The best spice source - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2003, 07:21 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The best spice source

OK, just because I'm getting old and it's time to pass on secrets; here's what all you great and not so great cooks need to know. In the town of St Charles, MO there is the Landing Area near the river. There are a lot of old buildings with really neat shoppes and restaurants. It's a really fun place to stop on a sunny warm day and browse. The Landing Area was the actual area where the old Steam Boats tied up and loaded and unloaded and seems to be the Hub of activity in those times. There is also a Landing area over on the Mississippi near the Arch.

Anyway, in the St Charles Landing Area, there is a little shoppe called the OLDE TOWNE SPICE SHOP. They have every Spice and Mix known to Man. We have been getting something called GARLIC PEPPER there for years, and since moving to Colorado, I order it 10 lbs at a time and use it on everything except Ice Cream and am considering that. In my next post I will give you 2 recipies, one for the best Salmon and the other for the best Filet Mignon you can eat. In fact our circle of friends calls the Salmon--Keith's Salmon.

You can find the shoppe at http://www.oldtownspices.com/ and they are great to work with. Order some Garlic Pepper today. You will not regret it. It is a wonderful mixture of Salt, Pepper, Garlic and other stuff and makes you drool. My wife just suggested that i tell you that the Garlic Pepper you buy in your local store is not even close to this wonderful seasoning. BTW, we also buy powdered Ham Base for using in soups, etc. The Greek Seasoning is also super.

Later,

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote