Wisconsin hunters - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2006, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
ABSOLUTELY TRUE STORY HEARD ON A WISCONSIN RADIO STATION REPORTING ON THE INCIDENT.
A guy buys a new Lincoln Navigator for $42,500.00 (with monthly payments of $560.00).
He and a friend go duck hunting in mid-winter; and of course all of the lakes are frozen.
These two guys go on a lake with their GUNS, a DOG, and of course the new NAVIGATOR.
They decide they want to make a natural looking water area for the ducks,something for the decoys to float on.
Now making a hole in the ice large enough to invite a passing duck, is going to take a little more power than the average drill auger can produce. So, out of the back of the new Navigator comes a stick of dynamite with a short 40 second-fuse. Now our two Rocket Scientists, afraid they might slip on the ice while trying to run away after lighting the fuse (and becoming toast, along with the Navigator), decide on the following course of action:
they light the 40 second fuse; then, with a mighty thrust, they throw the stick of dynamite as far away as possible.
Remember a couple of paragraphs back when I mentioned the NAVIGATOR, the GUNS, and the DOG...???
Let's talk about the dog: A highly trained Black Lab used for RETRIEVING. Especially things thrown by the owner. You guessed it: the dog takes off across the ice at a high rate of speed and grabs the stick of dynamite, with the burning
40-second fuse, just as it hits the ice.
The two men swallow, blink, start waving their arms and, with veins in their necks swelling to resemble stalks of rhubarb, scream and holler at the dog to stop.
The dog, now apparently cheered on by his master, keeps coming. One hunter panics, grabs the shotgun and shoots the dog.
The shotgun is loaded with #8 bird shot, hardly big enough to stop a Black Lab. The dog stops for a moment, slightly confused then continues on. Another shot, and this time the dog, still standing, becomes really confused and of course terrified, thinks these two geniuses have gone insane. The dog takes off to find cover, under the brand new Navigator.
The men continue to scream as they run. The red hot exhaust pipe on the truck touches the dogs rear end, he yelps, drops the dynamite under the truck and takes off after his master.
Then """"""""""BOOOOOOOOOOOOM""""""""""!!!! The truck is blown to bits and sinks to the bottom of the lake, leaving the two idiots standing there with...... "I can't believe this just happened" looks on their faces.
The insurance company says that sinking a vehicle in a lake by illegal use of explosives is NOT COVERED by the policy. He still had yet to make the first of those $560.00 a month payments...The dog is okay...
Newspaper item from Wisconsin...
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Old 03-31-2006, 10:51 PM   #3

Trailer: Love Bug / Chevy Astro

I live in Wisconsin and can tell you that to add insult to injury- the Department of Natural Resources will fine you over $150 per day that the vehicle is in the water. The divers will charge you over $1000 to show up for ice diving and then over $500 an hour, 2 divers minimum.
The tow truck will not drive out onto the ice to pull your truck up, firtst-the divers will take the cable down and bolt it to your truck. Second- someone will use a chainsaw to cut a slit in the ice from the holw to shore. Third-the tow truck driver will drag you new Navigator across the bottom of the lake until it breaks through the ice at the shore.
Your insurance company does not cover your loss, or your fees to get you totalled vehicle out.
How do I know this? I watched it happen at Devils Lake State Park about 5 years ago.
Bob Cupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:31 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Reading this story made me very grateful for several things.

1) I am not related by blood to either man.
2) I'm not married to either one of them.
3) I am not the owner's black lab.

Bet he bought the Navigator to pull a monster sticky.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Now I'm confused. I heard it was a Jeep Cherokee. The rest of the story.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:26 AM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Good Dog!!!!!!

wanna cookie?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:31 AM   #7

Trailer: 84 Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Now I'm confused. I heard it was a Jeep Cherokee. The rest of the story.
Ah, I'm glad to see I'm not the only sceptical one in the world - I use purportal.com to get to the bottom of things (such as lakes, etc.!)
jefflynne is offline   Reply With Quote