Finding owners of a particular brand (for feedback/advice)? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Forum Admin, News & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #1
ACC

Name: Anne
Trailer: Currently shopping
California
Finding owners of a particular brand (for feedback/advice)?

Hello ... I'm new to this Forum and have a quick question about connecting with owners of a particular brand we are researching. (We are currently shopping for an RV to use in retirement, as a step up from tent camping, and are gradually refining what we think we want and need. That seems to be changing daily, as I gather info!)

For instance, we have decided we really like the Lil Joe by Weiscraft, and are wondering if there is a way to easily find Lil Joe owners to private-message, in case they are willing to share their experiences. I did search the Registry and came up with one owner. But, is there a way to search the Signatures, where people note their current trailer? (I couldn't see a way.)
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC View Post
Hello ... I'm new to this Forum and have a quick question about connecting with owners of a particular brand we are researching. (We are currently shopping for an RV to use in retirement, as a step up from tent camping, and are gradually refining what we think we want and need. That seems to be changing daily, as I gather info!)

For instance, we have decided we really like the Lil Joe by Weiscraft, and are wondering if there is a way to easily find Lil Joe owners to private-message, in case they are willing to share their experiences. I did search the Registry and came up with one owner. But, is there a way to search the Signatures, where people note their current trailer? (I couldn't see a way.)
You will likely need to be patient when it comes to finding a Lil Joe for sale as there are not a lot of them available. The owners tend to hang onto them
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Searching for owners of a particular brand can be done by using the "Advance Search" in the Members List. However, if is dependent on exactly how the member added the info to their profile. For instance, it took three separate searches to get these. Trust me searching for U-Haul owners is even worse
Attached Thumbnails
LittleJoe-01.JPG   LittleJoe-02.JPG  

LittleJoe-03.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
ACC

Name: Anne
Trailer: Currently shopping
California
Donna D: THANKS so much! That' really helpful and kind of you! I figured there had to be a way ... and it's really good to know (for future reference) that I have to try variations in the brand/model name. Anne
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #5

Name: Fred & Linda
Trailer: Little Joe
Texas
I am replying to this while camping in our Little Joe on Lake Waco (Texas) right now. Great weather after a morning rain - - - beautiful clear moon reflecting across the lake and lots of frogs croaking and locusts chirping. Along with a few mosquitoes naturally!

We just got back last week from a 2-week, 2500 mile trip to the Mount Rushmore area with our Little Joe.

We have had it four years and would be happy to try to answer any questions you might have.

. . . . . Fred
Fred-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:52 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Ontario
We own a 2011 LittleJoe for three years now. We have towed it from Canada to Florida and as far as Texas. We love it! Tows great with no issues. We are planing a three month trip this summer.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me. It might take a while to answer but I will.
If you get one you will be asked to show it at every stop!
W Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #7

Name: Fred & Linda
Texas
Dave is SOOOO correct about people coming up at every stop asking to see our Little Joe. When we tell them it has everything the big guys have except a bathroom they are fascinated and ask if they can look inside. I'm 6'1" and when I tell them I can stand up straight inside, they usually want me to prove it.

Our travelling buddy has a 40 ft Allegro Bus and when he sees this, we always "rub it in" asking him how often people come up to him wanting to see his motorhome. He always has to answer "Never!". Our Little Joe would fit in the closet of it.

. . . . . Fred
Fred-Linda is offline   Reply With Quote