Mean Mean Woman - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Mean Mean Woman

I have to take a break from LAYING TILE to write this and get it off my chest. I have a very very cruel gal. My friends, parents and siblings would never agree with me, they think she is a saint. In fact I shudder at the thought of ever being put in a situation where they would be forced to save only one of us.

They just don't know her like I do. This latest episode started yesterday when I announced that we were going to go over where the Scamp is stored and start on our winter renovations. I've been judiciously gathering parts and information and I'm all excited to get going. Plus, it is a 3 day weekend here in Nevada (Nevada Day) and would have been the perfect opportunity to start dismantling the rig. No sooner did I start to mention this when DEMONS literally oozed out of her face. I can't really explain it but the room temperature instantly dropped 40 degrees. And then she said in her self righteously quaint little voice "What about the tile?"

The TILE? The fact that she said it wasn't so bad as the inference that she actually expected me to live up to my promise that I'd get right to it when the game was over, 2 weeks ago. I mean c'mon I did cut out a large chunk of the carpet in the dining room after I'd moved half the furniture into the living room and the other half into the kitchen. It is totally out of the way. We don't even cook much and you barely even have to tilt to see the TV. I swear a truly nice person would never question their significant others priorities under such circumstances.

Oh well, anyhow I'd better get back to my, TILE, or she'll keep me from my important projects for who knows how long. She already has one of those giddy little smirks that women get. Thanks for letting me rant!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I understand completely, Steve. Those women folk sure have messed up priorities. My "Honey Do" list is nothing like the one I have planned out for myself.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
For me it is the constant reminding - every 6 months! I said I'll get around to it and I will.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #4

Registry
"For me it is the constant reminding - every 6 months! I said I'll get around to it and I will."

I totally know what you're talking about. We've only been discussing this tile for 3 years. You'd have thought it had been a long time or something.

My gal almost never says anything (of course my sister would say that if I ever shut up for a second she might have a chance.). She does however have ultra powerful subliminal abilities to get her points across. I know better but sometimes I swear I've been fitted with a shock collar.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
...... She does however have ultra powerful subliminal abilities to get her points across.......
Yea, that couch gets lumpy after a few nights.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
I don't mind sleeping on the couch. Its kinda like camping.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
... We've only been discussing this tile for 3 years. You'd have thought it had been a long time or something.
Tell her that it is a very good thing that you never got around to installing that tile, because the tile she picked is pretty outdated. You should give her time to pick out something more up to date, and then plan your installation for after that.
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
oh lord i must witness,,,,i know exactly what your saying. mines the same way, why it got so bad after 30 years of nagging,,,i just gave up and went ahead and finnished that second bathroom.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #9

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I don't mind sleeping on the couch. Its kinda like camping.
???? couch??? thats why i bought the scamp in the first place!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #10

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
My husband always tell me my priorities are never straight.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #11

Registry
"after 30 years of nagging,,,i just gave up and went ahead and finished that second bathroom."

I know what you're talking about. I outlasted the kids growing up and moving out and now she feels we need one for company and the grand kids staying over. I say stop inviting em over, but nobody ever listens to me!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
You guys are making me appreciate my non-nagging wife even more. Yup I got a good one.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #13

Registry
Well I'm not saying she's not a good one. Especially within earshot, LOL! It's that psychic ability to make me feel guilty.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #14

Trailer:
You guys are just using the wrong words. The Spanish mańana gives the right impression of not necessarily tomorrow, exactly, but sometime soon, OK?

But when working in Greece, I learnt their equivalent word (sadly now forgotten) which is even better: it means definitely not tomorrow, not even next week, but sometime, absolutely for sure, would I lie to you?
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
A most important aspect of living happily is to define what's truly important in life. I believe we get in trouble when happiness is defined by 'stuff or worse yet 'more stuff''.

For example, do I really need a bigger trailer to acheive happiness on the road? or is it being on the road in any trailer with my freind?

Most of the time it's simply finding joy in each other, not in what surrounds us. I maintain, that for most of us, our lives started with small and simple amounts of stuff.. proabaly the happiest times of our lives.

There is a beauty in simplicity, the true essence of a fiberglass trailer, the chance to easily travel about exploring our world and each other.

Blessed are those not encumbered by 'stuff', where pleasure resides in a smile, touch, a passing kiss, a shared moment.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #16

Registry
"where pleasure resides in a smile, touch, a passing kiss, a shared moment."

Oh GREAT Norm, now I really do have to finish the bathroom; well that or develop a tender side LOL!
Old 10-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #17

Florida
Steve most everyone appreciates tenderness. I bet your wife gives you a light kiss on the back of your neck as your laying the tile, making it all worth while. By the way, RVers seem to have a lighter side, it's probably the small beds that encourage it, hard to avoid contact (if there's anyone that want's to avoid it) you know...LOL

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #18

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
"where pleasure resides in a smile, touch, a passing kiss, a shared moment."

Oh GREAT Norm, now I really do have to finish the bathroom; well that or develop a tender side LOL!
or learn to understand the brownie point system that women live by that is very different from what most men assume it to be. Reading Men are From Mars and Women Are From Venus might help you out on that front.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #19

Florida
Brownie points???? I do like brownies...actually I agree that in relationships there is the collection of chits to absolve one from mistakes. Over the years I think chits sort of disappear from the relationship, hopefully your partner loves what you are and embraces it.

I find that over the years I've changed a bit falling more in line with Virginia and her with me, sometimes I think a melding into one. This is not to say that we don't have own individual characteristics. She is more timid; I'm more of a risk taker. However we now recognize each other's characteristics more deeply and we (particularly me, Ginny was always accepting) are more accepting.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
Old 10-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #20

Name: minnie
Trailer: burro 17' 1986
wa
Registry
wish i could buy u for what ur worth and sell u for what u think ur worth.
minnie r. is offline   Reply With Quote