Hi: All... Here's a recipe from a book "Muffins... a cookbook" by Joan& Marilyn... and we've used it for years.
1&1/2 Cups very hot water,
1/2 cup molasses, 1/2 tsp baking soda,
1/2 cup natural bran, 1 1/2 tsp salt,
1/3 cup rolled oats, 1/3 cup veg. oil,
3 TBSP white sugar, 2 Lg. eggs,
3 TBSP brown sugar, 2 tsp. vanilla,
1/2 cup all purp, flour, 1/2 cup coconut,
1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup walnuts,
1/4 cup Graham flour, 1/2 cup skim milk powder,
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup chopped apricots,
3 TBSP wheat germ, 1 cup raisins,
1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup chopped dates.
1. In a large bowl combine water and molasses.
2. Add bran and oats to soak for 15 min.
3. In an other bowl combine sugars, flours, milk powder, wheat germ, baking powder, soda and salt.
4. To soaked bran- oats add and beat oil, eggs, and vanilla.
5. Add dry ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
6. Stir in nuts and fruit.
7. Fill muffin cups and bake at 350*F about 20 minutes.
Makes about 18 Lg. Muffins... Great for trail hiking and trailer towing too!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie