Test driving the Camper Kitchen Appliances. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Test driving the Camper Kitchen Appliances.

Continuing to "test drive" the small appliances I planto use in the lilsnoozy kitchen. My Rival toaster oven did a great job baking swordfish steaks for Wednesday night and chicken thighs (boneless) with adobe seasoningThursday. Cooked 2/3 cup dry weight black beans in my 1.5 L Hawkins pressure cooker and 2/3 cuo Jasmine in my 3 cup Rice cooker. Storebought flour tortillas.
Stillneed to try biscuits in the Rival and/or electric skillet.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Mitzi, I can feel the excitement and anticipation in your postings, and can hardly wait for the day that you take possession of your Lil Snoozy.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:12 AM   #3

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
So excited for you Mitzi and I'm following your posts from now on as I'm one who cooks alot as well! What sort of cooking surface will you be using in yours? Thank you...the small pressure cooker sounds amazing!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 12:00 PM   #4

Florida
Got it from Amazon. (small pressure cooker) The Lilsnoozy is all electric, they include a 2 burner hot plate. Trying to figure out whether multiple appliances will use less electric than the "min-stove". Biscuits on the Rival oven call for 50* to 100* less than posted.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Hi! I know nothing has been posted for awhile on this thread but since we're also waiting on our Snoozy this is what I bought. It comes with several different pans to bake in and you can stir fry, cook kabobs etc. I've been experimenting with it here at home and love it. Just wanted to pass this along.
Attached Thumbnails
oven.jpg  
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #6

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
kitchen help...

[QUOTE=JBB;618391]Hi! I know nothing has been posted for awhile on this thread but since we're also waiting on our Snoozy this is what I bought. It comes with several different pans to bake in and you can stir fry, cook kabobs etc. I've been experimenting with it here at home and love it. Just wanted to pass this along.[/QUOTEHi JBB...looks like a very cool and compact device! Multi functions...very cool! Having just completed our first real trip in our Snoozy, it was good experience to see exactly what..we were really going to need. The two burner electric hot plate of sorts worked just fine for our needs. You're going to love having it!! I'm so excited for you!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
JBB

South Carolina
We're really excited and making all kinds of plans of what we'll possibly need and where it will go in the camper. I know some of the things we won't be able to get until we actually have the camper as exact measurements will be needed! I'm going to have a very hard time remaining patient.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #8

Florida
JBB that looked so cool I immediately Googled it and Cuisinart no longer makes it. Ain't that the way it always goes!
Old 12-07-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
JBB

South Carolina
Mitzi - I found mine on EBay and there are some more. It's model CBO-1000 🙃
Old 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I have not had much luck camping with hot plates especially the dual one's since they split the load. We use an inductive hot plate with no heat loss transfer to the pan, the pan gets hot and it gets hot quickly almost like gas cooking. The draw back is you have to have a inductive certified pan, iron skillet or iron container.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 09:21 AM   #11
JBB

South Carolina
We will probably just use the hot plate for inside bad weather days as we mostly cook outside in our shelter. I just couldn't pass up this little oven!

Tags
vin