Pressure cooker cheesecake - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
Pressure cooker cheesecake

If you want to wow you camping buddies, make them a cheesecake in your pressure cooker right over your propane stove.

Set your cream cheese out the night before. Mix it up at breakfast and give it some time in the pressure cooker and it should be all firmed up and chilled for after supper. Yummy! and impressive.
Terry R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
I've made CC in a pressure cooker and it turns out great. Just remember to cover it with foil in the PC while it's cooking, otherwise the top gets soggy!
Phil
Old 12-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Recipe?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #4

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Ok I am confused, is that all you put in is cream cheese, and how hi do you set the stove.
Just curious. Like Donna, we need a recipe!
Thanks
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #5

The first recipe I tried in the PC was very good but my daughter wanted it not to have lemon and be more the texture of a Cheescake Factory cheesecake. I decided to take my limited knowledge of cheesecake making and devise my own recipe. I made it today and it was very good, if I do say so myself. Here goes.

Terry's Own Cheesecake

1/2 c. + 2 Tbl. ground shortbread cookies
1/2 Tbl. butter melted
2 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbl. sour cream
3/4 c. sugar
3 Tbls. flour
3 eggs
1+1/2 tsp. good vanilla

Wrap outside of a 7 inch spring form pan with foil. Butter bottom and insides of pan. I added a 7 inch round of parchment so I could remove it from the pan bottom to a plate. If you don't mind serving it on the pan bottom this would not be neccessary.

Melt butter in a small bowl, stir in shortbread crumbs. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan and part way up the sides.

Beat cream cheese until smooth, add sour cream and sugar, mix well, sprinkle in flour, mix. Add beaten eggs and vanilla and mix, but don't over beat. Pour into prepared crust. Cover tightly with lightly buttered or sprayed foil.

Add 3-1/2 cups of water to PC. Place a trivet or steamer basket in bottom of pot. Make a foil sling long enough to remove cheesecake pan when done. Place springform pan in the middle of the sling and lower it into the PC. The excess foil can just lay across the cake pan. Make sure it does not get in the way of closing the lid properly.

Seal PC lid according to manufacturers directions. Bring to pressure and cook at 15 psi for 25 min. Allow pressure to drop naturally, about 7 min. Using sling, remove cheesecake pan. Wipe off any condensation and remove top foil. Cool uncovered. Refigerate. When ready to eat, gently run knife around pan and remove outer portion. My cake actually came away from the sides about 15 min. into the cooling so I removed the outer ring then, and let it cool completly before covering.

Enjoy!! Terry R.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I wouldn't want my cheesecake to feel pressured...
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #7

Name: Julie
Trailer: Future Casita Owner
North Central Texas
Wow! Sounds wonderful!
Old 12-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks for sharing the recipe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #9

For those of you with canners, I changed the posted recipe up slightly, for a larger cake, and put it in a 10 inch spring form pan and cooked it for 35 min. under 15 lb. pressure and it worked fine to get a cheesecake for a crowd. Terry R.