RARE VINTAGE 1966 ROYAL TRAVELER TRAILER by TRAVELEZE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1966 Traveleze Royal
Texas
RARE VINTAGE 1966 ROYAL TRAVELER TRAILER by TRAVELEZE

• <LI class=topsep>RARE VINTAGE 1966 ROYAL TRAVELER TRAILER by TRAVELEZE
Description
$3300.00 or best offer (cash or paypal only)

The Royal Traveler was manufactured by Traveleze and The US Rubber Company as a light weight, durable trailer made from a product called Royalex. Only 100 prototypes were produced in 1966 (s/n 069). The 2 halves of the trailer were vacuum formed in this rubberized vinyl type material – a bottom half and a top half – almost like a walnut shell.

The 14 foot travel trailer weighs in at 1200 pounds according to the title (clear title). It sleeps up to 4 people (2 tables that convert to beds). It includes a refrigerator, stove, sink, toilet, shower, air conditioner, and heat. The air conditioner and refrigerator work but never used the remaining items. I do not know if the water or gas work.

The Royalex body (some canoes are made from this) is lighter than metal, tougher than steel, and never rusts or corrodes. It is a great insulator too.

I have several of the original manuals for the appliance and miscellaneous items along with an old magazine ad featuring the trailer. I also have a 1966 Texas trailer license plate and a few Traveleze hubcaps.

Everything is in great condition considering it is 44 years old. Please text or email to setup a time to come view the trailer. Pick-up only & trailer is sold as is. I am in Arlington, TX 76017.

Email: malford817@gmail.com - Text: 817-586-8756
Attached Thumbnails
ce_12_sb.jpg   eb_12_sb.jpg  

70_12_sb.jpg   8e_12_sb.jpg  

Old 10-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #2

Name: Jen
Trailer: Looking to purchase a 13', preferably with a bathroom/shower
New York
I LOVE this trailer! The interior is so beautiful! Did you do it yourself?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #3

Texas
Thanks. You can buy it, lol. No, it was like that when I purchased it. It is a cute trailer.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #4

Name: Tony
Trailer: in the market
New York
Very nice....just too far....Good luck!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Would this be ready to tow if picked up? Tires, brakes, etc., OK?
Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #6

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
That's a nice looking trailer. It's in much better condition than my own Royal Traveller (under construction). If everything works and the shell is intact I'd say that's a fair price.

However, I'm skeptical of the weight stated on the title. I actually weighed mine and came in at 3400#, not 1400. Same model, same size, same visible appliances and fittings. (Red stripe, not blue. )That's a pretty significant difference, important to someone who isn't pulling with a truck. See mine here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ily-34801.html

The weight isn't much of a surprise when one considers the heavy frame with leaf springs, enameled steel shower pan and metal walls, galvanized pressurized water system, cast iron sink, tile backsplash and many other older (and hence heavier) appurtenances. This was a well-made and high end trailer at the time, and therefore had high end ( = heavy) equipment. And now an air conditioner.

A significant weight reduction can occur with remodeling to newer appliances, plumbing, etc. I doubt the trailer would ever see 1400 pounds, though.

The length also does not appear to be accurate. 19' and change from hitch to spare tire. 16' for the cabin. It does look like the tongue is longer on mine but the cabin appears to be the same.

As I said, looks like a fair price for a nice trailer. I just would hate to see someone drive 2000 miles to try to take possession with their Subaru Forester.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:58 AM   #7

Texas
Thanks LindaK for taking a look. The tires are fine. They need a little air. I have not taken the trailer out in almost a year. I have never used the brakes on this trailer.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #8

Texas
Thanks DaveK. I think you are right about the weight and length. I will update my post. It is very cool to see another one of these. I have never seen another one besides the old ad you have posted. I have the original pages to that ad.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:06 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1984
Not molded Fiberglass!
Should be moved to Miscellaneous RV's section
Old 10-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Yep, these are Royalex, which is a formed ABS-type plastic and not fiberglass.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #11

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Adorable

What a cutie pie. If I didnt already have my little trailer 14 ft Cardinal (restored) I think a trip to Arlington would be great. I pull our Cardinal with a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Certainly looks like worth every dollar. Good luck hope she finds a good home. Your always welcome in Calif. at the Fiberglass rallys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malford123 View Post
  • <LI class=topsep>RARE VINTAGE 1966 ROYAL TRAVELER TRAILER by TRAVELEZE
Description
$3300.00 or best offer (cash or paypal only)

The Royal Traveler was manufactured by Traveleze and The US Rubber Company as a light weight, durable trailer made from a product called Royalex. Only 100 prototypes were produced in 1966 (s/n 069). The 2 halves of the trailer were vacuum formed in this rubberized vinyl type material – a bottom half and a top half – almost like a walnut shell.

The 14 foot travel trailer weighs in at 1200 pounds according to the title (clear title). It sleeps up to 4 people (2 tables that convert to beds). It includes a refrigerator, stove, sink, toilet, shower, air conditioner, and heat. The air conditioner and refrigerator work but never used the remaining items. I do not know if the water or gas work.

The Royalex body (some canoes are made from this) is lighter than metal, tougher than steel, and never rusts or corrodes. It is a great insulator too.

I have several of the original manuals for the appliance and miscellaneous items along with an old magazine ad featuring the trailer. I also have a 1966 Texas trailer license plate and a few Traveleze hubcaps.

Everything is in great condition considering it is 44 years old. Please text or email to setup a time to come view the trailer. Pick-up only & trailer is sold as is. I am in Arlington, TX 76017.

Email: malford817@gmail.com - Text: 817-586-8756
Old 10-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #12

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Traveleze Royal Traveler
California
Much better shape than mine! Wish it looked this good. Totally agree with the weight being heavier than stated and length. Even though there are only a few around there does appear to be some differences between the few I have seen but not that big of a difference. I have noticed differing tongue lengths, wheel wells, tables and paint pattern. Maybe different models or years?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:29 PM   #13

Name: Brett
Trailer: Traveleze
Oregon
Owners Manual?

Hi there-we just got one of these amazing trailers (in pretty rough shape)

The first thing I did was post a picture to one of the vintage trailer Facebook pages I belong to, and folks DON'T BELIEVE that it's a Traveleze!

I'm finding it tough to locate any information online with a logo and pictures of this rare trailer. Does anyone have any photos of an owners manual they can share?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:51 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Brett, we've actually had a couple of members that have owned (own) the Traveleze. Haven't seen them for a while.

In the Document Center, there's a document for you. There may be others on the forums... I just can't remember where they may be hidden right now. But, in the meantime, check this link out: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Miscellaneous Documents
Old 03-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #15

Oregon
Thank you sooo much! It's silly how frustrated I am with the non-believers, but I can't help it! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-21-2015, 05:36 AM   #16

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Can you post your rigs pics here for identification?

Old 03-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #17

Name: Louise
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Registry
Wink Travelese website

Found this in a web search.
traveleze [Tin Can Tourists Wiki]
Old 03-21-2015, 08:38 AM   #18

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
We haven't heard from Dave for a couple of years, but here's a thread he started about his Traveleze. Neato pictures: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ily-34801.html
Old 03-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #19

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Can you post your rigs pics here for identification?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1426952957.787554.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	81566

This is the only one I have on my phone. There's currently a family of bees living inside! I will take more soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV