Jesus and The Devil - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2002, 10:23 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Jesus and The Devil

So God says to Jesus and the Devil, "We're going to settle this once and forever. The two of you are going to have a website design contest."

So the Devil and Jesus went to work, spending hours designing and tweaking their respective websites. Oh they both worked furiously, designing the perfect website.

Seeing how hard they were working, God decided to have a little fun ... and He flicked off the electricity.

When the electricity came back on, the Devil found he had lost all his hours of hard work and was angry at God for turning off the electricity. "Now I have to start all over from scratch!" The devil shouted!

Jesus, on the other hand, calmly hit a few more keystrokes and said "I'm done with my website ... and it's perfect!"

At that, the Devil started shouting loudly that God had "fixed" the contest, favoring Jesus, since the Devil lost all his work and Jesus didn't.

"No I didn't fix the contest," God replied.

"But it's obvious that Jesus saves."

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 10:28 AM   #2

Any comparison

Any comparison or similarity between this little parable and Michael's recent website woes is totally accidental.

Old 09-15-2002, 12:19 PM   #3

?

Michael, you little devil!

Old 09-15-2002, 12:21 PM   #4

Ha George!

>>Michael you little devil

Funny George :P

I wasn't implying that Mikey was the devil ...

I was just pointing out that Jesus saves his work and Michael apparently doesn't!;)

Old 09-15-2002, 12:48 PM   #5

Oh, I know!

I've had things like that happen to me. (And worse.) You know, a computer sometimes does what it thinks it has to do. And who are we mere mortals to say what that might be?

Carry on Michael, you're doing a great job which every one who comes aboard will appreciate just as much as I do.

Old 09-15-2002, 02:27 PM   #6

It's okay...

Quote:
I was just pointing out that Jesus saves
Well, personally I don't think it's entirely bad that we lost a bunch of this last week's palaver.

Although I know you all wish I would repost the Campfire Starter. (Especially George!)

Old 09-15-2002, 03:09 PM   #7

OK, OK

I miss the ghost. You should have seen Lori as I turned up the volume, she studied the photo, I said, “don't you see it”.

And then BAM she REALLY saw it. Oh man did I giggle. (Of corse I had to change my shots on the first go around.)

:P

Old 09-15-2002, 03:11 PM   #8

REDO

The up side of the redo is I think I got the paths set correct. (I hope). Anyone having trouble coming back and getting blank screens?

Old 09-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #9

Actually there are several things I like

Michael, I think you have things laid out better this time, too.

But, I agree, the ghost (what we call “spirit photography”) needs to come back. Surely Rick will repost it.

I showed it to my photo-cataloging co-worker, back at the library. She absolutely LOVED it. You see, we have seen so many spirit photographs in our Arthur Conan Doyle collection: several images of seances where ACD is hovering over the shoulder of Lady ACD. (And then there are also the fairies in the woods...!) But I think I've strayed a bit off topic.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 1999 Starcraft Star Lite 25RQH
Speaking of Ghosts. There was a recent graduate from the Seminary who was giving his first sermon so the Bishop dicided to attend. Before the service started, the Bishop asked the priest if he was nervous. The Priest said that he was. The Bishop suggested that he have a little gin to settle himself down. After the service, the Bishop went to the Priest's room and told him that he had done a pretty good job but there were a few mistakes that he had made. 1st of all there were 12 deceiples not 10. There are 10 commandments not 12. and The Father, Son and The Holy Ghost are not refered to as Big Daddy, Junior, and The Spook. Yours in Bolering. Jim
Jim Stacey is offline   Reply With Quote