Wishing we lived in a warmer climate - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #61

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
really sorry to hear about all that white stuff east and south of us
Attached Thumbnails
1489115_10154903089610002_841926925523384354_n.jpg  
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:25 AM   #62

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
really sorry to hear about all that white stuff east and south of us
I agree Carol as I watch the news from the SW desert. Born and raised in SW Michigan right on the lake and I remember it well but it was all fun then as we were kids. Hope everyone gets though this OK.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #63

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
12C is night time temperature here in Ft Myers, FL... Daytime is 25C.
That is a warmer summer day here. For me, the top end of ultimate temps.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #64

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We are predicted to go above freezing this weekend (34 deg F) for the first time in two weeks . Hopefully some of the snow will melt and the roads will clear off.
The only bad part is that when it warms up ,the mosquitoes come out
Deer hunting opens on Saturday and they are predicting freezing rain for Sunday
Luckily we have plenty of firewood cut so the hunting shack will be warm
I have been to Florida in the Summer and the Winter and it has always been to hot and humid for my liking .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #65

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Years ago someone said: Florida..home to the newly wed and the nearly dead.

Only growth industry in Florida seems to be "undertaking and grave digging.

Watch the AAN station (channel 324 on direct TV) and on several nights during the week you can watch (and bid) on hundreds of building lots and reconditioned foreclosed homes at very very low closing prices. If you are retired and you are looking for a bargain home in a hot and humid state to wait for the undertaker check out AANTV (American Aucton Network) for that perfect spot.

I have inherited several homes, lots and condos over the past 10 years in south Flordia.
Had a tough time selling them amid the flood of properties for sale.

If you like a flat, hot, humid climate and concrete block houses (concrete to protect you from hurricanes and insects that eat wood) then Florida is the perfect spot for you.

Yes, that sun is brighter and hotter in Florida because you are in the sub-tropic zone and closer to that ball of flame in the sky....but..."Some Like it Hot"

Don't forget that sun screen lotion!!! You will need it!
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #66

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
Years ago someone said: Florida..home to the newly wed and the nearly dead.

Only growth industry in Florida seems to be "undertaking and grave digging.

Watch the AAN station (channel 324 on direct TV) and on several nights during the week you can watch (and bid) on hundreds of building lots and reconditioned foreclosed homes at very very low closing prices. If you are retired and you are looking for a bargain home in a hot and humid state to wait for the undertaker check out AANTV (American Aucton Network) for that perfect spot.

I have inherited several homes, lots and condos over the past 10 years in south Flordia.
Had a tough time selling them amid the flood of properties for sale.

If you like a flat, hot, humid climate and concrete block houses (concrete to protect you from hurricanes and insects that eat wood) then Florida is the perfect spot for you.

Yes, that sun is brighter and hotter in Florida because you are in the sub-tropic zone and closer to that ball of flame in the sky....but..."Some Like it Hot"

Don't forget that sun screen lotion!!! You will need it!
A house in FL sounds somewhat tempting, but then I remind myself how much better it would be to simply camp there for a month or two in winter, and then migrate north (like the birds... free as a bird!).
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #67

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Manageable for 8 months

Florida is very manageable for about 8 months a year, October through May, sort of like the really northern states, easy living for 8 months. For those 8 months we have lived here without really needing air conditioning. Of course being retired we don't run around in the hot peak hours.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #68

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina
Let's face it....winter can really suck! I burn about 6 cords of wood to heat my remodeled 200+ year old home on the NY/Vermont state line. Some years I get to spend a good part of two days a week behind my snow blower...not fun.
For a change of pace I lug firewood from the wood shed on a path through the snow drifts!.....yet I love it here...am I nuts?

Last year my wife and I flew down to Saint Thomas in the US Virgin Islands for a week...after two days there swimming in the pool, drinking, snorkeling in the beautiful blue ocean, drinking adult beverages, sunbathing on the powder soft sands, drinking more adult beverages...well...I got bored.
I asked a local resident if many northerners retired to the island and she said...
"Oh Yes but they don't last long"....why I inquired?.....she replied..."well they mostly drink themselves to death....not much to do here except swim and drink"��
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #69

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I never buy the 'there's not much to do bit'. As they say, seek and thee will find.

We visited a town of 1000 on the coast of Oregon 7 times, virtually no bars and no powder sand, but always seem to find something new.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:43 PM   #70

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
I'm with you, Norm. There is always something to do.
Paul and I often wonder just how we found time to work, as our lives seem so busy since we retired. Boredom is not a problem, wherever we go.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #71

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Life is boring, to boring people. If folks can't find something to occupy their time (no matter the climate or STATE), I think it says more about them than it does about where they are.... YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:21 AM   #72

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryNPaul View Post
Paul and I often wonder just how we found time to work, as our lives seem so busy since we retired. Boredom is not a problem, wherever we go.
Sherry

Sherry, you must have some carpentry experience (with a hammer!) because you hit the nail squarely on the head with that statement.
I am busier in retirement than I was during my working years. Maybe it's because I am not to tired to do things, and often work excessive hours because I am doing things that are highly gratifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #73

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Salt

Salt
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote