Portable fridges/freezers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Portable fridges/freezers

The fridges in most of our campers are pretty small. I am wondering if many out you have acquired other portable fridges or freezers also. I have a Coleman chest/fridge. It plugs into the 12V accessory and triples my storge space. I have searched the net for freezers and there are similar units that also look like your common ice chest but are a freezer. Kind of pricy but will supply lots of freezer space. I got lucky finding my electric coleman fridge. Got it for $25 at an auction sale.
I have put meat in the bottom of my cooler along with some ice packs and kept the meat froze for over two days. I also have an AC adapter for it.
Below are some examples. There are other brands.
Coleman - Thermoelectric Coolers
Amazon.com: 12 Volt Portable RV Refridgerator 12v Freezer Truck Fridge Car Portable Electric Boat Fridge (2-Year Warranty): Everything Else
Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
I have the coleman 12 volt/elec. chest fridge. I use it at home when the power goes out. I use it in the fall when I go camping for a week. I stay mostly at an electic site and then plug the chest into 110 outlet, Putting it on a table outside the camper and turning it verticl like a fridge. It really does give you more fridge space. You do need to watch it as the condenser sometimes freezes up, so you let it rest to thaw. Have never used it in the 12 volt, I think it would draw too much current for my use. Only have one battery. You also have to put ice bottles in it or cold things when you first turn it on because it takes a long time to get cool, then it is great.
You got a great buy at the auction, congrates!

I paid around $79.00 for mine at Walmart about 10 years ago.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote