Asian Peanut Pork in a Crock-Pot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camp Cooking, Food & Recipes
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-26-2017, 04:57 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Asian Peanut Pork in a Crock-Pot

OMG tried a new crock-pot recepie yesterday...you gotta try it.
Asian Peanut Pork
2- large-fat pork chops or buy some cubed Pork about 1 inch by 1 inch
1- onion sliced into rings
1/2 -green pepper chopped
1/2 -red pepper chopped
1/4 cp - packed Brown sugar
1/3 cp - Soy sauce
3 - cloves Garlic minced or chopped fine
3 - tblsp Water
2 - tblsp balsamic Vinegar
1/4 - cp creamy peanut butter.
Put onion rings on the bottom then Pork then throw all other ingredients in.
After about an hour stir
Cook on high 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours.
Serve over rice...OMG DELISH.
Next time I will use a liner in crock-pot as it burns on and had to soak to clean stoneware.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:59 PM   #2

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
California
Just catching up on the digest emails. This sounds good and I will try it out. Thanks.
Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
I made a half recipe of this in my small crockpot.

It was way too sweet for me. I went to look for other pork peanut ideas online and none of them had any sugar.

Just a warning to others who do not care for sweet food.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I made a half recipe of this in my small crockpot.

It was way too sweet for me. I went to look for other pork peanut ideas online and none of them had any sugar.

Just a warning to others who do not care for sweet food.

Nancy
Can't understand how it could be too sweet?
With half recipie it would only take 1/8 cup of brown sugar and the vinegar should counter so, there is a sweet/sour taste.
I like to pile it up on top of brown rice and maybe that would more suit your taste buds.
Happy cookin' / good lookin'
Old 04-04-2017, 05:19 AM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
This Thai dish is called "swimming angel" or "swimming rama". But they add some ginger and use coconut milk for the liquid. By red pepper they mean the spicy kind of red pepper flakes or sometimes people use the spicy hot sesame oil instead of peppers.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #6

Managed a dinning room at a Asian resturaunt for 5 years during the winter months when my campground jobs were done. After resturaunt closed for the night we would all eat the Real Chineese food. l can not handle the hot/spicy stuff that they just took for granted but the most horrid stuff was "Fish Sauce" OMG can not imagine how they aquired a taste for that stuff.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:09 PM   #7

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Looks yummy, thanks for sharing!

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #8

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
I added broccoli and cauliflower to my left over and I liked it quite a bit with the addition. I can see where the pepper and ginger would make a nice addition.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
I added broccoli and cauliflower to my left over and I liked it quite a bit with the addition. I can see where the pepper and ginger would make a nice addition.

Nancy
So glad you liked it, Had guests over last week and I made this along with some Chicken wings in Oyster Sauce and some Chinese fried Rice.
I bet it would be great with Broccoli as long as it cooks through. I hate crunchy Broccoly. I bet I the only person at the Chinese Buffet who will go to the Chicken & Broccoli and take most of the Broccoli
Will have to try it next time.
I will have other Chinese recipies but none for the crock-pot.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
So glad you liked it, Had guests over last week and I made this along with some Chicken wings in Oyster Sauce and some Chinese fried Rice.
Hope that was Chicken Fried Rice.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:05 AM   #11

Actually it was Sumbgub but I substiture a can of crab meat (added with the juices from can) instead of the baby shrimp....Doesn't look as good but I think it has more flavor.
Suppose one could use a small can of each so one would think the flavor is coming from those shrimps.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #12

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
I'll have to try this. I usually do quick stirfries when having oriental, got all stirfried out a couple years back and when I thought it out realized everything had been served on uncle bens plain white rice. Led me to buy a ricecooker &shop at Whole Paycheck [ hee hee] to get red, black, pink, and green rice, and to buy Jasmine rice for when white rice is what is wanted. Also laid in cous-cous and noodles as additional starchies.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #13

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
Ah yes - quick, economical, tasty stir fries are a frequently eaten meal at our house. We don't take the bulky wok camping. We have a variety of rice types I have to buy in the city.

More recently we have discovered noodle bowls and I'm sure I'll make those while camping. I doubt people of a particular nationality would recognise them as that - but the basic idea is the same. We rarely follow a recipe any way so these two meals work well ! Hubby made noodle bowls that were heavy on veggies, light on noodles and realised they wouldn't satisfy our level of hunger at the time. His solution - drop in a few frozen perogies and pretend they are modern wontons.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #14

The options are limitless with all the Frozen foods one can buy now in the super markets. As you said Hazel if things tend to be alittle bland or need alittle zipping up you can always add things.
I need to watch some of these Fast Foods as the Sodium level is sky high and I have to keep an eye on that. We found those Ramen noodles are good but the flavor packet you get with them is full of sodium so we save that and just use the noodles. Later we'll use the packet to dry rub chicken or chops, This wakes up the taste buds.
Also the use of Lite Soy Sauce in the green top bottles, used along with the regular soy sauce is a great addition.
Lite Soy Sauce will flavor things 3 times as fast as the regular so 1 tsp of lite is equal to 1 tblsp of dark soy sauce.
I make regular thin speggettii boiled...put some in fry pan with olive oil...and then 2tsp of lite and 1 tblsp of dark...use the lite to season to taste.
I did see a small wok just the right size for the small camper and for 2 people.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #15

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
You saw it and I bought it!! However, I packed it in the Snoozy and haven't seasoned it yet. Wanting to get away fro the big heavy iron skillet I use for stir fries at home- getting more and more difficult to heft that thing around.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #16

I'll need to pass on a few more asian dishes that I make in the small wok just enough for wife and me.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #17

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Asian food

I am loving this thread and look forward to more of your recipes, Gerry (and everyone who shares)!

Thanks for sharing them!
in the Abel Egg, 2011 EggCamper #101
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote