No joke - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
No joke

I'm throwing away an old outdated calender given to me (and countless others) by Casita.

Each month featured a little travel saying.

Before I toss the calendar, I want to make a lasting record:

Jan 2001 -- It is good to have an end to a journey. But it is the journey that matters in the end. Legiun

Feb 01 -- Variety is the soul of pleasure. Behn

March 01 -- There is no pleasure in having nothing to do. The fun is in having lots to do and not doing it. Wilson

April 01 -- Still round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate ... Tolkien

May 01 -- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling - Runbeck

June 01 -- Self-discovery is the secret ingredient that fuels daring. Lichtenstein

July 01 -- I have found that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. Twain

Aug 01 -- Now more than ever do I realize that I shall never be content with a sedentary life and that I shall always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere. Eberhardt

Sept 01 - Travel is as much a passion as ambition or love. Unknown (my favorite author)

Oct 01 -- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Nin

Nov. 01 -- A quiet road, a foggy day, a mystery waiting at journey's end. Stanton

Dec. 01 -- Getting what you go after is success. But liking it while you are getting it, is happiness. Damon.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:35 PM   #2

And 02

Jan 02 -- Nothing is far when one wants to get there -- Marie

Feb 02 -- I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be. Adams

March 02 -- A nomad I will remain for life, in love with distant and uncharted places. Eberhardt

April 02 -- Do not follow where the pathway may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Emerson

May 02 -- The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life. Repplier

June 02 -- Not all who wander are lost. Tolkien

July 02 -- I travel not to go anywhere. But to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move. Stevenson

Aug. 02 -- The freedom of travel opens the mind to unlimited possibilities. Unknown (my favorite author)

Sept 02 -- The average tourist wants to go to places where there are no tourists. Ewing

Oct. 02 -- A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving. Tzu

Nov. 02 -- If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens. Weldon.

Dec. 02 -- To head unfailingly unflinchingly towards a goal is the secret of success. Pavlova

Old 01-06-2003, 02:36 PM   #3

Jan 03 -- Please contact your dealership for your replacement pad.

Old 01-28-2003, 05:07 PM   #4

Gort!

Jan. 1951: Klattu, Barada, Nikto - Gort, The day the Earth stood still
Jan. 1983: Klattu, Barada, Nikto - Three of the creatures in Jabba's Palace - Return of the Jedi
Jan. 1993: Klattu, Barada, Nikto - Ash, Army of Darkness
:r

Old 01-28-2003, 05:27 PM   #5

Far be it from me, Don, to be accused of the same thing twice. :laugh

Your Scamp (the one in your avatar) must have a malfunctioning brake: that wheel's not turning, yet you're going lickety split down the road.

Of course, it could be someone needs to warn you that your TT's not hitched to the tow vehicle...

:cblob

Quote:
From a much earlier thread, posted by Steve DeWeese:

[b]Release the brake

Mary how could you!:nono Poor Jana is driving away and the trailer brakes are locked. You can clearly see the wheels are not turning and the trailer is bouncing down the road and yet your not telling her.:weep I love what you did with the picture, wish I could do stuff like that.:yep I may have to take a computer class.:cblob
-----------------------------
Steve & Ellie
1978 Trillium 1300

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Ahh! I see you have gotten some brake work done since I first posted! Good Job!!
:wink

Old 01-30-2003, 07:51 AM   #6

Don

Don ... love your avatar! Start another thread somewhere and explain how you did it, ok?

Who knows, maybe I can even animate Gort ...

By the by, my favorite quote from "The Day The Earth Stood Still" is:

Klaatu: "I'm impatient with stupidity, my people have learned to live without it."

Also, not claiming any credit for this, but I noticed that on Amazon.com, "The Day The Earth Stood Still" is on their list of best selling dvd's.

Old 01-30-2003, 10:24 AM   #7

Gort...

Thanks, did the thread in Basic Website tutorials. Hope it's the right place, I don't feel much like a tutor. Maybe if I toot my own horn then I may be a tooter! Ha!

If I had the dvd I could easily do it. I'll see if they have it at Blockbuster.