Catalog (listing) of threads - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Frank, what Facebook posts are you on? A bit confused by that.

If you want to send someone a PM, just click on their username, and select the "Send PM" box. It is just that easy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #22

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Frank might be referring to notifier E-mails attached to this thread...we've done a not-unusual side trip here and responses do now seem to be mostly Facebook related.

If that's the case, Frank:

Has your original question been answered to your satisfaction? If so, you can "unsubscribe" to the thread at your user CP page. It's accessed via the far left button on the toolbar at the top of every page.
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #23
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks, Francesca.

Frank, for more info check out Forums 101, Posting, Accounts, Basics. In particular, post #9 has information on Subscriptions (and unsubscribing).

That same thread has info on Private Messaging, and other aspects of using the site... One caveat: the instructions are based on browser-from-a-computer. The mobile versions of the site differ a bit, in both looks and functionality.

I hope this is useful to you! We're glad you're here!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:18 AM   #24

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
If you're talking about FB, there is a 'Notifications' tab in the upper right corner just below the photo banner on whatever page you are on. You can click it 'off'. I don't get any email FB notifications either. I'm locked down pretty well.

I've never had an issue getting unwanted email notifications from this FGRV site, but I am usually signed on from a laptop. And when I use an IPad to check things out, I 'browse' to this page rather than use the FGRV app because its a work ipad, can't load personal stuff on it. So I'm not sure if the FGRV app has a default setting for emails.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
This is under Edit Options in the UserCP. Make certain it's set to "Do Not Subscribe." Or everytime someone posts in thread where you've replied, you'll be notified. I suppose it depends on how often you post whether or not that could be a problem

Attached Thumbnails
editOptions.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Frank, what Facebook posts are you on? A bit confused by that.

)

Me too.

When I receive email messages from this site advising someone has responded to a post or thread I don't see any Facebook connection to it at all.

Frank as mentioned earlier the suggestions I made to you originally as to how to locate information on this site were not related to Facebook in any way.

The link below my name is what we call a signature here. That will if clicked on take you to a Facebook page of a Fiberglass Trailer Group here in BC. But even then if you went to that page you would not be receiving any notifications unless you yourself set up a Facebook account and clicked on the link to join that page. If you are receiving Facebook notifications then somewhere along the line you must have set up a Facebook account and the only way to stop the notifications from Facebook would be to cancel your Facebook account or change your notification settings within Facebook itself.

While Facebook has becoming less popular with the youth as a social media it has become pretty main stream for most companies, corporations and clubs etc as a means of communicating with their customers and or members.

As a Fiberglass Trailer meet organizer Facebook is a tool for communicating with the over 380 people on our email list who are signed up to receive information about the groups meets etc. Easier & less time consuming for a trailer meet organizer to make one post to Facebook with information for the group on it than it is to send out 380 plus emails and have half of them bounce back as people regular change email addresses or have some internet mail systems deem the email as spam due to the large number of people the information is being sent out to. That results in members of the group complaining that they were never received the information about the meet. The Facebook page also provides a means for those who attend the meet to share their photos of events etc.

So I am sorry if you are confused by the fact my posted include what is known in the world of internet forums a signature that takes you to a Facebook page but as mentioned it would not be the cause of you receiving unwanted Facebook messages.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This is under Edit Options in the UserCP. Make certain it's set to "Do Not Subscribe." Or everytime someone posts in thread where you've replied, you'll be notified. I suppose it depends on how often you post whether or not that could be a problem

Another option (and what I do), is that I do subscribe to all threads I have participated in (or one I want to follow), but choose the option of 'No Email Notification'. That way I get no emails when someone posts to a subscribed thread, but I can find all subscriptions quickly in my User CP.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote