Pasta and Cheese in a pot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Pasta and Cheese in a pot

Pasta and Cheese in a Pot

1 lb. hamburger, browned 1 pt sour cream
8 oz. small shells, cooked 8 oz. Provolone cheese, sliced
2 cans of mushrooms 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese
1 qt. spaghetti sauce

Combine hamburger, cooked shells, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce and place 1/2 in pot. Top with sliced Provolone cheese, spread with sour cream. Put rest of hamburger mixture on top of Provolone and end with Mozzarella cheese. Cook on Low 5-6 hours.

This is the original recipe but I doubled the shells and the sauce and left everything else the same.

I used the 24 oz jars of traditional Prego. I don't generally use this kind of sauce but for some reason it just tastes really good in this.

Can also be layered in a 9x13 dish and baked in the oven, like you would do a lasagna. terry r.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi terry--thanks for the recipe. it sounds delicious! i like anything i can cook up in the slow cooker. do you always cook up the hamburger first or have you ever tried putting raw burger in with all of the other ingredients? i found a recipe online for lasagna in the slow cooker where the burger was raw and it cooked up just fine....
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Cook it first.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote