AccuPower 52 QT Fridge with battery - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2022, 12:52 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp 1995 19'
North Carolina
AccuPower 52 QT Fridge with battery

I just bought a 52 Qt Accupower Compressor fridge with a 170 W LION battery for $450 using a $200 coupon. I'm guessing the 'coupon' is a generally available for some fixed time thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Seems like a good deal.

I drive a truck these days and will drag this back and forth between my rig and my RV when I go camping.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I've had one of those for 4 years. It's the primary "refrigerator" for our camper. Love the built in battery. It works well most of the time. I've has occasional failures- error codes - that caused some frustration. It seems to heal itself after a while. I think the errors I've received may have been because of not enough circulation and very high outside temperature causing it to run the battery down quickly. It will maintain 38 degrees for about 14 hours at room temperature.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 03:26 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
It will maintain 38 degrees for about 14 hours at room temperature.
What do you do after 14 hours?
Old 06-05-2022, 04:21 PM   #4

North Carolina
It plugs into the wall or the 12v socket in a car or RV. The battery is just a bonus which allows some period disconnected from power.
jwcolby123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
What do you do after 14 hours?
Plug it in. When we are traveling, it rides in the back oft he Pilot plugged into 12v. When we stop and don't have power it's nice to know it will maintain temp at least for a while.

It does have a solar option, which seems to be ACUPOWER'S main business, but I haven't investigated that. Nor have I tried to see if our trailer battery and 45w solar panel will keep it alive.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:58 PM   #6

North Carolina
Dave, it seems to draw about 40 watts on Eco mode. So the solar panel might go a long ways towards keeping it alive. From my reading it runs about 30% of the time at 40 watts and the rest at about 8 watts or something like that.

My Scamp has a 100ah LiFeO4 battery. I have a 100w solar panel which I haven't yet hooked up. So I suspect I will be just fine boon-docking when I get the chance.

I also built a little battery box with 16AH of LiFePO4 (about 200wh) and all kinds of connectors. Mostly I use it for charging phones and tablets and to run a portable air compressor for my truck and trailer tires. With the connectors I put on the box I could also power this fridge for another day or so. Mostly I'll just use a 12v socket in the Scamp or a 12v socket in my tractor.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:11 PM   #7

North Carolina
The coupon is back

For the 42 quart of 52 quart WITH BATTERY! $459 + tax.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NMHHKRR...t_details&th=1

This is the old version of this fridge with a LiIon battery. Accupower is now selling a newer version with a LiFePO4 battery. I suspect these sales are clearing inventory?

I do love this thing. It is bigger than I need but it keeps me in food for two or three weeks while I am out driving.

Tags
fridge, battery