Fiberglass 5th Wheels Not Welcome Here? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 05:25 AM   #1

Name: Larry and Pat
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Fiberglass 5th Wheels Not Welcome Here?

I received the following two comments in a private message from a "senior member," regarding a discussion on another thread.

If you insist on posting about your 5th wheel on a TRAILER site, you might at least give a little leeway to those of us with TRAILERS (the vast majority of us)_ who know little or nothing about your 5th wheel but DO have a huge interest in how topics (such as rear cargo carriers) apply to their TRAILERS.

Didn't mean to sound off-putting or crabby; it's just that "most" of us here have trailers and that's the specialty of this FGRV forum/site.

These comments and emphasis through capitalization by this person seems to indicate to me that fiberglass 5th wheel owners aren't welcome on this site. Do we need to go elsewhere, or are we welcome here?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:36 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Yes very much so, there must be some confusion as there are many members here with 5 th wheels and are the same as all other fg trailers except for the way they are towed.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The senior member is incorrect and sadly doesn't know the rules. FiberglassRV isn't about whether you own a trailer (affectionately called a bumper pull) or a 5th wheel. It's all about the build TYPE, which is "molded lightweight."

Even more disturbing is the senior member either doesn't know or hasn't read or doesn't care about the "community rules:"
  • Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:51 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Fiberglass 5th Wheels Not Welcome Here?

This site is about "all-molded fiberglass towables," according to the site description on the home page, and a fifth wheel is a towable (as opposed to motorized) RV. Scamp, Escape, and Bigfoot all make (or made) all-molded fifth wheel towables, and we have many active owners here.

Yes, you belong! Someone is misinformed. I would flag the messages for the moderators. In my opinion, such a message is not only misinformed, but inconsiderate. Use of block caps, in particular, is discouraged by the community rules.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:06 AM   #5

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Who sent you the email?
Old 03-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I had just posted a rebuttal. I've gone back and edited it to this one. I think there was a big mistake on the poster's part about the confusion of 5th Wheels- based on their subsequent posts. BUT, I've been popped by the mods about this same person before so just beware!

Here's the topic I think where this originated.... I may be wrong. But if it's the SAME person that "Private Messaged" lpdolan (OP) then THAT is still wrong....if not, the the perp needs to be corrected and warned by a moderator. "lp" keep us posted.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post632779
Old 03-29-2017, 08:40 AM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
I have read many posts on this forum which don't pertain to my particular trailer , or I find silly or frivolous or have an agenda or in some cases are just plain stupid. I am as or more quilty of these offenses as anyone . If the individual that PM'D you is that upset with you posting about YOUR trailer then so be it. He /She can either grow up or go away . If your lucky , we can all read about your transgressions on Twitter and you'll be famous for 15 minutes.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdolan View Post
I received the following two comments in a private message from a "senior member," regarding a discussion on another thread.

If you insist on posting about your 5th wheel on a TRAILER site, you might at least give a little leeway to those of us with TRAILERS (the vast majority of us)_ who know little or nothing about your 5th wheel but DO have a huge interest in how topics (such as rear cargo carriers) apply to their TRAILERS.

Didn't mean to sound off-putting or crabby; it's just that "most" of us here have trailers and that's the specialty of this FGRV forum/site.

These comments and emphasis through capitalization by this person seems to indicate to me that fiberglass 5th wheel owners aren't welcome on this site. Do we need to go elsewhere, or are we welcome here?
A couple things here.

Firstly, if you have an issue with a Personal Message sent to you, you can report it to the Site Team by clicking on the symbol on the top right of the message box. Divulging who it is on the forum is not a good thing to do.

Secondly, your Scamp trailer definitely is fitting of the trailers dealt with on this site, it is moulded fibreglass which is what we are all about.

We are all here to help each other, no matter what brand or model of FG trailer they own, no matter what their questions may be.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread