True cake story - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2023, 01:50 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
True cake story

POSTED in the Wrong section
My wife & I used to go to this Diner that we loved. It was 10 miles away from our home. It had the BEST Chocolate Cake in the world. It was four stacks high & lots of frosting & melted in your mouth. If you got there too late, the cake was gone.
Where I worked, the Diner was 60 miles away. I like to surprise my wife & decided when I got off work, I would drive the 60 miles & purchase a whole cake & surprise her. I called the Diner & made sure they had a whole cake available. I told them I would be there in an hour.
An hour later, I walked into the Diner to purchase the cake. The lady at the counter looked at the glass display & all she saw was half of a cake. She went back into the kitchen & came back out apologizing that the last of the whole cake was accidentally sold to someone else. She felt so bad she asked if I would like the half cake for free? I gladly accepted & she boxed it up very carefully.
As you know, the biggest fear when carrying a cake in a box, especially in a hat box, is bumping the frosting against the side of the box. So I slowly walked the boxed cake to my car & placed it in the floor of the car. I drove the 10 miles home like I had a baby strapped to the roof.
When I got home, I unloaded my work stuff first to free my hands. I walked back in the house & I yelled, “SURPRISE! I brought some heaven home.”
I slowly placed it on the kitchen island & when my wife opened the box, she wouldn’t have been happier if a “six foot 2 naked cowboy” had jumped out of the cake.
We eat on TV trays in front of the TV. My wife was so happy & she stated, “it was the best surprise” & “I shouldn’t have” & “I have the best husband.”
When we finished eating, she jumped up & said, “Honey, I will bring your slice to you with a big cold glass of milk.”
About 30 seconds later, I hear this blood-curdling scream from the kitchen & I run into the kitchen to find the cutting knife in her hand with a look of shock. She says try to cut the cake. I tried to cut it & find out it was made out of plastic. The lady gave me the faked display cake! We both busted out laughing until we cried.
I called the diner & it took a few minutes for them to understand I wanted to return their fake display cake. I finally got them to understand & told me it was a new lady working this counter.
To make it up to me they would bake me a whole cake & I can pick it up for free tomorrow at 3 PM. I told them the joke was so good I would pay for the cake.
So at 3 PM the next day, we picked up a free whole cake because they thought it was so funny also.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 05:42 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
That story really takes the cake!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 03:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Taylor Coach 17 ft
Y’all have a good sense of humor. That would have frosted me.
John McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 10:36 AM   #4

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
My daughter asked me, “Dad, can I eat the last piece of cake in the fridge?” I smiled and said, “Sure...But the dining room would probably be more comfortable.”
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 12:48 PM   #5

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
You folks are funny.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote