Turbo Power in action - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Turbo Power in action

Interesting how well some of these turbo powered vehicles can perform.

Enjoy!!

Subaru WRX STi

Ford F150 Eco Boost
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Fore sure Jason. I had the experience of driving a couple turbo'd vehicles years ago. One was an 88 Mazda 323 GT and the other a Saab 900S. Really fun cars to drive and the GT off the line was a neck breaker.

We know there are a few forum members towing with turbo's. Nice!
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Nothing to do with Turbo! The First clip is a Subaru!! Even it had been a none turbo version of a Subaru it probable would have still out shined the truck!! Subaru's were build for the snow!

Now I am driving a truck I can't tell you how much a miss my Subaru's evert time I am on a snowy road!!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Nothing to do with Turbo! The First clip is a Subaru!! Even it had been a none turbo version of a Subaru it probable would have still out shined the truck!! Subaru's were build for the snow!

Now I am driving a truck I can't tell you how much a miss my Subaru's evert time I am on a snowy road!!
Very true, Carol. Horsepower is meaningless unless you can keep it planted. About 15 years ago I owned a '93 Subaru Legacy and a '98 Frontier 4x4 at the same time. The Frontier was one of the last of the old-school drivetrains: 4 cylinders, stick shift, manual hubs, manual 4x4 selector with low range. I loved it for exploring back roads, but for highway driving in snow and ice, the Subaru was my choice every time. My daily commute at the time was 20 miles of winding mountain 2-lane that descended from 7000' to 5300', and the Subaru got me home every time. Kept it 14 years and 205K miles.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:44 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
LOL my new school Frontier Pro X is no where near as solid on snow covered highways as my much older Outback with only All Season tires on snowy roads even when the truck is in full 4x4 mode and the back of it full of sand bags for weight.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote