change password every few days> - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Forum Admin, News & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2021, 04:57 PM   #1

Name: WILLIAM
Trailer: wolf pup
IA
change password every few days>

every few days i cant log on and it wants me to make a new password. i have made about 12 new passwords in the past 2 weekss. it seems to want their password they send to me. i cant remember that one so i have to make new password every time i get logged in. gets tiring and confusing
yogavnture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Not normal. I’ve had the same password since I joined in 2014. I’d suggest taking a screenshot of the message you get and send it to the site team.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:14 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
You also have to allow cookies.
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:40 PM   #4

Name: WILLIAM
Trailer: wolf pup
IA
twice in one day

today i had to change password twice in one day. i use two different computers and i have to use their password its like 8xxmhBKN how could i possibly remember that password. must be an easier way . i have changed my password 15 times in two weeks
yogavnture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Have you clicked "Remember Me" when logging on?
Old 02-25-2021, 11:54 PM   #6

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Not normal. I’ve had the same password since I joined in 2014. I’d suggest taking a screenshot of the message you get and send it to the site team.
I also think that is a very unusual thing. This site does not do things like that. If I saw such a message I would scan my computer for viruses asap. If my cookies get deleted, I may have to sign in as a member, or stay as guest, but that is no big deal. Once in a while we delete the cookies. It seemed to be useful in looking for the lowest airline ticket prices some time ago.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:30 AM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
You also have to allow cookies.
I thought about that. Every now and then I do some cleaning of my devices that clears cookies. Afterward I do have to log in again, but I’ve never had to create a new password. Same if you don’t use the “remember me” option. And I have never, ever been told what password to use.

Something’s rotten in Denmark, but I don’t think it’s the forum. I suspect something with the OP’s device or settings.

Janet H, site administrator, Is pretty good at these things. If she could see the message about the password, she’d know if it’s coming from the site or from another source, perhaps some kind of malware. Send her a message using the “contact us” link at the very bottom of the page.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:34 AM   #8

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
This is not a remember me thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogavnture View Post
every few days i cant log on and it wants me to make a new password. i have made about 12 new passwords in the past 2 weekss. it seems to want their password they send to me. i cant remember that one so i have to make new password every time i get logged in. gets tiring and confusing
He is being required to CHANGE password. Have you scanned your computer for malware?
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #9
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
You should not have to continually reset your password.

Some things that might be gumming up the works:

Browsers that 'remember' and autofill passwords often don't update when you set a new password and they autofill old info. Handkey your password for a while and see if it helps.

Password Lockers often have the same issue

Next time you access your account you can reset your password to something you like and find easy to remember. You don't have to use the auto-generated messy password the password reset form sends out.

Try something that is a phrase and insert a number or special character into it for a little extra security. example: Ibrake4merlot!

Passwords are case sensitive so make sure you don't fat finger the shift key
Old 03-03-2021, 06:16 PM   #10

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Try something that is a phrase and insert a number or special character into it for a little extra security. example: Ibrake4merlot!
Thanks Now I not only have to change my password, since you just spilled it on the interwebs, but I also have to start braking for something else instead just so I can remember THAT new password.
Jon MB, using her password and posting under her user name
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:07 PM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie RB View Post
Thanks Now I not only have to change my password, since you just spilled it on the interwebs, but I also have to start braking for something else instead just so I can remember THAT new password.
Jon MB, using her password and posting under her user name
lolol - I guess you could change it to: ibrakeBoonesFarm - no one would guess (or beleive)