A new hate veggie you pick - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 1985 13 ft Burro
Thumbs up A new hate veggie you pick

Pan Steamed Veggies. 1 quarter cup extra virgin olive oil.2 tsp chopped garlic 1 anchovy fillet[ note, we used anchove paste.][or 1and1 half tsp capers or 1 and 1half tsp tapenade], 1and 1 half lbs trimmed veggies. Choose one. [CAULIFLOWER,BROCCOLI,BROCCOLETTI, ROMANESCO, GREEN BEANS].1 HALF cup water,1 tsp salt, cracked pepper to taste. Heat oil, and anchovy,2-3 min till fillet is dissolved. Next,raise heat to high. add veggies,water and salt. cover cook 8-12 minutes or until water is evaporated. Next, season to taste with pepper.Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, grated cheese or pepper flakes. JUST TRY IT.We used anchove paste. This is the first time I really liked cauliflower.
Al POGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
1 quarter cup extra virgin olive oil -- OK, olive is a vegetable...
2 tsp chopped garlic -- also a non-animal product...
1 anchovy fillet: note, we used anchovy paste -- Ah Ha! ANIMAL! Of the fish variety...
or 1 and 1 half tsp capers -- OK, that is a plant, but is it pickled clover buds or what?
or 1 and 1 half tsp tapenade -- Dag-nabbit! Is that like Boullabaise or Remoulade? I mean, would you Western New Yorkers translate this into Canadian? Or Vegetesbian?

Thank you, eh.

1and 1 half lbs trimmed veggies. Choose one. [CAULIFLOWER,BROCCOLI,BROCCOLETTI, ROMANESCO, GREEN BEANS].1 HALF cup water,1 tsp salt, cracked pepper to taste. Heat oil, and anchovy,2-3 min till fillet is dissolved. Next,raise heat to high. add veggies,water and salt. cover cook 8-12 minutes or until water is evaporated. Next, season to taste with pepper.Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, grated cheese or pepper flakes. JUST TRY IT.We used anchove paste. This is the first time I really liked cauliflower.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Sounds absolutely yummy. Will try it asap! Thanks for sharing.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:30 PM   #4

well...

I have to admit I am not a fan of cauliflower except on rare occasions. (I'll pick it over okra though).
Nathan and Daisy Justus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:11 AM   #5

Name: Carol
Trailer: Chalet XL for sale. Hoping to get a Snoozy.
New York
Conincidentally, this week I tried a similar recipe. I used cauliflower and then when it was getting brown and soft, I added 1 cup of grape tomatoes, each one cut in half. It is all in one pot, declicious and non-fattening. Lot of garlic....
CarolMarie is offline   Reply With Quote