For Pet Owners....
To be posted VERY LOW on the refrigerator
door - nose height.
Dear Dogs and Cats,
The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food.
Please note, placing a paw print, in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
The stairs are not designed by NASCAR, and are not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall
faster, than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king-sized bed. I am very sorry about this.
Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort.
Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.
It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible.
I also know that sticking tails straight out, and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space, is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom.
If by some miracle, I beat you there, and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge, and try to pull the door open.
I must exit through the same door I entered.
I have been using the bathroom for years - canine or feline attendance is not required.
The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!
To pacify you, my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:
To All Non-Pet Owners Who Visit & Like to Complain About Our Pets:
1. They live here..... you don't.
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
(That's why they call it "fur"niture.)
3. I like my pets, a lot better, than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal..... to me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
Remember: Dogs and cats are actually, better than kids, because they:
1. Eat less.
2. Don't ask for money all the time.
3. Are easier to train.
4. Normally come when called.
5. Never ask to drive the car.
6. Don't hang out with drug-using friends.
7. Don't smoke or drink.
8. Don't have to buy the latest fashions.
9. Don't want to wear your clothes, or shoes.
10. Don't need a gazillion dollars for college.
11. If they get pregnant, you can sell their children. and...
12. If you decide to have them "fixed," no one will object, except them, of course!