S'mores fix - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #1

Name: M
Trailer: Influx
Usa
S'mores fix

We were a little optimistic about how long we'd need to wrap up our project so instead of heading off today, we will do a quick trip in the trailer tomorrow...But I saw this little package at Publix and picked it up as a little consolation to tie over till tomorrow--- Pre-assembled, pre-packaged, single serving S'more.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Mimi Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #2

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
I like the way you think Mimi. Hope your trip is well worth the wait.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Lee View Post
We were a little optimistic about how long we'd need to wrap up our project so instead of heading off today, we will do a quick trip in the trailer tomorrow...But I saw this little package at Publix and picked it up as a little consolation to tie over till tomorrow--- Pre-assembled, pre-packaged, single serving S'more.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #4

Usa
Thanks Linda. I put it in the microwave and it was some sweet, yummy, gooey, goodness! It was pretty fantastic.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #5

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I, too, LOVE the Russell Stover S'mores! I take them with me camping 'cause my DH does not like S'mores! Can you imagine anyone who doesn't like them? It's just not practical to have to buy a whole package of graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate if you are serving one person. I take the S'more out of the package and wrap it in foil and then heat it over the coals in my pie iron. Not quite a traditional S'more but way better than using a microwave. Try it you'll like it.
BTW I found these tender morsels at Walgreens stores in California. I don't know what the equivalent store would be in other states.
Pop Tarts come in a S'mores flavor but do not taste as good as RS.
Happy Camping!
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #6

Usa
You are lucky Glinda not to have to share! Haha! My entire crew loves them, we not only make them at night but indulge the kids them as breakfast in the morning-- and have no troubles as a foursome finishing off all the crackers, marshmallows and chocolate.

But I will have to try the RS your way too. I just ordered a pie iron on sale so when it comes that's the first thing I'm gonna go with it. . And I love to know where I can get my fix if our travels takes us out West, thanks for sharing! :-)

Good eats and happy camping!
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
.....I wonder how they'd be if you gently roasted them over a fire.....
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #8

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
I've never been a big s'mores fan UNTIL this weekend when I put Jif creamy peanut butter on one.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #9

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
...caramel would be even better.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #10

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Caramel Smores?.......................ugh.

I'm on a diet but looks like I will be on a search and seize mission now.
I love caramel "anything." And I love the single wrap serving idea.
Even if there are three of us.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I don't care for chocolate. I'm sure that's almost unAmerican. I've had caramel s'mores than make me swoon.

Standard graham cracker, one marshmallow toasted...

Then, those caramel apple wraps you can buy usually around Halloween (year around at my grocery store)? They're nothing more than Kraft caramels smashed flat. Anyway get some of those and cut one wrap into fourths.

Toast the marshmallow, slap on graham cracker... THEN put crushed nuts on the marshmallow, followed by the caramel apple wrap piece and the top graham cracker.

NIRVANA!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #12

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Before this Lifelong Girl Scout passes judgement on this...perverse though admittedly novel idea, I wish to inquire:

Was this strictly an emergency measure brought on by the exigencies of your circumstances, or do you propose that this is a permanent substitute for The Real Thing?

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Commercial Member

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm good with a box of graham crackers! Never cared for Russel Stover's chocolate recipe, and don't eat marshmallows. I'd keep a box of these for guest children, I imagine they keep better than a bag of marshmallows. I looked up "s'more kit" on Amazon, there must be some real s'moreaholics out there, one cooker was over $100 and was fueled by sterno, can't imagine that tastes good, or is good for you.
KevinPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #14

NE Oklahoma
Slow Cooker Fudgy S’more Cake

Slow Cooker Fudgy S
Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #15

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Before this Lifelong Girl Scout passes judgement on this...perverse though admittedly novel idea, I wish to inquire:

Was this strictly an emergency measure brought on by the exigencies of your circumstances, or do you propose that this is a permanent substitute for The Real Thing?

Francesca
Teehee... emergency measure due to circumstances... S'mores are a dual experience. No permanent substitute for the ritual of firebuilding, and playing musical chairs around the smoke as the wind blows, and making the sandwhiches, and squashing them just right before that first bite. Not to worry Francesca
Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #16

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Teehee... emergency measure due to circumstances... S'mores are a dual experience. No permanent substitute for the ritual of firebuilding, and playing musical chairs around the smoke as the wind blows, and making the sandwhiches, and squashing them just right before that first bite. Not to worry Francesca
WHEW! I am so relieved... so much so, in fact, that I'll relate to you my own "S'mores emergency":

Many years ago, my Sister and I set out on a camping trip, having made no preparations whatsoever except that we'd taken care to bring along marshmallows, Hershey bars, and graham crackers. (Though she was raised in Campfire Girls and I was raised in Girl Scouts, we did have this one thing in common). Due (perhaps) to a lack of planning, our first night out found us marooned in a freeway rest area, condemned to sleep in the back of the pickup that our Mother had kindly provided for the trip.

There we were, preparing to sleep...and yet...could we? Without having consumed the requisite s'mores-before-bedtime? The answer, of course, was a resounding "NO!".

Ever able to adjust to our circumstances, we hunkered down in the shelter of the canopy, atop our nylon sleeping bags, where we ve-ry carefully set fire to one marshmallow after another by means of a Bic lighter- success! And we didn't burn ourselves down, either...

Now, THAT, my Darling Dears, is camping!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #17

Usa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post

Ever able to adjust to our circumstances, we hunkered down in the shelter of the canopy, atop our nylon sleeping bags, where we ve-ry carefully set fire to one marshmallow after another by means of a Bic lighter- success! And we didn't burn ourselves down, either...

Now, THAT, my Darling Dears, is camping!

Francesca
And THAT is what it means to make indelible camping memories! Thanks for shaing this lovely story!
Old 07-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #18

Name: Sandy
Trailer: Dolphin 15 ft
Ottawa, ON
Registry
Late to this post, but couldn't resist. We keep graham crackers and a jar of Nutella and marshmallows in the trailer at all times. Nutella is easy to spread and does not need a fridge, and it doesn't melt. Always a good sub if you run out of chocolate bars...
SeansmomSandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #19

NE Oklahoma
I bought some Little Debbie S'mores because of reading this thread......lol
That will be my first and last box of those things.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #20

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Mimi is our Teacup poodle's name. Chocolate is my biggest weakness.