Small Hawkins Pressure Cooker - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camp Cooking, Food & Recipes
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #21

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
About the only thing we don’t have is an oven in the Escape. We have many many ways to cook food, most pretty conventional and a few not so much. I have a number of Dutch ovens and cast iron pieces. Who is familiar with the Raemco 7 in 1 stove, oven, heater, griddle, and three more. Made in New Jersey in the 60’s they are a neat, heavy, self contained stove best used outside or in a large canvas wall tent with stovepipe jack. Wood or coal or charcoal fired. Probably use buffalo chips for open range authenticity. We did a lot of Dutch Oven cooking in scouts.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #22

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
You can save others the trouble of searching, if you post a link.
Not to worry you can see it on youtube. real world results...not too great, the candles don't really get it hot enough for a full rocking head of steam.

Attached Images

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:24 AM   #23

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Wow! I have come full circle on this! Since DH doesn't care for leftovers at all I have been utilizing these for beans etc. I did have some burnt contents when for some reason I didn't lower the heat on the burner enough..And of course add a pat of butter or splash of oil to keep bean fRoth fROm plugging the jiggle mechanism.

.As far as icreasing the heat enough to use the 8 tealights, it looked like their would have been enough space (barely ) to balance some more tea lights atop. I dont' know how this will work out when saved but say you have four tealights in a cross pattern couldn't you balance another tea candle at the intersEctions?
X1 X2
X3 X4 So balance the new teacandlE atop the inner edges of all 4 Xs?