I can see this happening - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #1

Name: Gordon
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
I can see this happening

Two oil field workers went to sign on with a new drilling contractor when they were pulled over by a State Trooper.
The trooper walked up and tapped on the driver-side window with his nightstick.
The roughneck rolled down the window and WHACK - the trooper smacked him in the head with his nightstick.
"What the heck was that for?" the roughneck asked.
"You're in Texas, " the trooper answered. "When we pull you over in Texas, you better have your license ready by the time we get to your car."
The trooper ran a check on the license and the roughneck was clean, so he gave him his license back.
The trooper then walked around to the passenger side and tapped on the window and the other roughneck rolled down the window and WHACK - the trooper smacked him on the head with the nightstick.
"What'd you do that for?" the roughneck demanded.
"Making your wish come true," replied the trooper.
"Making WHAT wish come true?" the roughneck asked.
"I know you roughneck types," The trooper said. "A hundred feet down the road, you would've turned to your buddy and said, 'I wish that SOB would've tried that on me!'"
Trill136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Interesting.. when I first heard that joke many years ago the State Trooper was a "red neck" sheriff.. and lets just say the rest of the joke was racist and offensive. I like your version better.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Interesting.. when I first heard that joke many years ago the State Trooper was a "red neck" sheriff.. and lets just say the rest of the joke was racist and offensive. I like your version better.
What ever changes? Every generation has its own prejudices while smugly condescending to those who came before.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Guess I am not a "politically correct" as I should be, oh well.

I can imagine how this 'story' could have been a lot more offensive, but, in this iteration I didn't think it was that bad. I am sure that I have actually lived through similar situations!!
Trill136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:33 PM   #5

Name: CalCop
Trailer: Casita
California
A state trooper chases down a speeding car. It seemed the faster the trooper drove the faster the other car went. Finally the car stopped. The trooper stormed up to the driver's window and asked, "Didnt you see my lights and hear my siren?"
The driver said yes with an explanation.
It seems as though last week his wife ran off with a state trooper. The driver was afraid the trooper was trying to return the wife.
CalCop is offline   Reply With Quote