SC Which Rally To Attend in October??? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: In The Market To Buy
Massachusetts
Which Rally To Attend in October???

I'm looking at two different fiberglass trailer rallies that I've found while surfing and I'm wondering which of the two listed most of you are going to since they are the same dates (October 22-25, 2020): Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA or Happy Holiday RV Village, Cherokee, NC. Thanks for your input in advance!
The Raskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I've done the Hungry Mother rally a couple of times, and if I can get out of NY, will do it again this year.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #3

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Several folks attend both rallys.

This will be the third time that I have participated in the rally at Hungry Mother State Park in VA (October 22-25) and it will be the first time that I’ve gone to the rally in Cherokee, NC (October 8-11).

Two great sources of information about rallys are FiberglassRV.com's forum list and the Fiberglass Trailer Rally Map that “Hidalga” publishes on Google.

Last year at Hungry Mother, a group of us did the Virginia Creaper bike trail and we had a GREAT dinner at the Harvest Table restaurant in nearby Meadowview, VA. My pictures are located here and Jon V. added his pictures here.

This year’s rallys have been somewhat muted by the COVID-19 virus. Many have been cancelled and those that haven’t have had a limited schedule of events.

If you’re still “in the market to buy” a travel trailer, you will find a variety of makes/models at both rallys. Join us for conversations, camaraderie, lessons learned, etc.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:12 AM   #4
sdb

Name: sdb
Trailer: Casita LD
Virginia
Thumbs up

We have gone to Hungry Mother for the last 2 years and are looking forward to the next one. We have met very nice and interesting people, learned a lot about eggs and generally had a great time. It will be great to get out in October. As Virginia residents making it there should not be a problem unless the virus spread gets a lot worse.
sdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
If you haven't spent much time on the Blue Ridge Parkway, then the Cherokee Rally is an excellent location to spend time on the Parkway. October is prime time for this end of the parkway, with leaf season.

Now I don't know whether the rally will be held or not. Lots of rallies being cancelled right now. Western NC corona situation is much better than Charlotte. But its subject to getting worse! And the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area is having corona problems (last I heard, I am not an expert).

What you rarely or never see on Corona is the # of active cases. My county, Haywood County NC, has a headline number of 192 cases. What you don't see is that 140 of those cases the patients have fully recovered. So we have 52 active cases right now. Still not ideal, but not 192 either.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:22 PM   #6

Name: Rosie
Trailer: currently shopping
Illinois
Please help.

We would like to attend the Hungry Mother Fiberglass Rally in October but we will not be be staying in the park. Because our tent broke and we are shopping for a fiberglass rv, we have reservations at a hotel nearby. We are ready to pay the admission fee for the state park but How do we know where to go for the rally activities? Is there a fee to attend the rally? We are very excited to meet and see the various fiberglass RVs. Thanks for any advice!
Rosie in Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:03 PM   #7

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
Fall Fiberglass Rally at Hungry Mother State Park, VA

Hello Rosie...

The best way to "sign up" for the rally is to post an entry on the FiberglassRV "forum" that WaltP started to announce the rally. Walt, who coordinates the rally, will then add you to his "lists" for the bike ride and/or the restaurant dinner (weather & COVID-19 permitting).

When you go there, you'll see that there are no fees to attend.

BTW, the park has yurts that are rent-able in the Burson campground that might be more convenient for you compared to staying in a nearby hotel.

Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks!
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 01:37 PM   #8
sdb

Name: sdb
Trailer: Casita LD
Virginia
Here is the link to the rally information for 2020

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...her-90905.html

Walt is the organizer and can answer any questions you don't see answered on the forum. Hope to see you there.
sdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally