Bunny 'napping Plans Hatching... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat > Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Registry
Bunny 'napping Plans Hatching...

The idea of bunny napping the various, sundry bunnies, chicks, etc, that campers attach to any vertical surface around their otherwise respectable looking camp sites lives on. I repeated the story about the kidnapped flamingos which started this idea, now with another Easter Sunday weekend in the not too distant future the idea is fermenting in my mind once more.
Plans are developing: I'm thinking that I'll camp in the back of the pet loop and keep a low profile as I "case" the "victims" while walking the dogs. I need to locate a nearby, secure, warm, location to keep the bunnys once I get them, am thinking of a motel room. It'll be easy for the owners to retrieve them once the ransome has been paid and I have surrended their location. Gee, what kind of ransom do I ask for??? I really do not want to ask for anything for myself, I have enough, so maybe it can be something the bunny owners could do for others, or something they can do for the campground, or - ??? help me here.
My dogs may be a problem as well as they insist on going along no matter where I go. I could possibly end up looking like a strange, campmground adaptaion of a bag lady - black plastic bag over my shoulder, scissors in my pocket or carabinered to my belt, (lets get professional here) moving as quietly as possible with three dogs on leashes, (have to be leashed in the campground,) going campsite to campsite, liberating the poor captive decorations. As you can see i have some details to work out.
The "what if's" enter the picture: what if I get stopped and questioned - will my "little old lady" disguise carry me carry me safely thru - this IS how I look all the time so the disguise is easy. What if the dogs start barking and all that: they do not understand delayed gratification so will not "be good girls" now for a chewie later. What if I get just plain caught: will my kids & grandkids come and bail me out? My grandson can bring my first great grand daughter - she can use it in show and tell when she gets in school. I could invite my kids & grands to camp with me, some of them were into the first discussion of bunny napping - we talked ourselves into doing it years ago then talked ourselves out of it. I have grandkids in school now, they can utilize this adventure in various ways in the circiclum - I think. This could become some sort of wierd family ritual to welcome Spring, or maybe not. Well as you can see/read many details need to be worked out. Any and all suggestions will be gratefully accepted, possibly volunteers too. What is it that is said about idle hands - how about idle minds....??
J.S.Lahm is offline   Reply With Quote