SD The Roost - Update on Rally Newsletter Subscriptions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-28-2019, 12:30 AM   #1

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
The Roost - Update on Rally Newsletter Subscriptions

Hey Y'all,
I just suspended all my Website accounts...
long story, but none-the-less, RV Compass is still producing the Google rally map and publishing the monthly rally newsletter, The Roost. If you haven't subscribed yet, go to our online form to sign up for free:

The Roost Mailing List

If you want the free monthly newsletter, make sure you check the box at the bottom of the form before submitting.

(There should be a "submit" button on the bottom of the form. It's been pointed out that some folks don't have the submit button on certain mobile phones. Please try another device if that's the case)
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 06:12 AM   #2

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Hey Y'all,
I just suspended all my Website accounts...
What does that mean?
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #3

NA
Hi Jim,
It means all of my Websites are inaccessible, and for an indefinite time.

I still can take new subscribers for The Roost through the above linked form, but everything else has been shut down as I pursue offline interests.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #4

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Hi Jim,
It means all of my Websites are inaccessible, and for an indefinite time.

I still can take new subscribers for The Roost through the above linked form, but everything else has been shut down as I pursue offline interests.
Got it.
Good luck!
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:11 AM   #5

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Jeanene,

We certainly wish you fair winds and joy in your new quest.

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:42 AM   #6

NA
Well Bravo for me for sitting on my butt in my trailer, overtime, for the last week to crash course learning the back end of WordPress and designing a new website.

I believe the bulk of it all good now. The link(s) in my signature have been redirected, and rvcompass.com is now automatically pointing to the new page.

In an attempt to make web browsers happy, I think I changed my site into a “secure” site without having to change http to https. Internet is almost as stupid as smart phones…give me a postal stamp and envelope please!

(I did more prosperous business this week with one mailed letter through USPS than all the online nonsense hours sitting on my arse.)

I swear the Internet design rules change quicker than our underwear, let alone campsites!

Now I need to get outside, talk to people and stretch my body…screw this computer stuff; time for fresh air and some old-fashioned physical work. Got leather gloves, a lighter and a fire pit that needs tending, Thank you very much.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:10 AM   #7

NA
Ball-Breakers

I swear the W3 is out to kill us old-school happy designers. If you can't edit the URL in your top bar, then type in rvcompass.com. It "should" redirect you to the new site's page.

I almost want to go back to my lovingly unsupported Adobe DreamWeaver CS3 for web design and ftping...but I'm attempting to jump off the cliff into WordPress...it's been a long, uphill adventure not having the control I'm used to.

Sorry folks, but we're being forced into having "secure" static pages, Otherwise, we're "not safe or to be trusted"...I'm going to stop here before my rant gets ugly. I just want a pretty and informative site for y'all.

The new site is there, just cut through all the W3 and auto generated BS to get to it. (try Firefox as a browser to edit URLs) I have issues with Safari and Vivaldi. Don't know about other browsers.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:24 AM   #8

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Every time you got something that works just fine...they come out with something that is "better and easier" HA! Bravo to you...
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:28 AM   #9

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Connections to rvcompass.com using Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge browsers

The problem exists in Google's Chrome browser, Mozilla's Firefox browser, the (old) Micro$oft Internet Explorer browser and the (new) Micro$oft Edge browser.

For those four browsers, if you manually type in "https://" with the link or if the embedded link (behind text in a web page) includes "https://" the result is that the web site can not be reached or that the connection times out. Chrome further includes this information: "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

If you manually type in "http://" or simply enter the web site name the web site responds. The same is true if an embedded text link includes "http://" or is simply the web site name without "https://".

Both Chrome and Firefox Firefox show an indication that the connection is "not secure". Neither Internet Explorer nor Edge provide that indication.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #10

NA
Thanks Larry. I sent you a PM about other forum issues I was running into.

Good News...It's finally all fixed now and I've changed the links in my signature again. I'M SECURE! (and who really cares but browser money makers?)

It took a few days, several phone calls and emails to tech support, and of course, is costing me another $100. a year for a stupid "s" after "http".

I have no idea how people can work full time in front of a computer for so long. My body is already paying for it after only a few weeks of staring into a screen. MUST GET OUT OF THE TRAILER.

I swear the Internet is becoming more complex and less free than it used to be!
Old 10-10-2020, 11:12 PM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Firefox

Quote:
I swear the W3 is out to kill us old-school happy designers. If you can't edit the URL in your top bar, then type in rvcompass.com. It "should" redirect you to the new site's page.

I almost want to go back to my lovingly unsupported Adobe DreamWeaver CS3 for web design and ftping...but I'm attempting to jump off the cliff into WordPress...it's been a long, uphill adventure not having the control I'm used to.

Sorry folks, but we're being forced into having "secure" static pages, Otherwise, we're "not safe or to be trusted"...I'm going to stop here before my rant gets ugly. I just want a pretty and informative site for y'all.

The new site is there, just cut through all the W3 and auto generated BS to get to it. (try Firefox as a browser to edit URLs) I have issues with Safari and Vivaldi. Don't know about other browsers.
I live on FireFox and I browse on DuckDuckGo. Hope you get it sorted out. Try producing your music now. I released four albums and still haven't figured out where the hell they are.

Tags
rally