Breakfast stations - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2016, 09:21 AM   #1

Name: Anita
Trailer: Egg Camper
West Virginia
Breakfast stations

Anybody using the 3-1 coffee maker with toaster oven and small cook top. I found one for $35 with a 500 watt use. Is it worth it or should I stick with the electric burners and coffee press?
Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #2

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
It will take up valuable space. I'm a bit of a small appliance junky myself--so maybe I'm not the best person to comment here--but most of the stuff I buy sits unused after the initial enthusiasm wears off. Then the thrift store gets them. You'd think I'd learn
Old 01-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #3

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
coffee?

I use a percolator...got it at an "outdoor" store...all stainless....no filters even...works like a charm

the problem with all "3 in 1" anythings is that when you have a failure you loose all three things...that could be a real pain out "in the middle of nowhere"
Attached Thumbnails
kitcheni.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 09:48 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I like the 3-1's. But you bring up a VERY good point... what if one quits. You're instantly out to purchase 3 new appliances! Thanks...
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #5

West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
I use a percolator...got it at an "outdoor" store...all stainless....no filters even...works like a charm

the problem with all "3 in 1" anythings is that when you have a failure you loose all three things...that could be a real pain out "in the middle of nowhere"
I have been looking at percolators lately as well. That is all my daddy used, right there on the fire. Also the egg doesn't have that large of a kitchen area. Came with a tiny frig, and sink. Is it worth looking into a microwave? I am kinda against it, but welcome insight.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #6

West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
I like the 3-1's. But you bring up a VERY good point... what if one quits. You're instantly out to purchase 3 new appliances! Thanks...
Do you own and use one? If so how long and has it ever given you problems?
Old 01-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #7

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Robot Check

Here is the one I got, it is just perfect for me and I got little filters too so that I don't need to mess with grounds. I also have ran hot water through for hot cocoa

Robot Check

Here is my toaster. I think a little toaster oven would be fun since I don't have an oven, but right now we have more fun with pie irons in the fire

Good luck!!
Old 01-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #8

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
For a toaster I use an 8" round cooling rack held by vice grips. I have to use it on my Colman stove outside though, inside it sets off the smoke alarm
Old 01-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
As others have suggested 3 in 1's are great but they take up lots of space making it more difficult to hide away someplace and if electrical they take lots of power & of little use when off the grid.

I do carry a small two slice toaster for when on the grid - its small enough its not hard to find a space for storing it but I also carry a small stove top folding toaster for when off the grid that takes up very little space. I also keep my coffee makers of a type that do not require power either way.
Attached Thumbnails
GSI-Stainless-Toaster-step-by-step.jpg  
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #10

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
We've had a few trips now with no fires- and last summer, we almost had no propane cooking. (Relaxed at the last minute.) So I do plan to bring along a toaster oven. (Actually, I brought one last year, but the rack for it was misplaced so couldn't use it!) But under those conditions this doesn't look too bad- smaller than carrying three things. Cool for a dorm room if allowed.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote