Get Out of The Car - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Have you seen this story? Get Out of The Car!

(This is a true account recorded in the police log of Sarasota , Florida .) At least I was told it is...

==================

An elderly Florida lady did her shopping and upon returning to her car, found four males
in the act of leaving with her vehicle. She dropped her shopping bags and drew her
handgun, proceeding to scream at the top of her voice,

"I have a gun, and I know how to use it! Get out of the car!"

The four men didn't wait for a second invitation. They got out and ran like mad.

The lady, somewhat shaken, then proceeded to load her shopping bags into the back of the car and got into the driver's seat. She was so shaken that she could not get her key into the ignition.

She tried and tried, and then it dawned on her why. For the same reason she did not understand why there was a football, a Frisbee and two 12 packs in the front seat.

A few minutes later, she found her own car parked four or five spaces further down the parking lot.

She loaded her bags into the car and drove to the police station to report her mistake.

The sergeant to whom she told the story couldn't stop laughing.
He pointed to the other end of the counter, where four pale men were reporting a car jacking by a mad, elderly woman described as white, less than five feet tall, glasses, curly white hair, and carrying a large handgun.

No charges were filed.

.. Moral of the story: If you're going to have a Senior Moment, make it memorable
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry

That sounds like something I would do..
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:54 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft ('Kermit' It's not easy being green!)
CarolnJim--This is weird! I watch too much "Judging Amy" and that scene was on one show where Maxine did the exact same thing, ran some guys off by pretending to have a gun in her purse and when she got in the car her keys didn't fit the ignition. She ended up arrested I think!
debbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
I once lived in a complex with numerous identical apartment buildings. One day I ran back back home from the bus stop because I had forgotten something I needed for work that morning. I galloped down the street, tore up the stairs and was fiddling with the key in the lock when I was shocked (shocked! I tell you!) to find a strange man in my apartment!

"WHAT are you doing in MY apartment?" I yelled at the poor guy who answered the door and who actually lived in -- the same corner suite, the same apartment number as mine -- in a different building!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
My Dad & I were starting on a trip and he needed a check cashed. Instead of trying to find a parking place, he dropped me off in front of the bank & had me go in to cash his check while he drove around the block.

I ran in, cashed his check and headed out the bank, just in time to see the familiar Green Oldsmobile Delta 88 pull up front at the stoplight.

Thinking how slick was that, I jumped in the passenger side, sat down, and without looking said,
"I got the money, let's go!"

It was then that I noticed that the dashboard in front of me didn't have the heater vents in the right place and that our floor mats were different. I glanced over to my father, and was surprized to see a scrawny little old white-haired gent with eyes as big as saucers.

I mumbled 'scuze me & got out...my Dad was dying laughing three cars back.

ConwayBob
Old 11-24-2006, 12:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Debby - I didn't see that show - but I can sure see how that could happen.

A similar thing happened to my mom once when we had gone shopping - hands full mom headed for my car while I finished paying .... I didn't find her at my car - and after looking around she was sitting down the aisle in another car - very similar to mine. I rushed over and got her out quick - she never could tell one car from another. She never drove either.

===========

Hi Charlynn - That had to be embarrassing..

========

Hi Bob

That is so funny - Jim and I are still laughing. Isn't the world funny?

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:32 AM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Years ago I was shopping with my husband, and we were holding hands while walking. I let go of his hand to stop and look at some sale items. He continued walking, and reached out for a hand which happened to be some other shopper. Needless to say he was embarrassed and ticked off.
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Oh, that reminds me!

I was on a horse-and-cart hayride around Christmas time in snowy freezing Manitoba, we were all in our teens and early 20s. It was dark and cold, and we were all bundled up in hats and scarves and bulky hooded snow wear. The cart hit a rut, and several of us, including my boyfriend and I, tumbled off. I jumped on him as he lay sprawled on the snowbank and gave him a great big kiss right on the mouth, then ran back to the cart -- only to find him sitting there....

Still don't know who that was!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
How many silver Honda Accords do you think were around in the early 90s?

I came out of a store in a strip mall once, unlocked my car, got in and immediately noticed it wasn't right. I was a heavy smoker at the time, and I knew right away something didn't smell right (!)

Then I noticed the seat wasn't all the way up either. So, I hope the non smoking tall person wasn't too annoyed I got in thier car.

I was somewhat annoyed that my key worked.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #10

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
It is shocking when this happens.

My experience was with someone eles'ss S-10 pickup back in the days I owned an Isuzu pickup.

It was later that I found out that the Isuzu and the S-10 were made in the same factory in Shreveport, LA.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #11

Trailer: Apache
These are all great, very funny stuff
I can top them all, well at least my Uncle can as he got into and drove the wrong car home!
Happened in Ireland back in the 60's, the Ford Anglia was a popular car back then.
He had a white one with a red dashboard.
The one he drove home (6 miles) from the hardware store was a white one with a green dashboard
He never clued in until the phone rang when he got home and the owner of the store told him the new owner of his car was happy with the deal as my Uncles Anglia was in better shape than his
Denis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #12

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
I was running late for work one day and had to stop by the small town post office to mail a package to my sister. I left the keys in the vehicle, made mental note not to lock the doors and ran in. Mailed package ran across the street to vehicle and it was locked. Went back into post office and asked worker to call police to help me get into my vehicle. He said the police do not do that anymore and he would call tow truck for me to break into the car. My husband had our AAA card and the postal worker offered to use his card for my benefit.

Once tow truck got there, postal worker came out, gave him his card and they started pulling out the instruments to open vehicle. I stood by this vehicle for at least 20 minutes, and it wasn't until the tow truck driver asked where the inside handle was that I noticed a strange decoration hanging from the rear view mirror, then I noticed it had a chrome grill where my vehicle had a painted grill. I looked three cars up the street and there was my vehicle. Just before they used the slim jim I said, "Ummmm, wait a minute, there's my truck. Thanks anyway."

Funny how an honest looking woman can get a couple of guys to break into a car for her.
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #13

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Funny how an honest looking woman can get a couple of guys to break into a car for her.
Back in the old days, when cops still carried slim jims and were still able to open cars 'cause they were simple... I always got ID from the person requesting the unlock, and I made them tell me who the car was registered to before I'd touch it. Then I'd run a registration check on the car to confirm ownership. Sorry, Donna... you'd have gotten caught trying to steal that car!

Rog
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #14

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
This spoof or joke was on JibJab.com. It still pops up every so often.

Robert
Robert & Karen Elling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Yes, how funny.

When I locked my keys in the car (1985 Cadillac) was in front of a policeman's house. He came out to make sure I wasn't trying to steal someone else's car. After I convinced him that it was mine, he went into his garage and brought out his slim jim and opened the door.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #16

Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
Quote:
I always got ID from the person requesting the unlock, and I made them tell me who the car was registered to before I'd touch it.
Rog

Roger, sounds like you were a big city cop...Barney here in Dexter wouldn't ask for an ID..he knows your whole family. They will however, give out tickets for a burned out headlight.
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #17

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Nah... I just used to regularly arrest the town drunk and haul him off to detox. Unfortunately, the town was San Diego... I worked there from 1979 through 1990. NOW I work in Mayberry.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote