Trans Cat - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Trans Cat

A member of my household has gone trans. It is my cat, Sage. She has rejected her birth assignment species and has transitioned to human. She refuses to live out under the carport with the other cats. Instead she insists on living in the house and sleeping in a real bed, under the covers even.She won't eat cat food. And never catches a mouse. Instead she jumps on the table and eats human food. She does not want to stay out all night and fight with the neighborhood cats like my other cats do. But when one of the carport cats comes in the house she will stalk it and attack it. I have realized that it is better not to try to change her, but instead to accept her for who she is.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Hopefully she won't be allowed to vote until she is 18 years old.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Voting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Hopefully she won't be allowed to vote until she is 18 years old.
I’m sure a cat that smart would cast an informed ballot. Course she’ll need an ID here in Iowa to make sure she was born in the USA.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #4

Name: Justus
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I’m sure a cat that smart would cast an informed ballot. Course she’ll need an ID here in Iowa to make sure she was born in the USA.
Iowa Dave
Your naturalized cats can't vote in Iowa?
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
They can as long as they bring their voter ID card to the polls.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:11 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Is that cat yet another billionaire?
Old 11-12-2019, 08:30 PM   #7

Name: James Y.
Trailer: Companion
Ohio
What you have is a "spoiled" cat. It may be hard to retrain it to be a normal cat, but you could try.
Jim G. - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G. - Ohio View Post
What you have is a "spoiled" cat. It may be hard to retrain it to be a normal cat, but you could try.
"Normal cat" is an oxymoron. If you don't think so, drop by our sticks & bricks. We have taken a couple on road trips.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 08:26 AM   #9

Name: Justus
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G. - Ohio View Post
In such situations, ask yourself "Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

If you've ever squeezed a cat, you know the answer.
Justus C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:59 PM   #10

Name: Michael
Washington
Trans Cat

I'm 81 years old. Raised on a farm. Brought a barn cat into the house when I was about three years old and said, "This is my cat". In retrospect, I should have learned right then how much my mother really loved me, because animals of any sort, in that era, were simply not permitted in a German household. She let me keep the cat as a house pet.

Ultimately, I've been priviledged to have many, many cats live in our household. I was even put in charge of a colony of cats who were working for the U.S. Air Force at one location in the 1960s.

Bruce H: A member of my household has gone trans. It is my cat, Sage. She has rejected her birth assignment species and has transitioned to human. She refuses to live out under the carport with the other cats. Instead she insists on living in the house and sleeping in a real bed, under the covers even.She won't eat cat food. And never catches a mouse. Instead she jumps on the table and eats human food. She does not want to stay out all night and fight with the neighborhood cats like my other cats do. But when one of the carport cats comes in the house she will stalk it and attack it. I have realized that it is better not to try to change her, but instead to accept her for who she is.

mgfreema: I'm not sure why you raised this issue. Our cats have, and still do, travel all over the U.S. with us. Because I traveled a lot for business in the past as a bachelor, I limited myself to two cats at a time. (Traveling with two cats is roughly equivelent of traveling with two one-year-old humans.) YOu apparently only have one cat, Sage, who will travel with you.

It sounds to me as though you have a dedicated house cat. (I could even say you have a "devoted" house cat, but "devoted" to a cat is much different then we thnk of it). What are you asking? Do you not like some or all of the things Sage is doing?
mgfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #11

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
A member of my household has gone trans. It is my cat, Sage. ......
I think you named Sage appropriately. She sounds wise.

I have a Jack Russell Terrier that I'm sure thinks she's human. She also sleeps on my bed under the covers, and eats mostly people food because I share. She loves brie but won't eat mozzarella, go figure.

I think she believes she's telepathic and I'm defective because I don't always understand the thoughts she is beaming at me.

We all adapt.

--Harold
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote