Galanz 3-in-1 microwave - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2020, 09:21 AM   #1

Name: Brandon and Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Oklahoma
Galanz 3-in-1 microwave

We recently upgraded our 1999 samsung microwave to the Galanz 3-in-1 microwave and wanted to give our impression.
A while back, we were looking at getting a small toaster oven and a small air fryer to carry with us on our trips. Of course, before any such purchases take place, I research like crazy. I happened upon a combo microwave, air fryer, convection oven and more research ensued.
Our son was moving out and was taking our microwave so we brought the samsung into the house. After much consideration, we purchased the Galanz 3-in-1 microwave from wally world.

So far, we've been impressed. The microwave works like it should. The air fryer takes a little longer than a dedicated air fryer machine, but not by much. We tried the oven last night with a couple of totinos frozen pizzas. The crust could have been a little crunchier. However, what's cool is the oven preheats, tells you to add the food, then cooks the desired time. We left the door to the cabinet open to dissipate the extra heat from the oven. I'll probably install fans in the side vent holes of the cabinet to draw out heat.

We understood there would be some compromises with having one item instead of three dedicated items. But in a Casita, space is a premium and we were okay with the trade-offs.

Brandon

Here's a link to the one we bought.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Galanz-0-...SABEgIhm_D_BwE
SMSample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #2

Name: Marianne
North Carolina
Galanz 3 in 1 microwave

Hey Brandon,
Thanks for posting. We have been researching this very topic! Does it fit well in the dedicated microwave spot? Does it run hot? And one last question....have you tried making toast with it?
Thanks, Marianne
Missfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:26 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Hey Marianne,

Fits like the old Samsung microwave did. The only issue I had was the electrical outlet. With the straight plug coming down, I couldn't slide it all the way in. I ended up getting a short extension cord with the angled plug.

As far as running hot. It does run warmer on the air fryer/oven setting. Our total cooking time with the oven was about 40 minutes. I did leave the door to the cabinet open afterwards for a while for it to cool down. The microwave was warm to the touch. However, I can't tell you the difference with it being in the cabinet vs being on a counter since we didn't use it prior.
I plan on installing a couple of small computer size fans inside the cabinet and blowing out the round side vents. I think this will help dissipate the heat better. If I ever use it longer than 45 minutes or so, I'd remove it and set it on the table (which I doubt will ever happen).
One other caveat, the temp setting will only go up to 400 degrees.

We have a two week trip coming up in about 3 weeks. If anything changes, I'll update my review.

Brandon
Old 08-04-2020, 08:29 AM   #4

North Carolina
Excellent! Thanks!
Old 09-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #5

Oklahoma
Everything worked out great. Had an awesome time. 4000 miles and 10 states.
The microwave worked as expected. Again, I wish to install fans to dissipate the heat. If we use the oven longer than 30 minutes, we pull it out onto the cabinet door.
Other than that, no problems.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:56 AM   #6

North Carolina
Wonderful! Sounds like a great trip!
Old 09-25-2020, 02:44 AM   #7

Name: Tim
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Florida
Hmm, my wife and I might consider buying that soon. We've been looking for a great multipurpose microwave for quiet a while now and this seems to be right up our alley.
TimHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #8

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSample View Post
Hey Marianne,
Fits like the old Samsung microwave did. The only issue I had was the electrical outlet. With the straight plug coming down, I couldn't slide it all the way in. I ended up getting a short extension cord with the angled plug.
Brandon
When I had to replace my 12 y/o Dometic microwave, (factory installed,) I bought a new stainless steel High Pointe microwave as a replacement. The "Mounting surround" was slightly smaller than the original white factory Dometic surround that mounts to the cabinet face, so I had to modify the old surround and adapted it to accept my new High Pointe. A little work, but not insurmountable. I like it a lot.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Patrick-I...925aqr&veh=sem

As an aside, I rotated the upside down outlet in the cabinet over the microwave, and drilled a hole just large enough for the microwave plug to fit through, so now it faces upward. No longer have to fight the plug coming loose while bouncing down the road. It might not work for your needs because now the receptacle box hangs downward into the m/w cabinet.

In addition to the m/w oven, we opted for a stand alone Cuisinart Toaster Oven which travels with us. We now have the ability to do so much more than even the 3-way can accomplish. We always cook outdoors, and we use The Cuisinart outside on my wheel well table next to the outside convenience outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0001 (1).jpg   microwave outlet.JPG  

microwave1.jpg   New Convection Oven.JPG  

Vacation2018 025 (Medium).JPG  
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:05 AM   #9

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I have replaced my old microwave oven with Sharp R1874T Convection Microwave. I like that the Sharp r1874t over-the-range oven can be installed above the RV range. This capability helps conserve space and adds functionality as an exhaust system for the range top. This additional feature also helps keep the smells from the oven from spreading inside the RV.
https://vogeltalksrving.com/best-rv-...ves/#more-1035
The inside of this Sharp microwave convection oven for RV is also large. At 1.1 cubic feet, you can place even large dinner plates or even bowls. You will not be left wanting in terms of cooking space. This microwave oven can handle anything that you can throw at it.
The neat thing about this RV microwave convection oven over the range is that it has a smart interactive cooking system that guides you through the process if you would like
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
microwave