04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
I got this info here
, but don't know how long it will stay active, so I'm going to copy the info:
The Incredible nearly Edible WD-40 *
I had a neighbor who had bought a new pickup. I got up very early one Sunday morning and saw that someone had spray painted red all around the sides of this beige truck for some unknown reason. I went over, woke him up, and told him the bad news.
He was very upset and was trying to figure out what to do. Probably nothing until Monday morning, since nothing was open. Another neighbor came out and told him to get his WD-40 and clean it off. It removed the unwanted paint beautifully and did not harm his paint job that was on the truck.
I'm impressed! WD-40 who knew? Water Displacement number 40. The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts.
WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a "water displacement" compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40.
The Corvair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts. Ken East, one of the original founders, says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you. In fact its basic ingredient is fish oil.
It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door whether it is plastic or glass. It's a miracle! Then try it on your stove top. Voila! It's now shinier than it's ever been. You'll be amazed.
Great with burns, bugs, scissors, zippers, fish, pigeons, arthritis and more
1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Use it for bug bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
3) Keeps pigeons off the balcony. They hate the smell.
4) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes
5) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8) Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic and terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing .
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Gives floors t hat 'just-waxed' sheen without making it slippery.
18) It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor!
19) Bug guts will eat the finish on your car if not removed quickly with WD-40!
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for handling on riding mowers.
22) Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25) Restores padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers keeping them running smoothly.
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Removes all traces of duct tape.
35) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
36) Cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.
37) The State of New York uses WD-40 protects the Statue of Liberty.
38) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on bait or lures to catch the Big One.
39) WD-40 is great for removing crayon. Spray and wipe with a clean rag.
40) Load of laundry with lipstick in it? Saturate the spots with WD-40 and rewash.
41) Spray WD-40 on the distributor cap to displace the moisture. Car will start.
42) Spray in engine carburetor intake as a "starting fluid" for hard to start engine.
43) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
44) Keeps flies off cows.
45) Good for oven burns. One spray and it takes the burned feeling away and heals with NO scarring.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe