New Wave Oven Pro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #1

Name: John J.
Trailer: 13' Scamp / 34' Sunnybrook Titan
Virginia
New Wave Oven Pro

This "New Wave Oven" is the "cats meow" for travel trailers with 120v. Power. There are several outstanding features. 1. Portable. 2. Cooks relatively quickly. 3. Absolutely incloses the cooking process. (no spatter). 4. Cook anything in it (a small learning curve, but worth it). Cakes to steaks to bacon. 5. Use it inside or outside. 6. For your trailer you will not need the expander ring. 7. Leaves meats deliciously tender. 8. Cook vegetables along with meats, just add later in process. Good cooking to all. JJN
John J. Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sounds really interesting, I'm going to check it out. Thanks for the tip!
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
John, Thanks for the review we appreciate it. I'm always looking for an easy was to bake a pie, this may just fit the bill.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Bet

Name: Bet & Coach
Trailer: 17' Casita Liberty Delux
Mississippi
I have the small Nu Wave Oven. Ordered from Bed Bath & Beyond. Didn't want the large for 2 people. Works great since we don't have an oven. We also use a small George Foreman grill. Grill couple of pork chops, chicken, sliced potatoes, vegetables but not all at the same time on the small one. We have a large one at home & use it all the time when we want to eat healthy. Of course, everything is better fried.
Bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
John, Thanks for the review we appreciate it. I'm always looking for an easy was to bake a pie, this may just fit the bill.

Fresh pie, when camping? Dang, I camp with the wrong people! Just sayin!!!!!!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Robin,
You need to come on up to the Oregon Gathering some year. The last night of our gathering ( Sunday), we shared freshly ( still warm) baked pumpkin crumble cake and warm dutch oven apple crisp with plenty of whipped cream and a great campfire! We don't do without with this group.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #7

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
That does look like a useful cooker! Never seen one of those and it looks great for Scamp life.

I have a small toaster oven installed under the kitchen top cabinet. I don't like microwave cooking, save for a few items that aren't made mushy and rubbery by the devices.

But the toaster oven is prone to making smoke/burned smells if you are not very careful how you cook and keep it clean. And if I put it on high and just left it a few hours, it might just set my trailer on fire! Seriously, I don't think it's a huge issue, but would never leave it on unattended, the cabinet over the toaster does get hot if you cook on high for more than 5-10 minutes. So no long baking at high temps!
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #8

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Bet,

I have questions about the mini. It is oval? could one use an oval alum foil pan inside that could hold a small stew? The liner that comes with the unit....how deep is that? In my vacation condo I have a small crock pot, but I am not fond of the texture of crock pot food and this sounds interesting. Seems like a 1/2 lb chunck of pork loin and some veggies (carrots) should all fit.

Please tell us more about what you can do with the mini.

Thanks, Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote