Cuckoo clock - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2023, 04:31 PM   #1

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Cuckoo clock

A friend, when she learned I'd lived in Germany for several years, asked me to fix a German cuckoo clock she'd inherited. It hadn't worked in years. I told her, hey, I don't know a thing about fixing clocks. She said, yes, but you lived in Germany, doesn't everyone there have one? You must know more than I do, right? Please at least try? She was so insistent I said I'll give it a go but I don't guarantee it will work.

So I took it apart, put it back together, and now

the bird backs out and asks what time it is.
Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:49 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
And, if it stopped, it shows exact time twice a day!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:23 AM   #3

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Do you work on Mercedes? LOL!
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:23 AM   #4

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
You should have paid attention to the internet host location of that on line clock repair site. Probably Austrailian, Chilean, or Namibian as their clocks are based on southern hemisphere sundials that have shadows that move 'backward'.
Old 03-19-2023, 11:43 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
My son had a party out at our place one spring. Attending were several aerospace engineers. One fellow was walking around holding his phone out at arms length. I asked him what he was doing. He said he had a star and constellation app on there. He was looking for the North Star. I asked for the phone, looked at it and saw the southern cross. I started laughing and told him he had the Southern Hemisphere on there . I turned him around, showed him Polaris and several other features of the night sky. He was much obliged and we had a good laugh and a shot of Johnny Walker. Later he told my son how much fun he had at the party with the old guy showing him the stars. Lots of those city guys had never seen the Milky Way. But they buy good whiskey and premium beer.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:36 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
Three engineers were riding in a car that quit, an electrical engineer, a mechanical engineer and a software engineer. The car quit. The electrical engineer said to open the hood and check the wiring, the mechanical engineer said to check the drive train . Finally the software engineer looked at the other two and said let’s just all get out of the car at once and get back in. That’ll fix it.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:36 PM   #7

Washington
Old wave, I must admit I had to think about your joke before I got it. Sorry to say, these days, it's probably true...;-)
Old 03-20-2023, 02:37 PM   #8

Washington
Jerrybob, if I worked on Mercedes, I'd probably be able to afford that big ol $750K land yacht. Last I heard, an oil change for a Mercedes was $1000.
Old 03-20-2023, 06:19 PM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Software Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
Old wave, I must admit I had to think about your joke before I got it. Sorry to say, these days, it's probably true...;-)
My son is an avionics software engineer. He does cockpit design for Rockwell-Collins avionics. I sent him the joke. He immediately wrote back, “I did that once on my Cadillac CTS. Only 5 minutes though. It worked.” Truth is strange than fiction.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 01:03 PM   #10

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
Jerrybob, if I worked on Mercedes, I'd probably be able to afford that big ol $750K land yacht. Last I heard, an oil change for a Mercedes was $1000.
My wife has a 2000 Mercedes MLS 320.....nice SUV. We never take it to a Mercedes dealer for the reason you say. I change the oil and filter......costs me about 50 bucks......a few years ago......the window switch for the driver door went out.....unfortunately.....that same switch controls all the windows...the mirrors and the door locks. I called the dealer to see about a repair......part was $500....labor to install was another $400. No thanks! Went on-line.....bought a new after market switch for $40......watched a youtube video to see how to replace.....took me about two hours to complete the job.....been working like a champ for several years now. To be honest....all car repair work these days is expensive.....Mercedes is ridiculous.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote