Loose tea leaves - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #21

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
LOL. Now I have mental images of you chasing loose tea around the campground!

Once I had a visitor from England who ordered tea in a local café. It arrived at the table as a tea bag beside a small pot of warm water. He asked the waitress to take it to the kitchen and bring it back as a proper pot of tea. When the waitress returned she presented him with a wee tea pot. He lifted the lid, winced and said "I have changed my mind. Please take away this pot with the drowned mouse in it and bring me some coffee".
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #22

Name: Thomas
Trailer: Currently Shopping.
Florida
I'm a loose tea drinker also. I get my tea and supplies at enjoyingtea.com.DSCF2140 by longdrinkofsilence, on Flickr[/IMG]
gilhooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:58 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 1984
TClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1422489325.326104.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	80051
My insulated travel mug with strainer and thermos type lid. Keeps a variety of liquids either hot or cold as necessary for an hour or two.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:10 PM   #24

Name: Jeff
Trailer: N/A
Oregon
Hi, my wife is a big tea drinker and for a really good cup of tea I've learned that the water must come to a full boil, but not too long! Then, only loose tea leaves are used to steep for at least three minutes for black tea, five for green. A proper tea pot and cozy are ideal, but sometimes while traveling that's not always practical. At Christmas, I gave my wife a travel cup from Zorushi that truly will keep the tea VERY hot all day. She loves this mug and now uses it whenever she's just brewing a cup or two.

Check out the mug: http://www.zojirushi.com/newproducts/smyae48.html.

Newrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #25

Name: RB
Trailer: 1992 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Virginia
If you want to expand your tea brewing technology options, stop by an H-Mart. People from that part of the world are picky about tea and have come up with all kinds of clever gadgets to make it.

I have a clever little infuser that is a step up from a tea ball and includes a stem handle and piston to squeeze the liquid out of the leaves before you pitch it.

I also have one of the Zojirushi infuser vacuum mugs with screen insert for leaf tea. It's meant to go in a lunch box, and has a rated maximum temperature loss per hour.
steelypip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:04 AM   #26

Name: sharon
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
I get my tea from Stash, Tea, Tea Gifts & Teaware | Stash Tea Company Official Site. their Earl Grey is the best! they sell both loose & bagged. or you can buy empty bags & blend/bag your own. my grandparents got me hooked on tea & got me to try many kinds. grandpa hated white teas, "who makes tea from flowers? its just dirty water!" lol. he was fond of Lapsang-Souchong, & I would tease him drinking from an ashtray would be smoky & taste better!
sharon_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #27

Name: sharon
Trailer: Scamp
Virginia
years ago I lived in PA near the factory that made the tea for hickory farms gift packs. the company store was really neat, you could get new things before anyone else, or get factory seconds for pennies on the dollar. after a big buy of crushed boxes, I took them to my grandparents. they were thrilled at all the choices & the deep discounts, but my aunt was angry that I only bought second quality for my grandparents. grandpa gave her the evil eye & said "i don't drink the box, do you?"
sharon_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #28

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
I recently added a Cuisinart tea kettle to my tea making arsenal. It is very nice to push a button to get the correct temp for what ever type of tea you want to have. Another nice thing about it, it keeps the correct temp for the 30 min. so you are just a cup away from your second cup.

It was pricey, but so are a lot of coffee pots.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:40 PM   #29

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Just thought you'd like a sneak peak of a vintage tea kettle and tea cozy that we saw on display in Taupo, New Zealand, Museum recently.
Attached Thumbnails
nz 2015 255.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #30

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... On the way north in April we stayed at Hunting Island St. Pk.SC. Took a day trip to Charleston for truck service and a tour of Charleston Tea Plantation. http://www.charlestonteaplantation.com They like theirs cold and loose.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1040094.jpg   P1040096.jpg  

P1040099.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #31

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
I use these disposible tea bags. Easier cleanup. http://www.amazon.com/100pcs-Disposa...ags+disposable

Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #32

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Stash Licorice Spice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_b View Post
I get my tea from Stash, Tea, Tea Gifts & Teaware | Stash Tea Company Official Site. their Earl Grey is the best! they sell both loose & bagged. or you can buy empty bags & blend/bag your own.
Thanks for posting this link! We are addicted to Stash Licorice Spice, and I had no idea we could find it in loose leaf.

Cheers,
Old 08-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #33

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
I use these disposible tea bags. Easier cleanup. http://www.amazon.com/100pcs-Disposa...ags+disposable
I appreciate that link. I was almost out of my T-Sacs and these look easier to fill because they open up wider. I ordered some, but from a different seller who had free shipping (no $ minimum).
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote