Chicken In a Crock-Pot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Exclamation

Hear is an easy meal I put together for the wife when we do not want to stand over the stove and cook.

4 lb. Whole Chicken Legs (skinned) Put in the bottom of the crock-pot

In a bowl, mix:
1/8 cup Wine Vinegar 2 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
1/4 Cup Catsup 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Pour Over Chicken then ADD
1 tsp. crushed Rosemary
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder 1/2 tsp. dry Mustard

Add enough water to cover the chicken (about an inch)
Let cook for 5 hrs or until chicken falls off bone.
Serve with rice or noodles.

What we like to do, if it is just the 2 of us, I will double the sauce ingredients and after we have had our chicken dinner the first night I will bone the remaining chicken put it back in the pot. (Skim off any grease that forms the next day) Add some frozen veggies or fresh ones and 1/4 cup Barley or 8 oz. of macaroni and cook until barley or macaroni is done and you have a great hot or cold soup
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Yum!

Nopw, what spice bottles do you bring along? All of 'em? Or just favourite recipe ones?
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft ('Kermit' It's not easy being green!)
I can't believe I didn't think of taking my crockpot along. We have tent camped BFG (Before Fiber Glass) and crockpots just don't fit well in a tent. I'm glad I ran across your recipe! Sounds delicious!
My favorite spices are seasoned salt, garlic powder, and Mrs. Dash (Original). Just about anything tastes good if you add these. And a can of cream of celery soup is magic.
debbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:00 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
If I am just goin off for a week or so I have some idea of the meals I plan to cook and such as the Chicken-in-a Crockpot I will blend spices in a bag and label. Takes up less room in the 13ft. Boler. I will bring powder garlic, onion, and some season salts such as celery and a meat tenderizer (is a must with the cuts I buy).and yea, Cream of Mushroom or Celery soup works wonders for any type of casserole you may want or even as an alternative to tomato sauce on spagettii
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
When just the two of us are camping in the trailer, we use one of those mini-crockpots. We put the appropriate amount of water and about 1/3 - 1/2 package of dried bean or lentil soup mix in the crockpot. And... wah-lah! We add some French bread, a green salad and some red wine to the meal and we have a delicious dinner after being away all day.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
All that is needed to make that a perfect dinner is a little olive oil, roast garlic, and some Alexander's Bread Dip Seasonings to dip the French Bread. U'MMMMMMMMMM.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:39 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
And... wah-lah! We add some French bread, a green salad and some red wine to the meal and we have a delicious dinner after being away all day.
Hi: What section of the supermarket do you find the "Wah-lah" in??? I have looked high and low and for the life of me... I can't find it!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #8

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Hi: What section of the supermarket do you find the "Wah-lah" in??? I have looked high and low and for the life of me... I can't find it!!!
You can find "wah-lah" in speciality groceries, Alf. You just need to look harder.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #9

Trailer: 1985 13 ft Burro
WAH-LAH is just to the right and down 1 shelf from the High and Low. Or is that the Sweet andLow? . Al , from the south side of Lake Erie.
Al POGUE is offline   Reply With Quote