Donations page snafu? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #1

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Donations page snafu?

Somewhere I found a donation page I understand there are expenses involved I did and was sent to a strange page, anyway I did my donation and in the process I found there is 44,000 members and the majority are women what s up with that?

important note please read

when you go to that page you are stuck there you cannot x it out finally I had to do a hard reboot and now when I come back everything is messed up.

I know this place I was sent to but why not set up your own donation page get your money and keep it all without this mess.

I will get it back I just have to remember what to do. if one of you knows how please let me know!

thanks

bob
Old 10-07-2017, 10:22 AM   #2

Missouri
my top banner

I can now get my top banner you know the one with the back arrow and favorites on it but I have to do something strange to get it and its only temporary!

bob
Old 10-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for the heads up on this, Bob. Our tech people will look into it.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 10-07-2017, 12:56 PM   #4

Missouri
strange

well mary its strange about all this sort of like they have you captive. mary can I ask you a question how do you store all this stuff 43k is a lot of people and all their information?

does someone have a big mainframe or are you renting space on a main frame if so that is expensive to boot!

inquiring minds want to know

bob
Old 10-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Bob, FiberglassRV.com is part of a company called Social Knowledge.

About Us - Social Knowledge
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 10-07-2017, 08:40 PM   #6

Missouri
ok fine well my stuff has straightened out now. Did you get my other message regarding how you guys are handling all this stuff? Inquiring minds want to know.

bob
Old 10-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #7

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
I found there is 44,000 members and the majority are women what s up with that?
thanks

bob
Why does it seem odd to you that the majority of the members are women? This is not a lifestyle choice with a no girls allowed sign on it

There is nothing new going on, we like little travel trailers and always have. Even Barbie has an RV
Old 10-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #8

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
I think if you check the statistics for the age group of 60-80 you will find a majority of women as well. Most male heart attacks (at least historically) happened at 54 and 56 years of age, and life expectancy for males is shorter, and since genetically we are unable to ask for directions or help it would only make sense on a forum like this that has directions and help, there would be fewer males
Old 10-08-2017, 12:09 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
Somewhere I found a donation page I understand there are expenses involved I did and was sent to a strange page, anyway I did my donation and in the process I found there is 44,000 members and the majority are women what s up with that?

important note please read

when you go to that page you are stuck there you cannot x it out finally I had to do a hard reboot and now when I come back everything is messed up.

I know this place I was sent to but why not set up your own donation page get your money and keep it all without this mess.

I will get it back I just have to remember what to do. if one of you knows how please let me know!

thanks

bob
Future information. It's not necessary to do a hard reboot when ever something like that happens. Use the good old three finger salute. (Cnrl, ALT, DEL all at the same time) that will bring up the "Task Manager" (Windows 10 it's the one at the end of the list). Since this site accessed via a browser look for the browser in applications running and stop it from running. No long wait or messing with hard booting, etc. Just bring your browser back up and you're off and running again.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:24 AM   #10

Missouri
Mary i reread the main webpage again quite a large company explains where all the computer power comes from! In a main frame 43k of anything is nothing.

my computer is all good now isn't this a strange thing. it sat all night on when reloaded my newpapers all is good now.

oh the land of cyberspace!

bob
Old 10-09-2017, 06:18 PM   #11
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
I checked the donation page and it seems to be working. The redirects to paypal make the page load slowly and there is some confusion regarding Social Knowledge LLC however and maybe we can figure out how to make that page a bit clearer.

Social Knowledge is a pretty tiny company and was started by Andy R who is a member here. Over the years it's developed to be a small network of sites that focus primarily on RVing, Camping and adventure. FGRV was one of the very first SK sites. AIRforums (airstream related) was the first and was set up when Andy adopted a vintage Bambi that needed fixing up. He set up AIR looking for some help. There were very few forums at that time dedicated to camping and a lot has changed in the intervening 15 or so years.

Camping has become cool and there are now lots of forums around on the subject. Most however are mostly social in nature and so here we've worked to set up a space to store old reference materials for owners. Manuals, instructions and tech help for these vintage rigs are especially important to owners. The donations help defray hosting costs, programmer costs and licensing fees.
Closed Thread