module online that remembers the on-off switch’s last position and keeps it as the default at startup. It plugs into the OBD-2 port.
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 05:38 PM   #20

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Nothing to worry about. Auto Stop does save a small amount of fuel. I have had an F-150 with this feature for years and it has functioned perfectly, no starter failures. However, if it annoys you, for $100 you can purchase a module online that remembers the on-off switch’s last position and keeps it as the default at startup. It plugs into the OBD-2 port.
The 2023 Subaru Outback we just got to replace my wife's 2007 has a button on the display screen that enables you to turn off the auto-stop/start function when you start your trip—or whenever you remember. Or you can get the mizmo that Carl recommends and not have to remember anything.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote