How often do you cook inside? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2020, 06:45 AM   #61

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I took the stove out of my Scamp and when I had it out on the driveway my wife asked, "What is that?"

redbarron55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:09 AM   #62

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Cooking in an RV

We have bought 4 used RVs. Three of them had never had their kitchen stove used. We use our stove virtually every day, primarily for breakfast. Our typical breakfast is one egg and one strip of bacon each.

Two of RV's came with built in microwaves. We typically use them for reheating leftovers or making oatmeal. The two smaller rigs, 16 foot trailers, came with small counter microwaves. We got rid of both microwaves finding them not space worthy since anything we could do in a microwave we could do on the stove top.

As to meals beyond breakfast we're typically out exploring during the day. We either carry a lunch for the trail or eat out. WE go to Newfoundland every other year for two months. Their when scouting around it can be difficult to find any where to eat when off the beaten track.

Suppers are usually eaten at home however we always seek interesting local places to eat. This can happen at lunch or supper. If we have a big lunch, we eat lightly in the evening.

Needless to say this eating life style was a change for us and between us over our 20 years on the road we've lost over 120 lbs between us and still counting.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:18 AM   #63

Name: Zach
Trailer: 91 Bigfoot 17
Montana
Registry
I still do all my cooking in the trailer. But in this heat, lunch and often dinner donít require any cooking.

I very, very rarely fry anything. I donít want splatter, and itís not healthy anyway. When I do use a frying pan, itís on low heat.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:59 AM   #64

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I really like cooking and I often cook right inside my rv. I'm using oven and stove. You can refer in here: https://vogeltalksrving.com/best-rv-ovens-and-stoves/. I also buy a new one in that. This simple appliance will open up a lot of different eating options, thus making your RV trip all the more enjoyable.

Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote